Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
1711979242224.png

Know what I am not sure if the Cuda has them or not?
I think by 64 they were standard in all cars.. in Michigan they were mandated in 65 and newer... you can actually not have seatbelts here if you are before '65.. i won't drive 50 feet without a seatbelt though.. seen some bad **** when i towed cars..

I think by 64 they were standard in all cars.. in Michigan they were mandated in 65 and newer... you can actually not have seatbelts here if you are before '65.. i won't drive 50 feet without a seatbelt though.. seen some bad **** when i towed cars..
Been a while since I took it apart.

Been a while since I took it apart.
Yeah.. i didn't even think bout it before i put my dynamat and carpet in of course.... king of doing **** 3 times :) I should run a couple of wires to the trunk while i have it out again in case i ever wanna run some speakers or anything.. I wish my package tray had speaker holes.. can't bring myself to cut it up

So.. i need to make seat belt mounts for my car as it didn't come with any... i see guys using just a bolt and big washers.. but i was thinking of doing like a 4x4" plate with holes in it and plug welding it to the underside of the floor.. am i overthinking? also.. what bolts do seat belts use 7/16-20? Also.. need to find some gray seatbelts :)
Pretty sure they’re a 1/2 fine thread pitch. I used 4x4 inch, 3/16th thick plate on my dart.

3/16 you are a madman... i'm going 1/8
That's plenty. As I recall, I repaired one in the wheelwell and don't think they were even that. You'd rip it out of the surrounding sheet metal before you would damage that. As for the bolt, I'm not sure of the thread size, but they look bigger cause they are shoulder bolts and have an oversized hex head. There are different lengths for different positions. I think the ones in the center hump were longest cause they sit down in.

I think the ones in the center hump were longest cause they sit down in.
Think about it this way, The outboard belts were singles. The inboard belts were doubles (with the center belts) so you need a longer bolt.

Found no significant draw in the Avalanche. 0.2 amp, not enough to take a battery down in 4 hours. Unless its a constant thing, its hard to find. I have a feeling it will go away as weather warms up. But, the ecm was warmer than surrounding components, using my flir camera. Im baffled. Time to move on to less important things.

Think about it this way, The outboard belts were singles. The inboard belts were doubles (with the center belts) so you need a longer bolt.
Yes, but on mine I'm pretty sure it was more than just the length for double belt.

Found no significant draw in the Avalanche. 0.2 amp, not enough to take a battery down in 4 hours. Unless its a constant thing, its hard to find. I have a feeling it will go away as weather warms up. But, the ecm was warmer than surrounding components, using my flir camera. Im baffled. Time to move on to less important things.
Once the modules power down the only thing that should draw are the clock and radio anti theft I would think. That's a head scratcher. Like you said, .2 should take a battery down in 4 hours. Bad cell? Do you have a electronic battery tester or a carbon pile tester. I like the old carbon pile testers, load them up good and watch the cells for bubbles.

Actually, the one in wheel well is a stud, if you are even doing back belts. I had lots of patching, but this is full reconstruction. The whole area just crumbled when I removed the old Bondo. I re-used the stud, but made a new plate similar to original. The stud went through the anchor plate with tack welds holding it. Then 4 holes fill welded to the wheel well sheet. More ugly details here: Cinnamon 75 Duster \
1711983013809.png

Once the modules power down the only thing that should draw are the clock and radio anti theft I would think. That's a head scratcher. Like you said, .2 should take a battery down in 4 hours. Bad cell? Do you have a electronic battery tester or a carbon pile tester. I like the old carbon pile testers, load them up good and watch the cells for bubbles.
New battery. I figured old one was junk, it probably wasnt.

Morning or afternoon depending where you are. In town with the wife unit, she’s getting some X-rays for hip pain. Ended up having to put some new shoes on Summer yesterday, little bit of laminitis going on. She’s walking a lot better this morning.

-
Back