Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Cool it has the operators books and the timing light. Looks like a good clean up might just do it and re paint the cabinet, the stickers are 35 repoped. I am stoked need to get some old pints dizzys to mess with now.

Cool it has the operators books and the timing light. Looks like a good clean up might just do it and re paint the cabinet, the stickers are 35 repoped. I am stoked need to get some old pints dizzys to mess with now.

He did run the speed up and down on it. Wobbled a bit at high speed don't know if that means anything.
Do you see the pick of the cable in back.

I just got those snap on meters in the mail, they are also awesome for under $10 shipped a Snap on mt 404 Alt/load tester and a mt 414 tach/dwel It will be like going back to the 60's in the shop eventually. You have to see this timing light looks like a ray gun from the old b movies.

He did run the speed up and down on it. Wobbled a bit at high speed don't know if that means anything.
Do you see the pick of the cable in back.
There are rubber bushings that dry out no biggie, the cable is no big deal, really surprised it ran at all. Good thing that means the capacitors are good in it then. I am really happy about it!

The model is a MDT right? They all look the same back then, if so it is late 50's.

Looks like a 57 mdt-50 has the vac pump for the advance on the right. WOW!!!!!!!! Love this old stuff!

I really do not believe it ran, that is so awesome. I thought it was basically a restorer.

The model is a MDT right? They all look the same back then, if so it is late 50's.

Ill go out and check. The two black covers in this pic say flashlight battery cover
I think he said the bottom one needs a new battery and the top one needs fixed. Or the other way around.

20170329_164357.jpg

Last edited:
@halifaxhops i found this in the one barn this afternoon, it plugs in and works, transmits and receives. Is this one of those ones you said to look for

IMG_0785.JPG

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

Batteries are a given and the holders rot out they used mercury batteries, easy fix and expected. My .99 cent meters!
DSC01274.JPG
DSC01275.JPG
DSC01276.JPG
DSC01277.JPG
DSC01278.JPG
DSC01279.JPG
DSC01280.JPG
DSC01281.JPG
DSC01282.JPG

-
Back