Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I can't complain too much.
13,000 miles some of it pretty hard usage in the mountains and on track.
MSD 6T, so plenty of potential voltage and current
Caps not too bad but replacing too,.,
Got to get smeone to make these again..

View attachment 1715152460
As you know I only have that style in aluminum terminals.

As you know I only have that style in aluminum terminals.
As rare as hens teeth.
Ticks me off that many make 'em like that for the Motorcrafts and others but not for the small capped mopars - and we have no room for a bigger cap..

I'll just have to use one out of the collection, same as I did before finding that one. Got at least 4 new caps in the collection. new rotors - not so many

IMG_7075.JPG

Filko Ignition Co, Used to make em with copper terminals, rotors, too. I'm sure I've sold thousands of them. Filko Ign. was very high quality. Family owned Co out of Chicago....

Filko Ignition Co, Used to make em with copper terminals, rotors, too. I'm sure I've sold thousands of them. Filko Ign. was very high quality. Family owned Co out of Chicago....
Thanks Mitch I'll poke around to see what may be on the 'bay
Do you remember if the Chrysler ones had the seperation ribs/rings inside?
Its common on the Prestolite type caps, but for some reason rare on the Chrysler type caps.
Vertex is still selling the same part number, but with a cheaper plastic material and no ribs. We e-mailed back and forth and they're not planning to get the good ones again. I don't know who actually makes 'em.

Yeahhh... Try to find a Tan V8 cap, without the vent.....
I know! The collectors and restorers want that.
I'm OK with the vent - anything to reduce crossfire from ionized air is a plus for what I'm doing. I've had guys tell me they used to pop the caps between runs at the drag strip, and eventually drilled holes in 'em. Not so practical for road course and street. Street probably doesn't usually load it up with ionized air - excpet maybe towing up hills and such.

You will only find NOS Filko on line. The company closed back in the late 90's...Too bad. Was a very well run organization. They were a direct vendor to us, in our Parts Store Operations.

Trying bud, trying. baby steps.

here's the thing. My grandfather came here after WW2 having fought for the Germans. He and his brother came here, worked, got their wives over here, all legally. He had 3 goals: own his own business, build his own house with his own hands and to have a family in which to carry on his name. He achieved all three and did so very well. If I could achieve similar, I would be just as happy if I had Gate's money. Sometimes in life, there's more than money can buy.
This is my wifes Grandfather..Robert Martinek - Wikipedia

He was considered the father of modern artillery. He invented a device to accurately aim artillery pieces in the field. It has three parts, I have the original prototype....And his Notes while he was inventing it.......

He was considered the father of modern artillery. He invented a device to accurately aim artillery pieces in the field. It has three parts, I have the original prototype....And his Notes while he was inventing it.......
that's got to be worth a song

that's got to be worth a song
Yes, BUT very tough to market it, LOTS of thieves want to steal it......My wife's mother is still alive and lives with us, really helps to establish providence...that was her father....Have all the Nazi pictures, his Knights cross.....with oak leaves....He was NOT a Nazi. He got mixed into the German army from Hungary..

Yes, BUT very tough to market it, LOTS of thieves want to steal it......My wife's mother is still alive and lives with us, really helps to establish providence...that was her father....Have all the Nazi pictures, his Knights cross.....with oak leaves....He was NOT a Nazi. He got mixed into the German army from Hungary..
Actually the Nazi's are the ones who killed him....Near the end of the war...The Nazi's were getting rid of loose ends...

If you want I can take a picture of that device.....it is cool...
actually, that'd be awesome. My dad being a WW2 collector would love seeing that. Heck, I've probably used a descendant of that device when dad had his 88

-
Back