Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Kind of cheap. No I'm not interested. Merely passing it along for 375 bucks

IMG_4728.PNG

The front end was the best, mine didnt have the hide-aways as previous owner had trouble with them and swapped in a different grille.

The bumps on the hood had a set of nova hood thingies,suited it really well. That picture makes me want that car back. I got screwed when i sold it- guy gave me money down, was coming back the next day and left town. I was young and Naïve...

and probably a foot tall before it's dry to mow again
No doubt, mine is already higher than they usually mow and there is no way they are cutting it before next Tuesday. Tomorrow is the regular day they mow. I’m sure they will hit me with the extra $7 for a double cut when they do it.

and probably a foot tall before it's dry to mow again
Just saw there were tornadoes in New York. That's not an every day occurrence either. Mother Nature still pissy with us

Spent a little time with my 66 this afternoon. Time to get her ready for the season. The console plates are repops, don't fit all that well but are much more fun to look at than the old pitted originals.
20180516_173509.jpg
20180516_173452.jpg

Spent a little time with my 66 this afternoon. Time to get her ready for the season. The console plates are repops, don't fit all that well but are much more fun to look at than the old pitted originals.View attachment 1715176621 View attachment 1715176622
I find it amazing that a company will go thru all the effort to repop parts, like that console top, and not have it be PERFECT fitting. Why bother? I mean were glad they exist at all, but how much harder to make it right?

I find it amazing that a company will go thru all the effort to repop parts, like that console top, and not have it be PERFECT fitting. Why bother? I mean were glad they exist at all, but how much harder to make it right?
Because when there is no competition, there is no incentive to be better.

Cost the same to make it right! :BangHead:
Maybe not. They cast it once and can sell it. To rework it costs time and money that they have no incentive to do as long as they can sell the ones they make.

If making it better doesn’t bring additional sales, what reason do they have to spend the time and money to make it better?

Also remember that the factory parts had a lot of slop in them. They may have made the first one and it fit perfectly in their test console, but not so much in others. I have seen factory console tops that fit well and others that don’t. An aftermarket vendor has the same issues unless they repop the entire console and top.

Also remember that the factory parts had a lot of slop in them. They may have made the first one and it fit perfectly in their test console, but not so much in others. I have seen factory console tops that fit well and others that don’t. An aftermarket vendor has the same issues unless they repop the entire console and top.
The front piece fit pretty good. The glove box lid is warped and hits the console body in the middle. Both ends don't lay flat.

The front piece fit pretty good. The glove box lid is warped and hits the console body in the middle. Both ends don't lay flat.
Maybe it needs to be put upside down on a flat surface supported on each end and whacked in middle with a rubber mallet a few times to straighten it out.

Maybe it needs to be put upside down on a flat surface supported on each end and whacked in middle with a rubber mallet a few times to straighten it out.
A little afraid to force it too much. Pot metal is not too forgiving.

yeah
I've grown up in the woods surrounded by poison ivy. I've rubbed it on my arms deliberately before to prove the point. Not even made my skin red.

Now poison oak or poison summack, totally different story. I can get that stuff not bad, but still get it

The brat was little 6 or 7. We went to a company party/BBQ at a local park, It was my turn to BBQ, our plant's turn to BBQ.
Park has a creek running through it, moderately infested with poison oak. "Stay away from the creek Megan". Hour later she returns with little welts just starting to show. "Dad, we went to the creek" she says. Partner says "Take her to the beach and throw her in". "No Way" I says. "15 minutes in the saltwater, done". Finished the BBQ, drug her to Avila Beach, tossed her in, she did protest briefly. Took her home, washed her down, not a welt or a rash to be seen.

-
Back