Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
but it started shifting funny right after you did the brakes! :poke:
Sacktly!!
Just because i touched it last, doesent necessarily mean its my fault.
Price of gas went up 80 cents a gallon, all kinds of people whining the car is hard on gas all of a sudden...

99% of them are gone from everywhere. No money in it anymore. Those that are still in business around here also do furniture reupholstering and awnings just to themselves keep in business.

The “needle trade” as it is called, is pretty much dead.
And one just started here in town. She’s a long time friend.
Offered to order any vinyls i want,and offered to help if i need.

Had thought about getting into it myself,almost. I just dont think i have the skills.

I have been there. I was a shop foreman/service writer for 13 years. There is a lot of "it didn't do that till you worked on it" LOL Glad I'm not in that business any longer. And then I was a tool dealer for 28 years and heard it all from 250 different shops and 500+ customers.

I used to hear that from the forklift drivers when I worked on there lifts and they weren't even paying for nuthin!
Was nice sometimes though... when they told me how good I fixed something. And some of it wasn't touched. :realcrazy: lol

This is kind of interesting...I wonder what I can do with it...

AB0C3B63-D709-420F-B013-3000244F0A18.jpeg

That's awesome!! I've not tried it yet as my attacks are so randomized. The problem I'm finding is there is a condition called NEAD that I think I fall under, which is non-epilepsic attack disorder. NEAD seizures are entirely unpredictable and I think that's going to hurt any data pro or con on CBD oils. Hell the Army says since the civilian docs can't find a cause that im fully healthy, regardless of 4 siezures in a year..

That's awesome!! I've not tried it yet as my attacks are so randomized. The problem I'm finding is there is a condition called NEAD that I think I fall under, which is non-epilepsic attack disorder. NEAD seizures are entirely unpredictable and I think that's going to hurt any data pro or con on CBD oils. Hell the Army says since the civilian docs can't find a cause that im fully healthy, regardless of 4 siezures in a year..
Well, the good news is that you can now try an FDA approved prescription drug and see if it helps...and the Army has to accept it.

Well, the good news is that you can now try an FDA approved prescription drug and see if it helps...and the Army has to accept it.
Nope. They already released a memo putting it as a banned substance. Had a briefing on it in May. For the record, certain opioids even with prescriptions are banned as well. Even some fertility drugs are banned. Army is stuck in the mode that the only thing a soldier should take is ibuprofen

From the Army Times:

Per Army Regulation 600-85, The Army Substance Abuse Program, Soldiers are prohibited from using hemp or products containing hemp oil and are also prohibited from using synthetic cannabis, to include synthetic blends, using CBD oil, and other THC substitutes ("spice"), or any other substance similarly designed to mimic the effects of a controlled substance."

From the Army Times:

Per Army Regulation 600-85, The Army Substance Abuse Program, Soldiers are prohibited from using hemp or products containing hemp oil and are also prohibited from using synthetic cannabis, to include synthetic blends, using CBD oil, and other THC substitutes ("spice"), or any other substance similarly designed to mimic the effects of a controlled substance."
Not anymore. It is an approved drug product now. Their regs will not stand. A lawyer will clean their clock if they don’t adapt when it comes to this product.

Here is the line.
"or any other substance similarly designed to mimic the effects of a controlled substance."
This new medicine does not do this.

Yep. We know the guys from GW Pharma and they have a large team of lawyers ready to go to fight any BS like refusal to cover or refusal to accept by any government agency. They have spent the last 2 years sharpening their teeth for any challenge...and they WILL win.

I would like to try it and see if it helps Crohn's but I don't know what brand of oil if any is legit.

I would like to try it and see if it helps Crohn's but I don't know what brand of oil if any is legit.
This one that has just been approved is legit...and a true drug product rather than a back room compounded maybe.

So do I tell my doctor that the immune-modulating drug I am taking isn't doing much that I can tell, and see if he will prescribe this new Epidiolex?

So do I tell my doctor that the immune-modulating drug I am taking isn't doing much that I can tell, and see if he will prescribe this new Epidiolex?
Yes. Any Doc can prescribe Epidolex for any indication they choose. You will have to wait a little bit for it to get on the market as it was just approved today. After it is available, physicians can apply it in any way they see fit. It might just work for you and it is completely safe with very few side effects...none serious.

^^^^That's great to hear, I have an appointment in late July, and I can send my doctor a message beforehand mentioning my interest.

In other news, I got the Fury's fender indicators working again, just loose connections. Next up, the horn. Buttons are on the spokes and they are hard, they don't depress. I see you can buy them NOS, but I need to see what is really going on in there, only I don't want to break the center plastic piece.

^^^^That's great to hear, I have an appointment in late July, and I can send my doctor a message beforehand mentioning my interest.

In other news, I got the Fury's fender indicators working again, just loose connections. Next up, the horn. Buttons are on the spokes and they are hard, they don't depress. I see you can buy them NOS, but I need to see what is really going on in there, only I don't want to break the center plastic piece.
It’s not hard to take apart. It has screw bolts on the back of the wheel holding the center piece on. Just take your time and you can pull it apart.

Regarding that cannabis drug, it will be interesting to see how much one has to pay for it.
No price point yet, but the company is seriously interested in off-label use (although they can’t promote it) and have programs to get the drug into the hands of patients that need it at reduced cost. It is a golden opportunity to get them to give you drug for no cost as your Doc figures out if it works for your condition.

I was thinking the drug company might have a program to make it cheaper, the Humira stuff I am taking only costs me $5 a month. But I am not too impressed with it, my symptoms aren't that much better aside from I haven't gotten acutely sick since I started it. Of course there's no reason why I couldn't take both at the same time. Anyway it is good news for many people with other conditions!

-
Back