Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well, I figured out who has been stealing all my minnows from my floating bait pail overnight.

I heard splashing late last night where the pail is in the water so I quick went out with my flashlight and lit the bugger up.

It was a damn otter! He was floating on his back with my bait pail on his belly and was reaching in and taking big handfuls of minnows and eating them like it was a bucket of Popcorn!

He wasn’t bothered by me in the least shining the light on him and knew he could escape faster than I could ever get to him. I grabbed the line for the pail and tried to take it, but he held on to it for another 30 seconds until he was done eating them all...then he let it go and swam off.

Looks like the minnows are staying in the insulated bucket with the air bubbler on the screened-in porch overnight now.

Last edited:
Well, I figured out who has been stealing all my minnows from my floating bait pail overnight.

I heard splashing late last night where the pail is in the water so I quick went out with my flashlight and lit the bugger up.

It was a damn otter! He was floating on his back with my bait pail on his belly and was reaching in and taking big handfuls of minnows and eating them like it was a bucket of Popcorn!

He wasn’t bothered by me in the least shining the light on him and knew he could escape faster than I could ever get to him. I grabbed the line for the pail and tried to take it, but he held on to it for another 30 seconds until he was done eating them all...then he let it go and swam off.

Looks like the minnows are staying in the insulated bucket with the air bubbler on the screened-in porch overnight now.
:rofl:Bastard!

Holy **** Batman....No friggin brakes. I pulled the fronts apart the other day, and replaced the leaking front seal. But I couldn' check the operation, since I was alone. So I took it for a drive in the neighborhood. Almost put me in the bushes, it pulled so hard to the right. Anyhow, parked it and pulled the rear drums to take a look. Looked ok. So now the young man that lives in the apt shows up. While the car is up, I get him to push the brake. WTF.....WTF ??? Only the right front operates. I had already bought a MC for it, since I didn't like how nasty it looked on the outside. So now I climb under the dash at 60 yrs old... WTF...Can barely get to the pin. And of course it's all rusty too. So I get the MC off and pull the top to look inside......WTF....No brakes you say ????????View attachment 1715212992 View attachment 1715212994 View attachment 1715212995 View attachment 1715212996

View attachment 1715212997
Now that's Fugly!

Thats funny right there.

No kidding! I have been coming to this island for the past 45 years and even spent entire summers here when I was a kid and never had an otter steal my minnows before.

I asked about it at the bait shop and it has apparently become a huge issue at marinas and moored boats all over the Island just in the last year. They have even been climbing onto boats and stealing bait out of live wells.

No kidding! I have been coming to this island for the past 45 years and even spent entire summers here when I was a kid and never had an otter steal my minnows before.

I asked about it at the bait shop and it has apparently become a huge issue at marinas and moored boats all over the Island just in the last year. They have even been climbing onto boasts and stealing bait out of live wells.
Got to say I never saw sea otters at the Jersey shore.
Of course we used to never see wild turkey or even deer except in the paddocks or out in what were then the more riural areas....

I asked about it at the bait shop and it has apparently become a huge issue at marinas and moored boats all over the Island just in the last year. They have even been climbing onto boasts and stealing bait out of live wells.
Oh damn! These wildlife millennials have no boundaries!

So I'll. Wait till tomorrow to reinstall. I clearcoated the new one. Just hope TH I don't have to take the dish valve all apart
View attachment 1715212999

View attachment 1715212998
I believe that is correct for that application! Well done.
008 (2).jpg
022.jpg

-
Back