Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Figuring out the lay out of my deck

15347926412623736639403768868699.jpg

Well based on my experience the letter always reads that way. You go to a medical review based on the Dr's comments.
A medical review board then determines if you go on to a discharge board.
I'd guess you wouldn't face discharge with a pending surgery for your knee.
I served more than 10 years with a 50% hearing loss and tinnitus. They do give waivers.
Don't get discouraged, its a process, its the Army.
its not that. Its the seizure history. They can't find a cause, thus no treatment plan and its been over a year. Regs state that I have a permanent profile for it now. if that profile ticks on over a 1 yr, its a discharge per new DA policy. 1 yr was up in May.

You might think better about the Poly the same way you used to not like Early A's etc., they are such tough units and were always still good after 100k+ miles when the other Big 3's engines would be smoking, the Poly is what kept me in transportation through the 1980's, they made me a believer, '63-'66 was a golden age for them and Mopar designs that just never wore out if you took care of them. Also better gas mileage than LA's, people said that and from my experience I agree, I got exactly 20mpg on the interstate, and plenty of smooth power.

Leaky valve covers was the only issue I had.
yep... and they had a higher horsepower rating than a 340... 295 for the 318 poly HP (dual quad) and 275 for the 340... the poly heads flow better than aftermarket LA heads even. Biggest draw back is performance parts availability and weight. thing weighs as much as a 440.

When we go to a car show and the Mustangs sit there my wife always comments "One of a million"
She looks at a BB MOPAR and says "living a dream".
She's a smart girl!!
Yes she is! She married you didn't she? :lol::poke::lol:

yep... and they had a higher horsepower rating than a 340... 295 for the 318 poly HP (dual quad) and 275 for the 340... the poly heads flow better than aftermarket LA heads even. Biggest draw back is performance parts availability and weight. thing weighs as much as a 440.

Yep I never did any upgrades, just fed them Marvel Mystery Oil if I had it...I barely had any money in those days so I considered the Poly to be part of my survival plan. Just now I was thinking back and what came to me as the main difference is that engine just didn't feel like it had to work as hard as the LA 318's I've driven.

Really taking a trip down memory lane haha I'll say one more thing about the Poly it has a special sound, a pleasant rumble that has an "old-fashioned" quality to it, the best way I can describe it....

Yep I never did any upgrades, just fed them Marvel Mystery Oil if I had it...I barely had any money in those days so I considered the Poly to be part of my survival plan. Just now I was thinking back and what came to me as the main difference is that engine just didn't feel like it had to work as hard as the LA 318's I've driven.
its got a much bigger, torque curve. very smooth

Really taking a trip down memory lane haha I'll say one more thing about the Poly it has a special sound, a pleasant rumble that has an "old-fashioned" quality to it, the best way I can describe it....
that it does.

i need to get a video of mine idling posted. anyone good with youtube?

Here ya go @halifaxhops :
These tags are meant to be read from the bottom left to the top. I will chart it as I see it from the top to bottom.
According to the option coded the car was built in Hamtramck, Michigan
A5 Transmission Torqueflite
F1 Radio Music Master Economy
H5 Heater Front heat and defrost
M3 Electrical Back up lights
P1 Mirror Outside left manual
Q0 Engine Standard
R2 Engine 225 1 bbl 145 hp
T8 Alternator 48 amp

SO 0611 Scheduled production date June11
NUMBER 3214 Shipping order number 3214
BDY 149 Body Valiant Barracuda
TRM P5X Trim P=Premium-Bucket seats 5=Vinyl x=Black
PNT KKB Paint K=Turquoise Poly Metallic K=Trim-Turquoise B= Upper door color-Black
You are the man tool man!

You didn't figure out before you bought the materials? :eek:
It needs to be high enough to clear some pipes going to the solar heating, then I need to figure out the stairs up, then that will determine the final spot for the deck...

I would love a early B body with a Poly. It doesn't need a wedge (unless there's already one under the hood)
11230591_594194577388342_8769535938012833369_n.jpg
download (1).jpg
318-poly head.jpg

Holy **** Batman....No friggin brakes. I pulled the fronts apart the other day, and replaced the leaking front seal. But I couldn' check the operation, since I was alone. So I took it for a drive in the neighborhood. Almost put me in the bushes, it pulled so hard to the right. Anyhow, parked it and pulled the rear drums to take a look. Looked ok. So now the young man that lives in the apt shows up. While the car is up, I get him to push the brake. WTF.....WTF ??? Only the right front operates. I had already bought a MC for it, since I didn't like how nasty it looked on the outside. So now I climb under the dash at 60 yrs old... WTF...Can barely get to the pin. And of course it's all rusty too. So I get the MC off and pull the top to look inside......WTF....No brakes you say ????????
0815181456_HDR.jpg
0815181456.jpg
0815181457.jpg
0815181457a.jpg

0820181721.jpg

So I'll. Wait till tomorrow to reinstall. I clearcoated the new one. Just hope TH I don't have to take the dish valve all apart
0820181721a.jpg

0820181721a.jpg

Also now wonder what will happen with the Cylinders when new fluid gets to em... Ohh well He'll just have to pay..... Ohh yeah....look at the rear brake hose wrapped around the tailpipe...LOL.....

-
Back