Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning...catch up is tough sometimes.
Good Morning

2AED8F94-6B54-4E3C-AC55-EA103E1E8DCB.jpeg

Been at work since 10. Half day of changing lightbulbs on OT, then off to a picnic...:thumbsup:

Trunk on the Pop is pretty big and it does have a trailer hitch. No big sun machines next year. Hey What is going on with that block of spaces we were talking about?
For me it is still up in the air, next year. I WANT to be there with the '69, but might not work out...

I need to get going. We have a wedding to go to at 4. It will be here soon.

You could get the long distance award unless Ulf makes the trip with a car.
You guys see that petty blue 426 GTX in the building, had to be a 1971, the one with the 64 Sport fury in it? That car was trailer ed all the way from Tucson AZ. We hop scotched each other on the whole trip.

So you all recall that 400 I got last week? Just traded it off for these two things

IMG_5179.JPG

Morning all. Quick drive by before heading to the cemetery this morning to visit my battle and friend. 10 years since we lost him in Iraq.

Take care all. Say a prayer for those deployed in harms way today.

Army Spc. Jonathan D. Menke| Military Times

One of my cousins was deployed to Iraq 4 -5 times... He lead the deadliest platoon in Iraq that killed more insurgents than any other... :elmer:

Luckily he returned after all of his deployments... :usflag:

Hopefully they got the guy that got your friend... :elmer:

I know that my cousin killed two Iraqi snipers while the rest of his platoon were evading the sniper fire... My cousin was able to get the enemy snipers before they got him or any of his platoon... He received a medal of honor for putting himself in harms way to protect the others in his platoon while they escaped to safety...

One of my cousins was deployed to Iraq 4 -5 times... He lead the deadliest platoon in Iraq that killed more insurgents than any other... :elmer:

Luckily he returned after all of his deployments... :usflag:

Hopefully they got the guy that got your friend... :elmer:

I know that my cousin killed two Iraqi snipers while the rest of his platoon were evading the sniper fire... My cousin was able to get the enemy snipers before they got him or any of his platoon... He received a medal of honor for putting himself in harms way to protect the others in his platoon while they escaped to safety...
Nice! Who's your cousin? I know there were a few MoHs handed out but I thought only one was living. Im probably wrong on that one

Quiet in here...
Nothin went as planned/hoped today.
Oh well. I care not.
Poured 1/2 the day.
This evening is bbq ribs. Kinda pot luck thing at a friends place.
Cant remember what the occasion is. Lots of people, and a lot of food.

Nice! Who's your cousin? I know there were a few MoHs handed out but I thought only one was living. Im probably wrong on that one

T J Grider

There's a book called "The Gods of Diyala" that has some stories about him....

I haven't had time to read it yet, but my mom did while she was going through her cancer treatments... She said that she couldn't believe that he was mentioned so much in the book and there were some good stories in there... I think it was written by someone who served with him...

He is pictured on the front cover...

DSC08101 B.JPG

This is him on the left...

DSC08104 B.JPG

This evening is bbq ribs. Kinda pot luck thing at a friends place.
Cant remember what the occasion is. Lots of people, and a lot of food.

As long as there's good food and good company.... :thumbsup:

Have a good time.... :D :D

I hope I can hear the sprint cars from the front porch tonight cuz that's as close as I'm going to get. That LA traffic wore me out. Time for an adult beverage. :steering:

-
Back