Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I get 10 for each battery,15 if its a core. I return them to parts store. Heavy duty/commercial batteries are a little more.

Thats for all the backups for the electronic onboard. Mosts are in series for 24V but 2 are in parrallel for more capacity for comms.

Tell you what I was off the grid when I lived in Hawaii. I do not miss doing the monthly maintenance on all those trojan 105's we had in series parallel to run the inverter. Clean all the terminals then top them off. all under the house that was two feet off the ground.

Tell you what I was off the grid when I lived in Hawaii. I do not miss doing the monthly maintenance on all those trojan 105's we had in series parallel to run the inverter. Clean all the terminals then top them off. all under the house that was two feet off the ground.
Government job. Had a genset,and 2 24 volt battery banks. Ran an inverter for nighttime use.
Was hard on batteries.
In all their wisdom they decided adding 4 more batteries would fix the battery reserve issues.
Flat out refused to replace the weak ones. Until one shorted.
Killed the whole works.
The biggest problem with something like that is mis-matching batteries. They wouldnt listen. I warned them.

Government job. Had a genset,and 2 24 volt battery banks. Ran an inverter for nighttime use.
Was hard on batteries.
In all their wisdom they decided adding 4 more batteries would fix the battery reserve issues.
Flat out refused to replace the weak ones. Until one shorted.
Killed the whole works.
The biggest problem with something like that is mis-matching batteries. They wouldnt listen. I warned them.

It is a funny thing that if two batteries and one goes bad, and you replace only that one. It is not long until both are gone. I have experienced that if you change both batteries, you can take.the remaining battery and use it for stand alone for.many years. No issues.

As for.matching batteries, I prefer them come from the same batch even.

We did a lot of battery jobs when I worked repairing fishing boats when I was young and not so handsome. Now I am only not so handsome... Lol

Bill

Good Morning! How far back do I have to read to see what Rob bought.

I haven't posted any pictures yet. Kitty and I just pushed it off the trailer a little while ago. It's "what's left" of a 65 Valiant 2 door sedan. LOTS of rust, but lots of good parts, too. I'll post pictures in the thread I made in a little bit.

Hey if it was a slant and has the exhaust hangers after the muffler let me know. Looking for the factory ones.

Good morning guys. Nothing much new around here, we had king tides this week, no choice but to drive thru salt water in the Fury a couple days ago. Sposed to cool off next weekend, will be a nice 5 hr road trip to attend a wedding, my friend's son and I am helping with the rehearsal dinner.

Good morning people. For all of you still working the grind like myself, it's Friday! Pour me a bourbon! Well, better make it coffee first :)

Good morning guys. Nothing much new around here, we had king tides this week, no choice but to drive thru salt water in the Fury a couple days ago. Sposed to cool off next weekend, will be a nice 5 hr road trip to attend a wedding, my friend's son and I am helping with the rehearsal dinner.

Hello David ! Long time no see. How've you been? Well, I hope. You gone to my cousin's place anymore?

Hello David ! Long time no see. How've you been? Well, I hope. You gone to my cousin's place anymore?

Hi Rob, thanks for asking, I am doing fine. Looking to celebrate big next April, me and my sister are on a cruise from Tampa to Spain for two weeks. Turning 60, who knew?
I have been back to your cousin's place a couple times. Very smart the way the place is set up. You know I look at details when I go out to eat. The fruit loop pancakes they have are really good.

David, You should take the Fury to a car wash, and spray the undercarriage good.......

-
Back