Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
ive even looked into taking a route 66 trip, but with every thing locked down and the various rules by state, itd be tough
I suppose, I wouldnt even know how to book that with all this going on, and it could be a real mess if it was even possible. I think that is better saved for another time.

We have 5 camping trips planned for this summer and my sister had 7. Her first one was supposed to be this weekend. That is cancelled, as state parks are not open (where we book all of ours). Private campgrounds are and hotels are going to 50% capacity. Yet to open up a state park where only fraction of the people will be and all separated they wont do. Not even to all self contained units. Just plain stupid.

I suppose, I wouldnt even know how to book that with all this going on, and it could be a real mess if it was even possible. I think that is better saved for another time.

We have 5 camping trips planned for this summer and my sister had 7. Her first one was supposed to be this weekend. That is cancelled, as state parks are not open (where we book all of ours). Private campgrounds are and hotels are going to 50% capacity. Yet to open up a state park where only fraction of the people will be and all separated they wont do. Not even to all self contained units. Just plain stupid.
we had some weekend camping trips local, all reservations were cancelled by the state thru July 31st and were refunded.

On a serious note - when possible... avoid keeping your elbow bent tight and leaning on elbows. I have had problems with that nerve in both arms for years. Left was worse. Had it checked and they said not bad enough for surgery. Has gotten much better, but still some numbness and tingling in those fingers at times. Biggest things that helped me is keeping arms somewhat straight when sleeping and keeping keyboard away from me so arms are not bent so much. I think that is where most of mine came from.
When i was gainfully employed, in a fast paced shop, it got to the point i could barely hold up my impact. After moving out of that,and into park maintenance mechanic it all but cleared up.
One whack on a piece of angle iron in the joint of my elbow and
2-1/2 days so far with 2 numb fingers. Not really affecting my work, but writing bills seems really difficult.
I did hit it pretty hard though. Will be speaking to a doc tomorrow. About ussues with prescriptions. May ask him about this too.

Are they ‘closed’ or just nobody’s participating
forced closed by the Gov. Florida right now, state wide, and this is per VRBO and Air bnb both, are only allowing large hotel chains to accept checkins and only on reservations made prior to some date in march. The thought process is that large hotels have the cleaning manpower to thoroughly clean and therefore are safer than independent operators. A LOT of the state's beaches are closed, depending on what county, almost all the popular ones on the gulf side.

my wife also HATES road trips so thats out anyway. i think shes got a phobia of riding in a car for long periods. Any more than about 30 minutes and her anxiety is thru the roof and she's panicking over every bump or swerve or sound. my two toddlers, love road trips. That trip i made to Carlisle with my son was probably the most enjoyable mini vacation I've had in 15 years. It was so peaceful and quiet. he was just taking it all in, especially the mountains and tunnels. and Semis, he loved the semis

my wife also HATES road trips so thats out anyway. i think shes got a phobia of riding in a car for long periods. Any more than about 30 minutes and her anxiety is thru the roof and she's panicking over every bump or swerve or sound. my two toddlers, love road trips. That trip i made to Carlisle with my son was probably the most enjoyable mini vacation I've had in 15 years. It was so peaceful and quiet. he was just taking it all in, especially the mountains and tunnels. and Semis, he loved the semis
Thats to bad about the wife not being able to go long distances. Im glad your boy enjoyed that trip, thats going to be a memory that lasts forever for the both of you.

I fricking hope not.. I want to plan my vacation for next winter, but no one is updating there websites.
Mark my words...nothing is happening until next Spring.

Accept that it’s going to be that way and if things do open up, it will be a pleasant surprise.

Don’t accept it, and everything will be a let down for the next 8 months.

Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Wife is still trying to get stuff refunded from our cancelled cruise. Rebooked for jan next year. Looks like they will be running ships at 50% of capacity.

It is summer time, ya throw a sleeping bag on the handle bars, a bunch of adult beverage and jerky in the saddle bags, (whatever you stuff in the handle bars is your business) a couple spare mags for the 45, a helmet tied on the back in case you get in one of “those” States, some sunblock, a six foot piece of garden hose for fuel issues and hit the road. Sleep with your feet in between the wheels! Go whichever direction the rain and log truck ain’t. Problem solved!

Decided to finish the fictional “Pearl Pacific” cruise lines vintage 1930s style poster series today.

Last two images of the set...

C7EFF3E1-551D-4A84-93CF-4A20C122EA39.jpeg

461F2895-F849-42A8-9917-32CE9A667E15.jpeg

There are talks of cancelling our State Fair. A lot of the vendors are at the deadline of needing to know for planting their crops in order to have enough food for their booths. I hope they open everything up soon, its really sad to see daily postings on FB about business's closing

I drove by a small older strip mall here today and noticed that the butcher in there that's been there since I can remember is now closed...

Small shop - fresh meat... Gone...

our local county fair is the largest, and most visited county fair in the state, and we have one of the smallest counties population wise. Its also the last, 100% free entry fairs in the state. Free Parking, no entry fees, only whatever you wanna spend on the midway and for food, which is also cheaper than other area fairs by a large amount.

Detroit used to have the oldest state fair in the country until they closed it...

I used to live 1/2 mile from there...

Now it's a shopping center - large chain store with smaller stores around it...

We used to go every year and take the kids as they grew up... Buy them a wrist band and let them go nuts on as many rides as they could... They would sleep good that night...

Afternoon everyone, back from the Doc, ankle is 60% healed. 4 more weeks in the boot, and to start putting some weight on it with some walking without crutches.

That's good news...

Go easy on the break in, you don't want to 'take a step backwards' and ruin the progress...

Don't over due it...

-
Back