Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning! Turned the heater on for the first time last night.

Couple days ago a customer came in for a tire repair, tire had a sidewalk leak. He needed a set and decided to see what the junkyard would give him. They offered him $450 and he accepted my offer of $475.

I now have a 1999 crown Vic with roughly 165,*** miles!

View attachment 1715995034

View attachment 1715995040
You just need a redlight and a push bar!

Just a quick drive through.
Guy warming up a 70s Beetle outside. Haven't met him yet but must be a new renter or a friend of someone on the block or around the corner. It runs well. Reminds me that I haven't seen the air cooled wagon in while. Those are cool.

Couple days ago a customer came in for a tire repair, tire had a sidewalk leak.

Why are you repairing the tire when the sidewalk is leaking???

Shouldn't you be fixing the pavement??? :realcrazy:

I once took a leak on the sidewalk... Let's just say that the neighbors didn't appreciate it... :mob:

It's Fiero Friday!

1665147811431.png

Good morning :D

Knee feels better today sat around most of the day icing it with a super ice machine we have.
Did got to the store yesterday to get a recommended Copper Fit knee brace...works great!!
Pulling in and a car cuts me off for the parking place, so I park behind it.
Out pops the ex-wife who I hadn't seen in a few years.
She laughs and says I didn't know it was you.
She sees me limping a little and asks why.
I told her I had twisted my knee and she said Well your pushing 70 (just turned 66) as old as you are now **** like that happens.
I replied Well you haven't aged too well either.
Last I saw of her.
:lol::lol:

You should have told her that her leather bag is looking pretty rough... Oh, I'm sorry, that's your face!!! :eek:

Evening all. So several years back, a buddy of mine got killed on a motorcycle crash. His dad and him were both big into hot rods. Anyway, his dad messaged me, he had a pair of very nice running 750 Holleys off his 460 ford with a tunnel Ram. He was going down to a pair of 600s and made me a really good deal on these two.

Probably gonna have to rejet them and such but they should work for my 440 enough to break it in. Hell, maybe I’ll just go tunnel ram myself lol

View attachment 1715994929

View attachment 1715994930
Always go tunnel ram!

Good Morning Everyone. Happy Friday. Didn't get here as early as I wanted, but an hour at least. Hoping to get a few things done this weekend, we will see. I also need to slow down a bit and enjoy the remnants of Fall. All could change at any time, but not like Frank has...no way!

Strained a knee yesterday. I had my ortho nurse daughter take a look at it this morning when she dropped the GD off.
She deemed it a likely strain ice, ibuprofen, and she said "as hard as it might be take it easy a few days" and then added through the weekend.
She knows me...haha!!

That's not what you kneed... I mean need.... :BangHead:

Hope it heals soon...

And I forgot to add our very own coffee supplier of no name National fame swung by the shop on his way back to Texas in his formidable Ford! @Stephen Hotz and his family swung by and I traded him a big ole bag of cookies for his boys for some coffee. I threw in some pistol training for his wife and two boys. Great time great people.

View attachment 1715994843

View attachment 1715994844
Was great getting to meet @Sublime one in person. Claudia had a blast with the rest of us with the training. Can't wait to do it again.

20221004_170025.jpg

20221004_170026.jpg

20221004_170025.jpg

So Wednesday I go to one of my local bars to grab lunch and a Pepsi before going out to drive... They just changed their specials and I wanted to try their new grilled ham and cheese with fries for $7 deal...

As I walk in, there are only two people inside the bar; one guy at one end doing some paperwork with his reading glasses on, and Tom one of the regulars is busy on one of the video gambling machines....

I sit down in the middle of the bar and the bartender has her back to me and seems occupied... After a few minutes some people poke their head in from the outside patio and they and the bartender say their happy goodbyes...

So now the bartender is facing me and has her face in her phone, swiping away like Quagmire on Tinder... I sit there for a few more minutes and she doesn't even acknowledge me... No "Hello" or "Can I take your order"... Too busy in her own world to put down the phone notice me....

So I walked out and went to a new local bar that I haven't been to before...

They had a much cuter looking bartender... She gave me a menu as soon as she saw me sitting at the bar and gave me time to decide... Then took my order and they have some pretty good meals that I need to go back and try...

They have taco Tuesdays and the picture on the tv ad showing the steak tacos looked great... I need to give those a try...

They have $1 wings on Sunday which also looked delicious on the tv promo ad inside...

Plus I see that they have Blue Moon on special on Monday for $3 which my oldest boy likes... He's going to come back here in a while so his dealership buddy can do some maintenance to his car... I can take him there for a few when he comes in....

Last edited:
-
Back