Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So Wednesday I go to one of my local bars to grab lunch and a Pepsi before going out to drive... They just changed their specials and I wanted to try their new grilled ham and cheese with fries for $7 deal...

As I walk in, there are only two people inside the bar; one guy at one end doing some paperwork with his reading glasses on, and Tom one of the regulars is busy on one of the video gambling machines....

I sit down in the middle of the bar and the bartender has her back to me and seems occupied... After a few minutes some people poke their head in from the outside patio and they and the bartender say their happy goodbyes...

So now the bartender is facing me and has her face in her phone, swiping away like Quagmire on Tinder... I sit there for a few more minutes and she doesn't even acknowledge me... No "Hello" or "Can I take your order"... Too busy in her own world to put down the phone notice me....

So I walked out and went to a new local bar that I haven't been to before...

They had a much cuter looking bartender... She gave me a menu as soon as she saw me sitting at the bar and gave me time to decide... Then took my order and they have some pretty good meals that I need to go back and try...

They have taco Tuesdays and the picture on the tv ad showing the steak tacos looked great... I need to give those a try...

They have $1 wings on Sunday which also looked delicious on the tv promo ad inside...

Plus I see that they have Blue Moon on special on Monday for $3 which my oldest boy likes... He's going to come back here in a while so his dealership buddy and do some maintenance to his car... I can take him there for a few when he comes in....

Yup.. Vote with your feet.

It's a free market. Ownership should know that they lost a customer. Tough times to be crapping on patrons (TAKE MY MONEY)

A little family drama down in NC with the ex...

They had let one of their dogs out in their back yard two days ago and it broke through their fence, attacked a neighbor kid and his dog... Luckily the teenage kid doesn't need any stitches, just some cuts... But their dog may have a broken paw...

We'll have to see how this plays out... :popcorn:

Yup.. Vote with your feet.

It's a free market. Ownership should know that they lost a customer. Tough times to be crapping on patrons (TAKE MY MONEY)

Yep...

I went back Wednesday night to their carryout side to get some $0.85 wings... They have a cute young girl their working the counter that is getting to recognize me as a Wednesday Wing regular... I will still go to the carryout side for the Wednesday wing deal, but I'm not going to go to the bar inside...

I asked the girl on the carryout side if the manager was in, but she said that the manager is out till today... I will catch her sometime and let her know about the bad bartender....

They used to have three great bartenders, two of them have just left... The last one only works a couple of days.... One of which is taco Tuesdays... Their beef tacos are not very good, but the chicken ones are decent... But not enough to be a regular on Tuesdays....

The other local bar that I used to be a regular for lunch or take my oldest son to for father and son quality time has dropped their good specials and has new limited lunch only ones, not all day like before...

The new lunch specials there are not that great...

But they do have a good burger now everyday all day long for $4...

But last time I went there about two weeks ago, the fries were terrible... half were overcooked and dry in the middle, the other half were undercooked... I thought about sending them back, but decided to tough it out... They gave me a stomach ache later...

So I'm not going there for a long while....

I did spot another bar and grille on the other side of town the other day that looks like it's worth trying, so I will have two local places to grab a pop and lunch before I go to work...

Ya, not feelin it today. So im gonna do the right thing and keep going. Stuff needs to get done. Aleve this morning, now a couple tylenol.

I did spot another bar and grille on the other side of town the other day that looks like it's worth trying, so I will have two local places to grab a pop and lunch before I go to work...

Rolled in on an Indian restaurant a couple weeks back. It was about 2:10 or 2:15 in the afternoon. I didn't realize that they closed at 2 and then reopened at 5 for dinner. The host was explaining that they were actually closed (there were some diners in the place still so the door had been unlocked). An older woman stuck her head around the corner and rattled something off and the guy said... "We can seat you now". Had a great meal. They didn't rush or give the stink-eye and the owners came out and chatted a bit. They won a repeat customer.

I'm going back there today for lunch.

Local restaurant made the patties thicker on the burgers. Didnt care for them after that. Ordered one the other day, asked it be well done. Ok, much better.

If I can fit it, I might
First, queue @krazykuda

What hood do you have? I changed my tunnel ram to a shorter height one to be able to fit it under the five and a half inch pro stock style scoop. The other three piece tunnel ram needed an eight inch high scoop

Local restaurant made the patties thicker on the burgers. Didnt care for them after that. Ordered one the other day, asked it be well done. Ok, much better.
Order it the way you like it. Nothing wrong with that. My wife doesn't like her baon raw and fatty so she orders it "crisp". I like cheeze on my hash browns but not a half melted slice of Velveeta so I order it with cheese sauce instead. Much better.

Still is. It’s my biggest weakness. I can multitask unlike anyone else, but man my mind doesn’t shut off,

I find this very helpful in that respect:

I find this very helpful in that respect:

Tryptophan and 5-HTP. There you go!

A new member on here has some interesting parts for sale... I'm trying to get some of them from him, one of which is a set of 318 valve covers...

We've been going back and forth in PM for the last few days as I forgot one other item that I was interested in, then the shipping cost he quoted me was for business, and my address is local... Now he says the shipping is 15% more... So that brings the shipping up to $70 for $120 in parts.... A 67 Barracuda tail light assy, a 66 Valiant owners manual, the valve covers, and the alternator brackets...

So today I see that he has the whole 318 for sale and the pictures show the valve covers that I'm trying to buy... If someone wants the engine, who's going to get the valve covers??? He only takes money orders and it will take 4 - 5 days for the money to get to him... If I send him the money order and someone buys the engine, will I get stiffed on the valve covers or will the other guy get stiffed on them???

I'm starting to get cold feet about this and may just let it go...

A new member on here has some interesting parts for sale... I'm trying to get some of them from him, one of which is a set of 318 valve covers...

We've been going back and forth in PM for the last few days as I forgot one other item that I was interested in, then the shipping cost he quoted me was for business, and my address is local... Now he says the shipping is 15% more... So that brings the shipping up to $70 for $120 in parts.... A 67 Barracuda tail light assy, a 66 Valiant owners manual, the valve covers, and the alternator brackets...

So today I see that he has the whole 318 for sale and the pictures show the valve covers that I'm trying to buy... If someone wants the engine, who's going to get the valve covers??? He only takes money orders and it will take 4 - 5 days for the money to get to him... If I send him the money order and someone buys the engine, will I get stiffed on the valve covers or will the other guy get stiffed on them???

I'm starting to get cold feet about this and just let it go...

Keene, NH?

If so, I've had some PM conversations with other members. Seems the gentleman has a fairly large stash of parts cars that he is going through.

Keene, NH?

If so, I've had some PM conversations with other members. Seems the gentleman has a fairly large stash of parts cars that he is going through.

Yes, that's him...

I bought some parts from him already and it went ok...

I sent him a money order with signature required to his PO box and according to the tracking it hasn't been picked up and was supposed to be returned...

He already shipped the parts to me...

I don't know if he picked up and signed for the money order or if it is on the way back to me...

However when dealing with new people that I don't know, I want a signature to prove that they got my money in case there are any disputes... Especially with a new guy on the forum with no history or feedback...

Be careful out there , I sent a member for oil pump , never heard from him again ! Called pay pal and they said your screwed , never send family and friends.

IMG_20220226_112030374.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back