Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Putting a new hei cap on this firebird. Carbon button is chewed right up.the rotor tab is bent up and the tip of it was carving the carbon away. Glad im changing it. The (red) coil cap is getting painted, as a new one is $30. Distributor cap was $31.

That might work as I will be in Indianapolis for the NRA show here in a couple of months
Oh hey,it didn’t occur to me earlier, let me know when you’re in town, we’ll do lunch or even whatever. I get into that show free too, life member and all, went a few years back but not since. It’s actually kind of cool, I’ve been a life member since I was 17. They were doing this deal where if your dad or mom had an NRA life membership already, and you were at least 6 months from hitting 18, you could do a life membership for like 200 bucks. Dad signed me up. Funny thing is, he forgot to tell me, so for 3 years, I was paying my 45 bucks a year or whatever, when I got a call from this member services rep, asking why I was doing that. Anyway, the NRA ended up refunding me for those 3 years AND sent me a whole bunch of swag too

Not a good day. Didnt get much done. Distributor cap/rotor replaced. Ran a few errands and drank coffee. 1 billable hour plus parts.

Christmas came early

8A7FD1EF-AC44-46D6-B51B-95070DA1FC8A.jpeg

So now my immediate boss is starting to be a dick too. It’s gonna be an interesting two weeks. Pretty sure it’s a concerted effort to make me use my pto balance so they don’t have to pay it out. They even asked if I planned to use it.

So now my immediate boss is starting to be a dick too. It’s gonna be an interesting two weeks. Pretty sure it’s a concerted effort to make me use my pto balance so they don’t have to pay it out. They even asked if I planned to use it.
I had seen how the management at my last employer treated people that gave their 2 week notice. So the last couple of weeks before I retired I gathered up and removed all my personal effects from my office and shop. I knew when my pension money would begin so on my predetermined payday I put in my last day, went to the office to get my paycheck, said goodbye to the other dispatcher, and gave my keys to the manager "See ya. I'm outa here. You know where to mail my last check."

-
Back