Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Was supposed to get my crown finished this morning, but dentist is out cause her kid is sick.
Good Morning

Hidey-ho.... A chilly start to the day
Yep. Need to stack firewood downstairs. I dumped several wheelbarrow loads in the Bilco doors Saturday. Cleaned the chimney and stove yesterday, All in great shape except will probably change the door gasket soon, but it's OK to use as-is.

Yep. Need to stack firewood downstairs. I dumped several wheelbarrow loads in the Bilco doors Saturday. Cleaned the chimney and stove yesterday, All in great shape except will probably change the door gasket soon, but it's OK to use as-is.

I'm contemplating a pellet stove. I have a zero clearance gas insert downstairs in the den. Thinking of swapping it for some form of wood burner/ pellet

I'm contemplating a pellet stove. I have a zero clearance gas insert downstairs in the den. Thinking of swapping it for some form of wood burner/ pellet
Do you have a supplier for the pellets? I have heard they are pretty efficient. We have some corn burners around here but the corn market can be as volatile as natural gas. :lol: :lol:

Do you have a supplier for the pellets? I have heard they are pretty efficient. We have some corn burners around here but the corn market can be as volatile as natural gas. :lol: :lol:

Most any hardware or big box around here offers them up by the bag or ton. There are still a lot of outdoor wood- fire furnaces in use around here as well.

Yeah, the fireplace and my stove work off of propane.. $5 a gallon

Is it actually set up to produce heat? A lot of fireplaces don't put much of it in the room... Gas is nice for convenience and clean. Just not the same as a wood fire.

Think it's more like.

-720617660520294277.jpg

I would like a gas insert in my fireplace. Our hearth is so big it just doesn't draw well and the fire is always lazy. The neighbor has a very realistic looking insert that heats his living room well and starts with a remote control.

Last edited:
Morning all you other retirees and working stiffs. Have a wood stove here, have been thinking of looking into a pellet stove. Off to the Dr's office blood pressure is out of whack
and getting winded and wore out when feeding the horses and other chores.

Morning all you other retirees and working stiffs. Have a wood stove here, have been thinking of looking into a pellet stove. Off to the Dr's office blood pressure is out of whack
and getting winded and wore out when feeding the horses and other chores.
Yeah.. my brother just made the switch from wood to pellet... I like the auto-feed and temperature control functionality.

Hope it's nothing crazy and the Doc has answers. Be careful out there!

I would like a gas insert in my fireplace. Our hearth is so big it just doesn't draw well and the fire is always lazy. The neighbor has a very realistic looking insert that heat his living room well and starts with a remote control.
Yup..

It's downstairs... it smells a bit upstairs when it's running... wood smoke smell I'm good with but LP not. I tried a kerosene heater at the cabin once and that was powerful.. phew

20221121_102007.jpg

Yup..

It's downstairs... it smells a bit upstairs when it's running... wood smoke smell I'm good with but LP not. I tried a kerosene heater at the cabin once and that was powerful.. phew
Yep purity order: Natural gas, LP gas, Fuel oil, kerosene, diesel fuel.

Looks like temps are gonna come up a bit. :thumbsup: Probably run a last cut with the mower between tomorrow and Wed. Then off to my son's place for Turkey day. I am working thru Wed night, then off till Monday. Shouldn't be bad though. Lot's of people off all week including my boss. I think there's only gonna be one press running and like 3 or 4 people in the building Wednesday.

Most any hardware or big box around here offers them up by the bag or ton. There are still a lot of outdoor wood- fire furnaces in use around here as well.

Yeah, the fireplace and my stove work off of propane.. $5 a gallon
Speakin' of $5 a gallon. Yesterday was the first time I've bought gas in SoCal for less than $5/gal since March.

Well, im thinking its a go. Threaded a 7/16 nf nut to m12x1.5. I cant see the remains of any of the 7/16 threads. Looks clean. Tried a mag nut and it looks like it will work. And 14” turbines clear caliper. 245/60-14’s think i need to try back wheel fitment next. So far i’m stoked!

63D11127-D351-4D0E-95CD-98A9FD77C064.jpeg

Well, im thinking its a go. Threaded a 7/16 nf nut to m12x1.5. I cant see the remains of any of the 7/16 threads. Looks clean. Tried a mag nut and it looks like it will work. And 14” turbines clear caliper. 245/60-14’s think i need to try back wheel fitment next. So far i’m stoked!

View attachment 1716013440
Those are very similar to the wheels that I had on my 1960 Corvette. I approve

Off road diesel here for $5.85!:BangHead:
That's stupid high.
When I had my farm with older diesel tractors I bought a large oil press and made canola oil and burnt that in all my diesel rigs.
the exhaust smelled like french fries.
had an old Mercedes diesel car that my kids would run around in and ran straight used engine oil in the gas tank .
That didn't smell good but it didn't smoke and ran a couple years before the kids smashed it up.

-
Back