Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning everyone. So. For those who missed my post last night.

So demon is back to hot steering column and now it shifts when I turn. Literally cant hold the column shifter in the detent, it moves with the steering shaft. Think i melted the lower bushing from the header tube? Ans why is it hot? Just drove this 100 miles with no issues, now in the middle of a cuise last night it started axting up. WTF!!
Are you headers wrapped?

Are you headers wrapped?
No and they are really close to that area. I had some off brand header wrap for a while and it gave terrible fiberglass slivers anytime you were near them, so that came off.

Good morning everyone. So. For those who missed my post last night.

So demon is back to hot steering column and now it shifts when I turn. Literally cant hold the column shifter in the detent, it moves with the steering shaft. Think i melted the lower bushing from the header tube? Ans why is it hot? Just drove this 100 miles with no issues, now in the middle of a cuise last night it started axting up. WTF!!
Never seen that happen before.
Would wrapping it with heat tape work?

My favorite was... "The head of your femur looks like it was beat on by a ball peen hammer. Does it hurt?"
I seperated my right shoulder three times in the last 30 years.
It pops and clicks never hurts with all I do but I figure one day it might tell me enough.

"NORMAL" is a relative term...
Oh and never had a scope or surgery on any of them. The first one also included a broken shoulder blade and a partial tear of the rotator cuff a nine month recovery.

Last edited:
I wonder if the lower bushing is sticking to the steering shaft dragging the shifter tube with it?

Yep, the MRI basically says shoulder is trash. Doc asks what the heck did you do to this thing. I respond nothing really just using it, no dramatic injury or anything. Used it on a lot of doors and fellow hockey players tho! It has been a good shoulder, hate to part with it.
Well, then just ask for the old parts back….

Morning all. more rain last night. The humidity is nuts for around here, way to high. Have some drag racing at the track tomorrow night and a Mopar show on Saturday.

So in my area the big dragstrip in the 70s was detroit dragway, super famous and almost mythological now... seems someone recently had a reunion at Milan and some of the cars that came out of mothballs are just amazing to see run... Like the Lee Shepard one..

Well we back to square zero on our house. Still approved by the bank but yet another contractor has backed out on us. 8 months he’s had to do our design and get us anything at all. Hasn’t even started on it despite me calling once a week. So I fired his *** this morning.

No and they are really close to that area. I had some off brand header wrap for a while and it gave terrible fiberglass slivers anytime you were near them, so that came off.
I’ll see if I can find it, but there’s an aluminum heat shield that you can put there and it really helps.

Well we back to square zero on our house. Still approved by the bank but yet another contractor has backed out on us. 8 months he’s had to do our design and get us anything at all. Hasn’t even started on it despite me calling once a week. So I fired his *** this morning.

I've had this happen and it made me think, was the contractor actually "fired" if they never did any work?

I would like to thank my worthy opponent for a well fought contest…

IMG_4784.jpeg

Something like that . LOL. Actually ther was no real tap root. The final straw was that one 3-4 inch root that is upwards in pic. I always figure the total cross section of Root area after the taper point is about equal to the trunk area. So, I can usually guess what is under. The remaining 3 stumps don’t have near as many side roots so I expect they have a significant tap root. i will cut the ones I see at sides and then cut them at ground level.

-
Back