Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hot Rod I looking at. It's been de-badged and the door handles and locks are shaved off too. Anybody have any experience with those electric door poppers?

Hot Rod I looking at. It's been de-badged and the door handles and locks are shaved off too. Anybody have any experience with those electric door poppers?
I have installed them in a 56 Ford truck and easy to do but I never trust them so connected a cable to the latch so the doors could be manually
opened as well.

I have installed them in a 56 Ford truck and easy to do but I never trust them so connected a cable to the latch so the doors could be manually
opened as well.
Kinda leery of the concept myself. Did you hide the cables on the exterior for those emergencies?

Fred? were they operated by a key fob type device? Or a hidden button on the pickup? Only one I ever saw previous had a button hid behind the sideview mirror.

Kinda leery of the concept myself. Did you hide the cables on the exterior for those emergencies?
It had vent windows and had the cable end next to the inside vent and made a thin tool that would slide between the vent and hook the cable.
Also was good in case you got stuck inside the car.
The owner wanted electric windows so I did that also. Would be a real pain to get out of if the battery was dead.

It had vent windows and had the cable end next to the inside vent and made a thin tool that would slide between the vent and hook the cable.
Also was good in case you got stuck inside the car.
The owner wanted electric windows so I did that also. Would be a real pain to get out of if the battery was dead.
It still has window cranks, but interior door handles are gone.

Had them in my old coupe. Had a key fob, and a remote button in case you left the keys inside. Always have a remote cable for if your battery is dead.
Had a lever on the inside to get out.

Ok so that calendars have arrived and I will work on getting them out this week. I had ordered extras but they all went so I placed another order :lol: It’s all good. A few may be delayed by a few days delivery because I’m waiting on the second order to be printed and delivered but it won’t be long at all.

View attachment 1716154214
Awesome sauce!

A little. Usually there is an accessible cable to pop door in the event therr is an electrical failure.
Remote control.

Here is the crap i have to deal with. Needs structural repair.

IMG_5968.jpeg

IMG_5962.jpeg
I think im winning…
The patch covering the big hole was held in place with 50%structural silicone sealant..

Here is the crap i have to deal with. Needs structural repair.

View attachment 1716154445

View attachment 1716154446I think im winning…
The patch covering the big hole was held in place with 50%structural silicone sealant..
All that rust talk reminds me of my trip to Hawaii in 1980. Almost immediately I noticed there were very few mid 60s to mids 70s cars on the streets. I asked a resident about it. "Never see those around. Before '65 some. Or less than 5 years old. Those in between were junked because of the rust." :lol:

-
Back