Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Massive issue or open it up and make a filler piece? And that dog looks beat :)
Latch side moved towards hinge side. I need to cut post away from structure and push it back. Im thinkin porta-power…

Want to bet? I’ve screwed way more than most. Or at least have this uncanny ability to find the worst luck on the planet
I try to keep my fubars to myself sometimes. No point losing my **** over it,lifes too short. That im learning very quickly. As im bearing down on 60 it seems the clock is speeding up and i am slowing down proportionately…

Want to bet? I’ve screwed way more than most. Or at least have this uncanny ability to find the worst luck on the planet
You have no idea how bad my luck is Chris. You're not the only one and you're not alone my friend.

Well if you want to talk about luck I have bad luck and no luck. But my theory in life is to have fun....If something keeps screwing up, drop it and move on and keep smiling. I have no kids so this lifestyle is to keep me happy. And I like it.

You have no idea how bad my luck is Chris. You're not the only one and you're not alone my friend.
Seems maybe we all have bad luck. I know I wear my emotions on my sleeve so to speak where others keep it bottled up. That’s probably skewing my perception of my own luck.

But you know, while I have tons of regrets and wish I could change a lot, if I had to go back in time and was only allowed to change one thing, it honestly would be making sure to turn my ringer on that night in April 2021. Perhaps if I hadn’t missed that first phone call, I could have saved a life and altered the rest of history since for all. Including him. Never knowing if that 1.5 hours would have made a difference or not will forever haunt me. My guess is that it would have. As only 9 minutes passed since I talked to him and EMS arrived to find him dead. Or maybe I should have stayed on the phone with him.

Oh and for what it’s worth, you’ve taught me a lot too. Hell , everyone on this forum has in one way or another. And as probably the youngest of all of us, I truly appreciate it. Wife asks me all the time why Im always on here. I tell her it’s cause I can learn things I didn’t know I wanted to learn… and laugh at the same time.

Latch side moved towards hinge side. I need to cut post away from structure and push it back. Im thinkin porta-power…
you got it, one of those things that once you knock it out you will be all set again.. i have had to redo almost everything i did on my car.. just seem to see a better way after i did it the first time :)

No regrets here I can't change a thing. And if I could not see into the future I probably would still make the same choices. Never look back with regret

Oh and for what it’s worth, you’ve taught me a lot too. Hell , everyone on this forum has in one way or another. And as probably the youngest of all of us, I truly appreciate it. Wife asks me all the time why Im always on here. I tell her it’s cause I can learn things I didn’t know I wanted to learn… and laugh at the same time.
My parents divorced when I was in the second grade so I didn't know a lot of my father but mom remarried and my stepdad came from a farm. We lived on acreages until I graduated from High School and he taught me (us ) so much. I worked next to him constantly and learned what hard work was, animal care, (dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, hogs, and cattle), horticulture (gardening and crop farming) where does it end. I was in 4H and FFA. Teach your kids all you know. Have them by your side to learn. Both of you will have no regrets !

My parents divorced when I was in the second grade so I didn't know a lot of my father but mom remarried and my stepdad came from a farm. We lived on acreages until I graduated from High School and he taught me (us ) so much. I worked next to him constantly and learned what hard work was, animal care, (dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, hogs, and cattle), horticulture (gardening and crop farming) where does it end. I was in 4H and FFA. Teach your kids all you know. Have them by your side to learn. Both of you will have no regrets !
Problem is… I have to learn patience and how to teach too. I’m not good at either

I shouldn't say anything but I had a mean Dad that made us work from dusk to dawn. Many times got my arse kicked and I mean kicked or punched. My dad would talk a couple guys into fighting me and then bet with his buddies as to who would win. And my Mom was worse. I left home early and got married. And at the lowest time of my life when I thought I at least had the love of my life and her support and she walked out with another dude. In 2001 I never felt so alone. But I made up my mind it was not going to beat me. It knocked me to my knees where I started to pray. One of the reasons I had to work until the age of 70. But I am winning. I am comfortable and content. Do I have problems and failures? Absolutely but nothing compares to 2001. I am happy and content and am experiencing a good life

"Oh Canada"

Screenshot_20240523_214443_Brave.jpg

Ive struggled with this very question for a while now. But I think I’ve come to an answer finally.

Really want to know?

It’s about this. The next generation. Passing things that we have learned on to them in hopes they avoid and learn from our own failures while fighting their way through their own as they find them.

Sounds simple, but its really not. Some people think you’re done raising kids when they hit 18 and go off to college the military or whatever. But that’s the furthest from the truth. In fact, if I had to pinpoint it, I’d say I learned more from my grandparents AFTER I turned 18 than I did before. And in the years since they’ve passed on, I’m still finding there are new lessons they are teaching me in their death. Granted, there are things I wish I’d learned from them more when they were alive but I digress

View attachment 1716253666

View attachment 1716253667

View attachment 1716253668

View attachment 1716253669

View attachment 1716253670
I lost my infant son so I had to find another reason to go on.....my only child...

Seems maybe we all have bad luck. I know I wear my emotions on my sleeve so to speak where others keep it bottled up. That’s probably skewing my perception of my own luck.

But you know, while I have tons of regrets and wish I could change a lot, if I had to go back in time and was only allowed to change one thing, it honestly would be making sure to turn my ringer on that night in April 2021. Perhaps if I hadn’t missed that first phone call, I could have saved a life and altered the rest of history since for all. Including him. Never knowing if that 1.5 hours would have made a difference or not will forever haunt me. My guess is that it would have. As only 9 minutes passed since I talked to him and EMS arrived to find him dead. Or maybe I should have stayed on the phone with him.
I had to do CPR on my wife when she had cancer and all 8 of my kids was there watching. If I was alone with her I would have let her die as that's what she wanted but the kids didn't understand. One of those times being an EMT when you wish you didn't know how to do CPR.

I had to do CPR on my wife when she had cancer and all 8 of my kids was there watching. If I was alone with her I would have let her die as that's what she wanted but the kids didn't understand. One of those times being an EMT when you wish you didn't know how to do CPR.
Can't hit like or agree on that Fred. Managing those situations is not good. You did the right thing

I shouldn't say anything but I had a mean Dad that made us work from dusk to dawn. Many times got my arse kicked and I mean kicked or punched. My dad would talk a couple guys into fighting me and then bet with his buddies as to who would win. And my Mom was worse. I left home early and got married. And at the lowest time of my life when I thought I at least had the love of my life and her support and she walked out with another dude. In 2001 I never felt so alone. But I made up my mind it was not going to beat me. It knocked me to my knees where I started to pray. One of the reasons I had to work until the age of 70. But I am winning. I am comfortable and content. Do I have problems and failures? Absolutely but nothing compares to 2001. I am happy and content and am experiencing a good life
Amen Bro.

Sounds like your stepdad was a good man.

-
Back