Stop in for a drink.

-
I would give those neighbors a Christmas card for making the neighborhood smell better.

I am lucky to have a neighbor with a custom fabbed briscuit oven, some kind of other grille and chili roaster on his back porch.

Sure he is a fat guy but we don't judge here
Fat guy? I used to be a fat guy!

Not anymore! :D

62004CC6-F509-4883-9E64-3E63D71D33C1.jpeg

Of course, I’m not a skinny guy either...yet.

My son just showed me something on the internet that was interesting. A woman called the cops on her neighbor for his BBQ in his yard was putting off a smell of cooking meat that annoyed her because she is a vegetarian and she should not have to smell the aroma of cooking flesh.
:wtf: .....

I would line up some dog **** along the fence...

Give her something to smell....

Damn... what happened to my cool pic I was posting with this one?? cant even find it on my phone. Hmmmm should have posted it before the last glass.......wait, Where are my pants? and what happened to Sunday?

There's two things I have to do after a night of drinking...

Find where I left my car, and return the one that I took home.... :steering:

My brother and I learned how to take care of ourselves when our parents divorced in jr high...
I had to learn to cook after my wife died and I had 8 kids at home to look after. And I'm still a rotten cook. lol

Or take me to court because they are vegan and don't like the smell. Bring a platter to share with the judge and jury! Case closed. :rofl:
It’s not meat you smell cooking...it’s just naturally processed vegetable matter converted to a higher protein content.

Wanna smell something bad? Let me throw some cabbage and Brussels sprouts on the grill...while I let loose a giant broccoli fart.

Or take me to court because they are vegan and don't like the smell. Bring a platter to share with the judge and jury! Case closed. :rofl:
As long as you got some horse radish to go with it yea. I'll bring desert and after dinner drinks.

It’s not meat you smell cooking...it’s just naturally processed vegetable matter converted to a higher protein content.

Wanna smell something bad? Let me throw some cabbage and Brussels sprouts on the grill...while I let loose a giant broccoli fart.
Carbon deposits all over the neighbor.
Forget the cabbage though.

20190905_182438.jpg
Not as good as smoked brisket but I actually made a steak tonight that turned out good and so far no antacid. Yet....

Did you see the BBQ protest? Some vegan in a subdivision kept calling 911 to complain every time his neighbors would fire up their grilles all summer long. Finally they had enough and Group of neighbors all banded together, lined the property lines on 3 sides of this dudes house and smoked and grilled all Labor Day weekend long. Dude kept calling cops, when they’d showed up and seen the people were not on the vegans property, they said nothing they could do. After which, they got loaded up with fresh hot BBQ.

Did you see the BBQ protest? Some vegan in a subdivision kept calling 911 to complain every time his neighbors would fire up their grilles all summer long. Finally they had enough and Group of neighbors all banded together, lined the property lines on 3 sides of this dudes house and smoked and grilled all Labor Day weekend long. Dude kept calling cops, when they’d showed up and seen the people were not on the vegans property, they said nothing they could do. After which, they got loaded up with fresh hot BBQ.
Yea that's the one I saw Wish I was there to see it.

Ahhh Smoked brisket. Cheaper per pound than ground beef.

View attachment 1715389899

I wish :mad: Last time I got to hankering a brisket for the smoker, I bought Top Sirloin for HALF what they wanted for the brisket. Like Tri Tips, when I first discovered them here $.99/lbs wasn't unusual at the same time my mother in law went looking for them is San Diego $6.99/lbs. Everywhere but here Tri Tips get ground up for hamburger :rofl:.
1 adult beverage seems to have mellowed the effects of Marlena the Physical Tormentor/therapist, another might do the trick :lol:

I wish :mad: Last time I got to hankering a brisket for the smoker, I bought Top Sirloin for HALF what they wanted for the brisket. Like Tri Tips, when I first discovered them here $.99/lbs wasn't unusual at the same time my mother in law went looking for them is San Diego $6.99/lbs. Everywhere but here Tri Tips get ground up for hamburger :rofl:.
1 adult beverage seems to have mellowed the effects of Marlena the Physical Tormentor/therapist, another might do the trick :lol:
Soak them in whiskey for a few days and then eat them. Num num much better.

When my brats moved to Phx they rented a condo type apartment in a large complex complete with pool, club hose, gym and a communal BBQ/picnic area with gazebo. I took a substantial supply of tri tips down on a visit, some for their freezer, some for immediate consumption. Fired up the gas grill in the BBQ area, seasoned those bad boys up, opened up a few Shiner Bocks and commenced with the cooking. Gas grills are not my favorite, but I have learned how to deal with them. Couple well soaked hunks of favorite hardwood strategically placed fixes them well, don't put the Tri Tips over direct gas heat. After about 30 minutes the brat in law and I noticed the neighbors poking their heads out of the windows and doors like meer cats with their noses to the wind :lol:. Shortly after that a pedestrian progression began to visit. What the Heck and we cut up one for samples/snacks :D

Just bottle 4 gallons of Octoberfest. I have been looking at some winter/holiday beers to brew. Here's some choices:

Wicked Winter Warmer---It's a dark roasted malt and it has 11 shots of whiskey in it. What's not to like.
Yule Like This Ale---------A spicy carmel ale that you add mulling spices to.
Winter Dark Ale-----------Dark ruby colored roasted malt with balanced bitterness. A touch of chocolate taste
Barleys Chocolate Orange Stout--Like the title says and you provide the chocolate, orange, and vodka!
Sticky Wicket--------------Not too seasonal but sounds interesting. Medium dark with pale, caramel, chocolate and roast malts as well as malted oats. Moderately bitter, yet creamy and satisfying.

Lots of choices and I'm not into the recipes yet. LOL

Just bottle 4 gallons of Octoberfest. I have been looking at some winter/holiday beers to brew. Here's some choices:

Wicked Winter Warmer---It's a dark roasted malt and it has 11 shots of whiskey in it. What's not to like.
Yule Like This Ale---------A spicy carmel ale that you add mulling spices to.
Winter Dark Ale-----------Dark ruby colored roasted malt with balanced bitterness. A touch of chocolate taste
Barleys Chocolate Orange Stout--Like the title says and you provide the chocolate, orange, and vodka!
Sticky Wicket--------------Not too seasonal but sounds interesting. Medium dark with pale, caramel, chocolate and roast malts as well as malted oats. Moderately bitter, yet creamy and satisfying.

Lots of choices and I'm not into the recipes yet. LOL
My vote, Sticky Wicket and the obligatory WWW!

My vote, Sticky Wicket and the obligatory WWW!
I just bought 4 more gallons of quart bottles. They sometimes have 1 gallon batches of some of the specialty beers. That would be good for the seasonals.

Last edited:
-
Back