Stop in for a drink.

-
I’m having a few extra tonight. The company I work for released their Phase 2 clinical data and it sucked. The stock tanked and is down 54% now and still sinking. The senior management is freaking out and I just know it is time to find a new job. I lost over $100k in equity and likely more by morning. At least it’s just upside money and not my own investments on the line.

I might still get lunch money out of this before I move on...maybe.

*sigh*...just another day of being a part of this stupid game.

I’m having a few extra tonight. The company I work for released their Phase 2 clinical data and it sucked. The stock tanked and is down 54% now and still sinking. The senior management is freaking out and I just know it is time to find a new job. I lost over $100k in equity and likely more by morning. At least it’s just upside money and not my own investments on the line.

I might still get lunch money out of this before I move on...maybe.

*sigh*...just another day of being a part of this stupid game.

Ayeeee that is a bad day.

Ayeeee that is a bad day.
Well, it was worse than that with other news ...but I’m not going to dwell on it.

Just pick myself up by my bootstraps and keep on moving.

One more beer and off to bed...and then stare stupid in the face tomorrow at work.

I expect to be unemployed by the end of the week, if not sooner.

Well, it was worse than that with other news ...but I’m not going to dwell on it.

Just pick myself up by my bootstraps and keep on moving.

One more beer and off to bed...and then stare stupid in the face tomorrow at work.

I expect to be unemployed by the end of the week, if not sooner.
That sucks Dave.

I’m going with my usual...

5E8A0CAC-DBF3-47F4-B7E6-F6502F7AEDDF.jpeg

Well, time for a few more beers. I lost another $40k in equity yesterday. At least today I gained half of that back so far with today’s prices on the Australian Exchange where the company is listed...but the night is young yet, and the investors are pissed off and finicky.

I have no faith that it will recover much. I might still net some lunch money out of it...maybe.

A bit hard to take after all my hard work for the company to see my equity go from $250k to to $80k in two days. If it goes where I expect it will, my net will be only around $20k. Then shave off taxes and the AUD/USD exchange rate...and it’s lunch money. Less than 5% of what it was worth and barely enough to buy a badly used car.

*sigh* Time for another beer.

Man, that sucks. But, I have to admire your attitude. In the end, all any if us can do is pick ourselves up and slog on through it, knowing that God only wants the best for any of us. Usually hard to discern what that "best" is, but I have been blessed to see it transpire time after time. Hang in there, my friend.

Having a few CEGs and watching the Ant and the Aardvark. Silly old cartoons, but just the mindless lighthearted humor I crave after this week. Cheers!

D7496ACB-629D-45D1-9D87-16C0DF629434.jpeg

Cheers Dave
Thanks. The idiots at work are still sending me emails, even at this hour. They have no understanding of the science and technology and in their ignorant arrogance, are still trying to speculate and drive technological evaluation of things they don’t understand.

It’s about the same as working on an engine with an ignition problem and having a bunch of fools crowded around you making constant stupid suggestions like “Maybe the tire pressure is low.” :BangHead:

Thanks. The idiots at work are still sending me emails, even at this hour. They have no understanding of the science and technology and in their ignorant arrogance, are still trying to speculate and drive technological evaluation of things they don’t understand.

It’s about the same as working on an engine with an ignition problem and having a bunch of fools crowded around you making constant stupid suggestions like “Maybe the tire pressure is low.” :BangHead:
That sucks. Lot of that going on nowadays.

"Check the muffler bearing again." :BangHead:

7C431B99-5436-4996-ABB9-B4BCB82A07B8.jpeg
Grillin’ some sausages and have some ipa’s. Taking advantage of some decent weather before the snow!
19F85687-E722-48EC-9528-8BFF4C1D456D.jpeg

Had my GTS out today on a good long cruise. Also did a nice launch burnout with my foot only half way into it. :D

1D80BD8C-5995-4CB3-ADA8-F69D8652E568.jpeg

She is running great and I would have stayed out all day if the rain hadn’t started.

Having a few cold beers now and enjoying the warm engine smell of oil and gas in the garage punctuated by the odor of burned rubber.

Been outside working in the yard since 11. Got 2 lawn's mowed, I bagged mine and hauled a pick up load of leaves to the yard waste recycling center and pulled 6 dead bushes, trimmed a lilac and pulled some annual flowers and took them all out to recycle as well. It has only been the mid 30's here and spitting some snow off and on. I had 4 layers on top and gloves and I am still cold! Time for a little warm-me-up. I think a few shots of Mellow Corn is in order. It warms you up! Cheers.

20190629_194644.jpg

Long day at work. Time for a cold beer.

Called the CFO and explained that if I don’t get paid by the end of the week, all work stops until I do. He was profusely apologetic and promised that I would be. I then told him that their words no longer carried any weight...only actions. I could hear the chill come over him as he realized that I am totally serious and not playing games.

We will see.

-
Back