Stop in for a drink.

-
Tried these tonight. Not a big fan of peated scotches. The 16 year was light years ahead. It was a $120 bottle.

View attachment 1715440160
To each his own. I know some folks who rave about Lagavulen. To me, i could pull a charred brick from my fireplace, boil it in a pot of water, add some everclear and there it'd be...Lagavulen.

Quite a few "Bottled in Bond" on the list. I have sampled most of them. Buffalo Trace would be my #1 with a Old Grand Dad running a close second.
Yep. I am always surprise that Jim Beam doesn’t make the list. I always liked it and it was my favorite to sip while sitting by the fire when camping.

Yep. I am always surprise that Jim Beam doesn’t make the list. I always liked it and it was my favorite to sip while sitting by the fire when camping.
my choice when I do drink bourbon, cost and taste work well for me

This review of Jim Beam sums it up nicely I think...

“Jim Beam comes in a squared bottle with a label design that reminds me of nothing quite so much as the kind of thing I might find in the trunk of a 1960s muscle car. The whiskey is aged for four years, and bottled at 80 proof (40% alcohol).

In the glass, the whiskey has the mid-amber coloring of the stereotypical bourbon. In the main, the nose is like a thin, sweet vanilla syrup with some mild oaky notes. While not complex, it is not altogether dull either. On the palate, the flavor continues as a sweet syrup of caramel and vanilla, with just a touch of rye spice. The finish is sweet, but not especially long or deep. Basically, Jim Beam looks, smells, and tastes like a youngster, which is exactly what it is.

Whiskey like Jim Beam Original is desirable mostly because of its low price and flexibility. The bourbon serves as a good foundation for mixed drinks, and isn’t ruined by ice, but at the same time works well enough neat in a tumbler or snifter.”

Cheers to all my fellow friends here tonight
Bud lite with a double JB on ice

20191205_135218.jpg

20191221_122311.jpg
20191221_122507.jpg
One of my boys flew his air plane to my house today landed it on the road and brought it in my yard so we can paint it.
Hell of a day time for a drink. lol

Cheers FABO Friends! Sipping a little Mellow Corn and listening to Chuck Berry "Run Run Rudolph" via Alexa. My sister and family stopped by at 5 expecting Christmas. No! Not until tomorrow! :BangHead: I needed a nip after all of that. Good they only live a mile away in town. :lol::lol:

20190629_194644.jpg

Cheers FABO Friends! Sipping a little Mellow Corn and listening to Chuck Berry "Run Run Rudolph" via Alexa. My sister and family stopped by at 5 expecting Christmas. No! Not until tomorrow! :BangHead: I needed a nip after all of that. Good they only live a mile away in town. :lol::lol:

View attachment 1715440986
I here ya buddy nip hardy.

I think it's time for another. I can't find any bread machine mixes anywhere in town so I looked up on the internet and made my own. I have a modified wheat bread recipe raising in the machine. Smells like heaven. I think it's time for another toddy. Holiday cheers to you all!

I think it's time for another. I can't find any bread machine mixes anywhere in town so I looked up on the internet and made my own. I have a modified wheat bread recipe raising in the machine. Smells like heaven. I think it's time for another toddy. Holiday cheers to you all!
You as well Mike enjoy the Holiday's.

It’s Christmas Eve and time for a few adult beverages enjoying time with family and friends.

745EA604-DA67-4000-9D81-D810095AC8F5.jpeg

Santa will be on my roof tonight and will find out if I was naughty or nice.
download (1).jpg

Having a few cold beers here tonight while waiting for the homemade lasagna to come out of the oven.

I didn't know Tin Cup came in giant economy sized bottles. I'll struggle through it all though. Merry Christmas!

20191225_164225.jpg

Lasagna is done! This an 8 lb tradional recipe given to my Mother by a close first generation Italian friend of our family over 50 years ago. It was a recipe held in her family for over 3 generations before she shared it with us.

1 lb of beef, 1 lb of sweet Italian sausage, 1 lb of mozzarella, 1 lb of ricotta, 1 lb of parmesean cheese, 1 lb of pasta and 2 lbs of homemade tomato sauce with garlic, onions and herbs.

This lasagna won’t just stick to your ribs...it will anchor you to the bottom!

E6826795-DCD5-4A79-B26D-4020A98D1543.jpeg

Lasagna is done! This an 8 lb tradional recipe given to my Mother by a close first generation Italian friend of our family over 50 years ago. It was a recipe held in her family for over 3 generations before she shared it with us.

1 lb of beef, 1 lb of sweet Italian sausage, 1 lb of mozzarella, 1 lb of ricotta, 1 lb of parmesean cheese, 1 lb of pasta and 2 lbs of homemade tomato sauce with garlic, onions and herbs.

This lasagna won’t just stick to your ribs...it will anchor you to the bottom!

View attachment 1715442835

Food ****, dammit !

-
Back