Stop in for a drink.

-
Hey Dave. That's good news for sure. I wish you much success!
Thanks, me and my team are really excited at how it’s going so far!

I am still getting used to having the title of founder and CEO.

Fun and interesting times for sure!

Good evening folks. I have been quite busy for a while now getting my new company going.

Well, I should say family of Companies. What started as one, has now become three. The first one became live today with the legal entity established. The other two will be live in the next few weeks. We have already booked close to $1 million in contracts for the first one and we are just getting out of the gate. It is an exciting time!

I got my second Covid Vaccine shot last week and it kicked my butt for a few days with side effects...but I am past it now and feeling 100% again.

Having a few cold beers this nice evening and enjoying life...I hope you are all doing well!

Cheers!
Cheers David hope the best for you and your family and yes I'm doing great.

Recommendation request... My daughter is treating me to a bottle of my choice for Fathers Day. "Something better that I would not normally get for myself" Needs to be available in PA. $50-100.
Looking for a nice sipping bourbon that's good neat...

Father's Day feast
fdm1.jpg
fdm2.jpg
fdm3.jpg
Fillet Mignon, Linguica, Hot Dogs for the granbrats, corn on the cob on the pit also.
th?id=OIP.jpg
for the chef and assistant.
I had planned on Tri Tip
3d642c500d3981c3f9141b4372b3f1d8.png

The choice was so limited and the Tri Tips were freakishly huge, like 6 lbs. Normal is 1 1/2- 2 1/2 lbs. each. For the extra $1/lbs. I went for the Fillets. :thumbsup:.

Recommendation request... My daughter is treating me to a bottle of my choice for Fathers Day. "Something better that I would not normally get for myself" Needs to be available in PA. $50-100.
What a sweet daughter you have. I think Toolman would have the right choice of Bourbons to choose from.

Father's Day feastView attachment 1715755054 View attachment 1715755055 View attachment 1715755056 Fillet Mignon, Linguica, Hot Dogs for the granbrats, corn on the cob on the pit also. View attachment 1715755057 for the chef and assistant.
I had planned on Tri Tip View attachment 1715755058
The choice was so limited and the Tri Tips were freakishly huge, like 6 lbs. Normal is 1 1/2- 2 1/2 lbs. each. For the extra $1/lbs. I went for the Fillets. :thumbsup:.
Good choice looks fantastic.

Uncle Nearest, 4 Roses single barrel. Rabbit Hole Dareinger is very nice. Finished in a sherry cask. If you aren't a fan of bold flavors steer away from the barrel strength bourbons. 110 poof+ They are a lot of fun but you need the palate for them. I like around the 100 proof range and I find a lot of $30-$50 bottled in bond spirits. (100 proof)

A Bookers straight 126 proof comes up for $85
Bookers is a nice collectors bottle in a box with a slide cover. It is released a few times a year and is a blend of 5 or 6 bourbons from different floors of different warehouses. They include a card that tells you where they came from and the percentage they use. Very tasty and fun as well. 2021-02 is the latest release. The 2020-03 is stellar!

booker.jpg

A Bookers straight 126 proof comes up for $85
"One of the few uncut, unfiltered Bourbons. Dilute with mineral water at two parts whiskey to one part water. Iced tea color. Potent, heady, spirity bouquet leaps from the glass in fiery, sweet, tangy notes; inhale in small doses. On the palate, Booker's offers high flying flavors of wood, smoke and wine at entry; mid palate is sweet and corny. Memorable finish has tastes of fruit and nuts. A swashbuckling Bourbon that requires a whip and a chair."
Sounds a bit wild for me. Lol

Do you like bourbon or rye? Just curious. You know, for a nice smooth rye, I like Rittenhouse. It's mid $30 range and smooth and quite complicated when you let it breathe. It is my "daily driver" rye. I always have a couple bottles on the shelf. It's a good "backyard Bourbon" if you catch my drift.

Do you like bourbon or rye? Just curious. You know, for a nice smooth rye, I like Rittenhouse. It's mid $30 range and smooth and quite complicated when you let it breathe. It is my "daily driver" rye. I always have a couple bottles on the shelf. It's a good "backyard Bourbon" if you catch my drift.
Haven’t tried much rye. I think of the bourbons I tried recently, 1792 is my favorite. Woodford double oaked also. Have Elijah Craig now. Good, but….

What do you think of Jeffersons? I hink PA has a few from them. Was it you or someone else in your group that was not impressed with their ‘Ocean’

Haven’t tried much rye. I think of the bourbons I tried recently, 1792 is my favorite. Woodford double oaked also. Have Elijah Craig now. Good, but….
All good choices. I got a bottle of EC rye at our whiskey tasting club and it was very nice although we did a side-by-side tasting with the Rittenhouse and the Rit was the winner. Same distillery and very close mash bill. (recipe)

What do you think of Jeffersons? I hink PA has a few from them. Was it you or someone else in your group that was not impressed with their ‘Ocean’
I haven't tasted the Jeffersons. I have heard the Ocean is more hype than flavor.

So I totally echo TMM sentiment, you can spend a bunch of money on the “hot” bourbons 110 plus proof but like TMM I like mine in the 90 proof range. Unlike TMM I do not like the Ryes, but if you do he has steered you in the right direction. I myself prefer a single malt or a bourbon over a rye. Let us know what direction you are thinking and we can provide some more focused direction. The single malts like Ryes span the spectrum from Smokey peat to not. Your choices in Bourbon may be a bit more available. TMM has forgot more than I know about Bourbons or Ryes.

So I totally echo TMM sentiment, you can spend a bunch of money on the “hot” bourbons 110 plus proof but like TMM I like mine in the 90 proof range. Unlike TMM I do not like the Ryes, but if you do he has steered you in the right direction. I myself prefer a single malt or a bourbon over a rye. Let us know what direction you are thinking and we can provide some more focused direction. The single malts like Ryes span the spectrum from Smokey peat to not. Your choices in Bourbon may be a bit more available. TMM has forgot more than I know about Bourbons or Ryes.
Definitely looking for a 'better' bourbon - not a hotter one. LOL. Maybe grab some of that Rittenhouse rye while I'm there if they have it. Just looked - only Rittenhouse PA is showing is a 4yr 100proof... $28

-
Back