Stop in for a drink.

-
In looking at the tasters box picture it appears very cluttered. Super poor photography. I will be more aware of back ground moving forward. That is just my main bench so everything lands there. TMM a long time ago took a picture of a glass on his wood table with light shining thru the back, really accenting the color of the spirit, I have zero recollection of what was in the glass. But the picture was stunning from a shade and color standpoint. I wish I had saved it. You still got that one TMM? You may not remember it but it was hues of gold in the sunlight? Just a most excellent photo. On your kitchen table (maybe) with the light shining thru the glass. Solid gold man solid gold
Oh, I have another that's kind of fun.

Willett.jpg

Up to 75 now.
Think I have about 5 bottles of good stuff so far. Been looking at a bottle of Italian whiskey at the local liquor store but is $155 bucks and I need to get a picture of it and send to you for your approval. I don't want to spend that much on a bottle if it is not worth it but I am at the point of I can't resist it. You know I'm Italian and hopping we make a damn good whiskey.

A quite warm and humid evening here with 3 more days of nasty heat and humidity to come. I was thinking today about the days when I was a kid spending Summers on Lake Thompson in Maine at my parent’s cabin on the lake. So I created this image from my memories. If you have seen the movie “On Golden Pond”, it was very much like that.

I am just hanging out on the deck tonight grilling some food and having some cold beer in the sultry air. Cheers!

8A2309C0-E8BB-47B2-BBA6-C5563AA2F070.jpeg

A quite warm and humid evening here with 3 more days of nasty heat and humidity to come. I was thinking today about the days when I was a kid spending Summers on Lake Thompson in Maine at my parent’s cabin on the lake. So I created this image from my memories. If you have seen the movie “On Golden Pond”, it was very much like that.

I am just hanging out on the deck tonight grilling some food and having some cold beer in the sultry air. Cheers!

View attachment 1715757133
68* here and a nice day, On Golden Pond brings back good memories.

My only day off was Sunday when the 'state store' is closed. Too hot to do much today, so decided to go shopping. My Fathers day gift instruction were to get something I normally wouldn't, so... I did get a Jefferson, which I likely would have tried soon anyway. In addition I brought home a Scotch and a rye... Not even gonna sniff ‘em yet. Would be too tempting on a work day. :rolleyes:

19F43EB4-3A5E-4A41-9BCC-12BD0291820C.jpeg

My only day off was Sunday when the 'state store' is closed. Too hot to do much today, so decided to go shopping. My Fathers day gift instruction were to get something I normally wouldn't, so... I did get a Jefferson, which I likely would have tried soon anyway. In addition I brought home a Scotch and a rye... Not even gonna sniff ‘em yet. Would be too tempting on a work day. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1715757817
Looks like fun there. I need to get a Woodford Rye. I have a bourbon and the double oaked bottle. I have never tried the Jefferson's and the Glen 12 is always a good one.

Decided to break open the rye first. Was thinking I should have let it sit and remembering you guys mentioning the 'neck pour'. But the Woodford bottle really has no neck! So why wait? :lol:I'm really not sure I ever tried rye straight. I REALLY like this. I can taste the 'edge' I have heard others describe from the rye. Different than the bite of just a high alcohol level. But this is smooth. Not going to try identifying flavors, but very tasty IMHO. Definitely something I can enjoy sipping neat.

Decided to break open the rye first. Was thinking I should have let it sit and remembering you guys mentioning the 'neck pour'. But the Woodford bottle really has no neck! So why wait? :lol:I'm really not sure I ever tried rye straight. I REALLY like this. I can taste the 'edge' I have heard others describe from the rye. Different than the bite of just a high alcohol level. But this is smooth. Not going to try identifying flavors, but very tasty IMHO. Definitely something I can enjoy sipping neat.
You are on your way. Cheers.

Ted and I went on a search and rescue mission. I am more excited about the box. :rofl:

20210702_160911.jpg

20210702_161015.jpg

20210702_161006.jpg

You are out of control Bossman! See ya in August. It is super
Hot up here today so I grabbed some Gatorade, darned if the vodka didn’t jump right in it.
Nice. I almost bought another handle of Wheatley Vodka. It was around $22

Good evening folks, it’s a nice cool 76* here now that the rains have moved off and it’s drying out with the dew point at 61*. Tomorrow looks to be a really nice day and Sunday too.

I’ve been quite busy with getting the new companies up and running and the business contracts have been coming in almost faster than we can keep up with them. We have been absolutely swamped with opportunities!

Now it’s time for the team and I to take a well earned break and enjoy a long weekend with our respective families and friends. I am spending this fine evening grilling some food out on the deck with my wife and daughter. Cold beer in hand for me of course!

Cheers all, I hope you all have a great Fourth of July weekend!

20210704_144410.jpg
Kids bought me a glass of sparkly to enjoy tonight.
Happy 4th all and remember what freedom is, or was just depends on how you define it in today's terms.

The fireworks began early here this weekend.

We had some strong thunderstorms on Saturday and the neighbors house 3 doors down was struck by lightning. It hit the top corner of his house where the flood light is mounted. Blew out half his electrical system and fragged most of the appliances including TV, computer, modem, fridge and alarm system. Thankfully, the AC system is still operational.

The fire department was there for 2 hours making sure there wasn’t a fire smoldering in the walls or attic. This evening, he and his wife are here enjoying some grilled food and cold adult beverages...and some TV time too.

He got lucky, I told him that he needs to buy a lotto ticket!

No light beer here...Trying something from a nearby brewer _Aldus. Revival -Bourbon barrel aged Red Rye Ale. Very tasty, a bit sweet. Only 8%ABV, so not as potent as most Imp stouts, but so much flavor…. A great sipper. Not something to wash your sandwich down with.

9C6B45E4-5448-4022-9EA6-8DCA8818EED9.jpeg

Last edited:
I entered and alphabetized my bottle list. This should be a safe place to save it. LOL

4 Roses Single Barrel
Balcones Baby Blue
Blanton's
Blaum Brothers Hellfire Vodka
Blaum Brothers Rye
Bookers 2020-03
Bookers 2021-01
Bookers 2021-02
Bourbon Cream
Buffalo Trace
Buffalo Trace BP
Buffalo Trace White Dog Mash #1
Buffalo Trace White Dog Rye Mash
Bulleit Bourbon
Cedar Ridge Quintessential
Cedar Ridge Wheat
Clyde Mays Bourbon
Corsair Dark Rye
Driftless Glen BP
Driftless Glen Small Batch Barrel Pick
Eagle Rare
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Elijah Craig Straight Rye
Evan Williams 1783 Single Barrel
Ezra Brooks 99
George Dickel Small Batch
George Dickel Sour Mash BP
George Remus
Glen Fargo
Glen Moray Cab Cask
Harmony Spirits Bourbon
High West Double Rye
Iowa legendary Rye
Jack Daniels Small Batch BP
James E Pepper 1776
Jim Beam Pre Prohibition Rye
Knob Creek Bourbon BP
Knob Creek Small Batch BP
Larceny 1870
Makers Mark 46
Makers Mark Cask Strength
Michter's Bourbon
Michter's Rye
Michter's Sour Mash
Michter's Straight Rye Old Tub Unfiltered
Midnight Ritual
Monkey Shoulders
Nelsons Greenbrier Sour Mash
Old Elk 5 Year BP
Old Forrester 1920
Old Grand Dad BIB
Old overholt BIB
Old Pepper Single Barrel BP
Pikesville Rye
Powers Irish Whiskey
Powers Irish Whiskey
Rabbit Hole Dareringer
Rabbit Hole Rye
Rebel BP
Redemption Rye
Rich and Rare Reserve
Rittenhouse Rye BIB
Sazerac Rye
Starlight Single Barrel BP
Templeton Rye
Tin Cup Rye
Tin Cup Whiskey
Uncle Nearest 1856
Very Old Barton
Very Old Barton 1.75
Weller Special Reserve
West Bottoms Whiskey
Wheatley Vodka
Wheatley Vodka 1.75L
Wild Turkey 101
Willett Pot Still
Woodford Reserve Double Oak
Woodford Reserve Rye
Yellowstone Bourbon

I entered and alphabetized my bottle list. This should be a safe place to save it. LOL

4 Roses Single Barrel
Balcones Baby Blue
Blanton's
Blaum Brothers Rye
Bookers 2020-03
Bookers 2021-01
Bookers 2021-02
Bourbon Cream
Buffalo Trace
Buffalo Trace BP
Bulleit Bourbon
Cedar Ridge Wheat
Clyde Mays Bourbon
Corsair Dark Rye
Driftless Glen BP
Eagle Rare
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Ezra Brooks 99
George Remus
Glen Fargo
Glen Moray Cab Cask
Harmony Spirits Bourbon
High West Double Rye
Iowa legendary Rye
James E Pepper 1776
Knob Creek Bourbon BP
Larceny 1870
Makers Mark 46
Michter's Bourbon
Michter's Rye
Michter's Sour Mash
Midnight Ritual
Monkey Shoulders
Old Elk 5 Year BP
Old Forrester 1920
Old Grand Dad BIB
Old overholt BIB
Pikesville Rye
Powers Irish Whiskey
Powers Irish Whiskey
Rabbit Hole Dareringer
Rabbit Hole Rye
Rebel BP
Redemption Rye
Rich and Rare Reserve
Rittenhouse Rye BIB
Sazerac Rye
Templeton Rye
Tin Cup Rye
Tin Cup Whiskey
Uncle Nearest 1856
Very Old Barton
Very Old Barton 1.75
Weller Special Reserve
West Bottoms Whiskey
Wheatley Vodka
Wheatley Vodka 1.75L
Wild Turkey 101
Willett Pot Still
Woodford Reserve Rye
Yellowstone Bourbon
Holy crap looks like a tasting party at Toolmans. Lol

4 Roses Single Barrel
Balcones Baby Blue
Blanton's
Blaum Brothers Rye
Bookers 2020-03
Bookers 2021-01
Bookers 2021-02
Bourbon Cream
Buffalo Trace
Buffalo Trace BP
Bulleit Bourbon
Cedar Ridge Wheat
Clyde Mays Bourbon
Corsair Dark Rye
Driftless Glen BP
Eagle Rare
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Ezra Brooks 99
George Remus
Glen Fargo
Glen Moray Cab Cask
Harmony Spirits Bourbon
High West Double Rye
Iowa legendary Rye
James E Pepper 1776
Knob Creek Bourbon BP
Larceny 1870
Makers Mark 46
Michter's Bourbon
Michter's Rye
Michter's Sour Mash
Midnight Ritual
Monkey Shoulders
Old Elk 5 Year BP
Old Forrester 1920
Old Grand Dad BIB
Old overholt BIB
Pikesville Rye
Powers Irish Whiskey
Powers Irish Whiskey
Rabbit Hole Dareringer
Rabbit Hole Rye
Rebel BP
Redemption Rye
Rich and Rare Reserve
Rittenhouse Rye BIB
Sazerac Rye
Templeton Rye
Tin Cup Rye
Tin Cup Whiskey
Uncle Nearest 1856
Very Old Barton
Very Old Barton 1.75
Weller Special Reserve
West Bottoms Whiskey
Wheatley Vodka
Wheatley Vodka 1.75L
Wild Turkey 101
Willett Pot Still
Woodford Reserve Rye
Yellowstone Bourbon
Holy crap

I am just now catching up, not sure why, but I did not get any alerts this thread was being posted on. Oh well. It has been quite hot up here, ok not compared to most but for us 90 is hot! So if your Gatorade freezes when you toss it in the freezer you know ya did not add enough vodka!

-
Back