Stop in for a drink.

-
Heading to Washington State with my son and his small plane in the morning and thought it be best to have a toast with you guys tonight. Everyone has been real quite on this page so I thought I'd wake it up and warn you guys I'm flying West from North Dakota and if you see this plane on the ground at your local air port please stop over and say hi. Cheers!
20200710_210932.jpg

I stopped at one of my local stores checking on a barrel pick of Eagle Rare. Not in yet but they happened to have one bottle of:

20210819_193725.jpg

@Sublime one , thanks so very much for the Crooked Furrow. Travis and I just had to sample it. As you can tell it's very good, past the neck and into the shoulders. LOL We enjoyed it very much. So smooth.. To Ted's next for more sampling.

20210823_102700.jpg

Heading to Washington State with my son and his small plane in the morning and thought it be best to have a toast with you guys tonight. Everyone has been real quite on this page so I thought I'd wake it up and warn you guys I'm flying West from North Dakota and if you see this plane on the ground at your local air port please stop over and say hi. Cheers!View attachment 1715783286
Travel safe Fred and tell your boy hello for me. And remember land on pavement not a field!

Man that brings some memories back for sure. We lived at the foot of Mt Rainer in a little town called Graham. Right by the back gates to Ft Lewis. And that bridge evokes all kind of memories as well. If any of you guys get curious Google galloping bridge over Puget Sound. There is some crazy footage of the bridge moving around, and I mean seriously moving. Thanks Fred

Not sure why it took me this long to find this thread...

Busy day exasperated by moving boxes everywhere and losing track of my glasses in the chaos.

Drinks on the deck and all is once again in balance

Peace

Not sure why it took me this long to find this thread...

Busy day exasperated by moving boxes everywhere and losing track of my glasses in the chaos.

Drinks on the deck and all is once again in balance

Peace
We hide in obscurity and laugh all the way to the bar! Like many threads, it is compromised of a lot of like minded creatures. In fact many of us have visited each other’s shops and swilled the owners whiskey! Some on here will even try and bribe your guard dog! I am sipping a nice 15 year old single malt this evening. Nothing flashy. Just plain yummy!

Here ya go Fred! Thinking about when you taxied the plane down Main Street, ripped the wings off and painted it in your shop! That was classic! Don’t ask me how I went from single malt to Bourbon! Just seemed like the thing to do this evening.

C9593F52-A035-49AA-A032-AE202DF65FCC.jpeg

We hide in obscurity and laugh all the way to the bar! Like many threads, it is compromised of a lot of like minded creatures. In fact many of us have visited each other’s shops and swilled the owners whiskey! Some on here will even try and bribe your guard dog! I am sipping a nice 15 year old single malt this evening. Nothing flashy. Just plain yummy!

My people!!

Here ya go Fred! Thinking about when you taxied the plane down Main Street, ripped the wings off and painted it in your shop! That was classic! Don’t ask me how I went from single malt to Bourbon! Just seemed like the thing to do this evening.

View attachment 1715785586
In Oak Horbor with my in laws sipping some whiskey. Wish you were here buddy.

I brought this bottle upstairs. Might as well drink it. Ted and I didn't like the neck pour but it has changed for the better. Beautiful dark mahogany color with average legs. It's a single barrel barrel strength. It says it's only 1 year old but I imagine it was finished in a small barrel which could make it like a 3 or 4 year old. Harmony Spirits from Harmony Mn. It is a little hot for a 113 proof and drinks like one. Probably because of it's young age. A little light oak and caramel on the nose. Some sweet and corn as well. Sweet taste with Rye spice right off the bat. Black pepper, clove, cinnamon. Even a little nutty like more hazelnut or pecan. A hint of dark fruit like plumb or prune The finish is fairly long with a oaky taste. a tingle on the tongue and side of your mouth. Probably the 113 proof finishing off. All in all a nice sipper. But watch it, it will set you back. Damn, I poured too much. Naw!

20210824_183818.jpg

I brought this bottle upstairs. Might as well drink it. Ted and I didn't like the neck pour but it has changed for the better. Beautiful dark mahogany color with average legs. It's a single barrel barrel strength. It says it's only 1 year old but I imagine it was finished in a small barrel which could make it like a 3 or 4 year old. Harmony Spirits from Harmony Mn. It is a little hot for a 113 proof and drinks like one. A little light oak and caramel on the nose. Some sweet and corn as well. Sweet taste with Rye spice right off the bat. Black pepper, clove, cinnamon. Even a little nutty like more hazelnut or pecan. A hint of dark fruit like plumb or prune The finish is fairly long with a oaky taste. a tingle on the tongue and side of your mouth. Probably the 113 proof finishing off. All in all a nice sipper. But watch it, it will set you back. Damn, I poured too much. Naw!

View attachment 1715786050

Never!

Salute

20210824_194252.jpg

I have a new treat to taste in the truck, just returned from Mother's house and her 90th B'day. I bought it for her but found out she has an issue with the base of this particular liquer.
th?id=OIP.jpg
Something in bourbon gives her an instant headache much like something in Badweiser does to me. So she sent the Buffalo Trace home with me :D

I have a new treat to taste in the truck, just returned from Mother's house and her 90th B'day. I bought it for her but found out she has an issue with the base of this particular liquer. View attachment 1715786068 Something in bourbon gives her an instant headache much like something in Badweiser does to me. So she sent the Buffalo Trace home with me :D
That's good. Half and half with root beer is a treat.

-
Back