Stop in for a drink.

-
I have experienced something similar. My brother and sister teamed to have my mother change her will when she was NOT of sound mind and body. It was no big deal with me. I knew what they were doing. I enjoyed my mother's company the last few months of her life.
I haven't spoken to my brother and sister since (12 years) and have NO regrets. Of course they haven't bothered to contact me either.
Your right life is to short!!

I explained to my wife regarding this BS with my sister that the reason that WWII soldiers never talked about what they went through was because they experienced the pain of it once...and never wanted to waste their emotional energy on reliving it again. Once was enough.

You are right, that is the dark side and you shouldn’t be anywhere near it. Send it here and I will help keep you safely away from it!

:lol:
Its the wife's step child and that would be a big NO. We had it at a show last year and an older man started talking to me about how I'd found the car. The wife was sitting there reading a book. I explained saying I was at the right place at the right time. He smiled and said well maybe today is my right place and right time. My wife not looking up gave a loud "No". The man replied I'm willing to pay a very reasonable price, I want the car. My wife put down her book, looked him in the eye and replied "I said No and its No". I looked at him and replied I guess that's a No. :lol: She opened her book and continued to read.

Its the wife's step child and that would be a big NO. We had it at a show last year and an older man started talking to me about how I'd found the car. The wife was sitting there reading a book. I explained saying I was at the right place at the right time. He smiled and said well maybe today is my right place and right time. My wife not looking up gave a loud "No". The man replied I'm willing to pay a very reasonable price, I want the car. My wife put down her book, looked him in the eye and replied "I said No and its No". I looked at him and replied I guess that's a No. :lol: She opened her book and continued to read.
Soooo...it’s a maybe then?

My stupid lawn service guy just texted me. He hasn’t cut my lawn yet this year and it is getting tall. I called him 2 days ago asking why and said call me back. He wimped out with a text.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I sent out a letter saying I wasn’t going to be doing lawns this year, just landscaping. Sorry that you didn’t get it.”

Jeez, what an idiot. Now I have to find another lawn service while I can still find the front door to my house. Muzzer flanker! :BangHead:

My stupid lawn service guy just texted me. He hasn’t cut my lawn yet this year and it is getting tall. I called him 2 days ago asking why and said call me back. He wimped out with a text.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I sent out a letter saying I wasn’t going to be doing lawns this year, just landscaping. Sorry that you didn’t get it.”

Jeez, what an idiot. Now I have to find another lawn service while I can still find the front door to my house. Muzzer flanker! :BangHead:

That will get him a ton of future recommendations :rofl: I'm sure

Oh yeah...I will give him recommendations...to stay the hell away from.
Soooo, He will be making shrubbery sculptures in your yard?
EtMjVlZC00ZTg2LWIwNjYtZjg5M2RhMGRkZDk5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,958_AL_.jpg

I spent the weekend cleaning up the back yard. Truth be told it was long over due.

This is what happens when you dont listen to your lady and slack on the yard for a year or two.....

:rofl:

You have to use the sawzall to cut the weeds....

20190428_132025_zpsfjdhkcih.jpg

So what, my dog enjoys chasing rats through tunnels in the bush. Maybe he spent to much time with my grandpa?

The lawn saga continued through 3 other services who said they couldn’t take any new customers. One of which is the service that does my neighbors lawn that adjoins mine. He has already got his equipment off the truck and mowing to the edge of my grass anyway but said it would be too much additional time to mow my lawn too. WTF? That’s just stupid. He would only have to go 20 yards further than he is already going!

I finally got a guy to come out today that I hired. I told him about the guy doing next door refusing to do my lawn too. He just laughed out loud, and said “That guy is an idiot! It’s the perfect scenario being already working one property and getting the next door one too!”

The lawn saga gets even stupider.

I was outside about 6 pm and the guy who I used to use and blew me off for this year drives by and stops. He rolls his window down looks at the uncut lawn and says “Gee, I’m sorry you haven’t gotten any one to cut your grass yet. I suppose I could make an exception and mow it for you next week. I can’t do it after that though.”

I walked to the edge of my property and let loose a tirade on him that would make a sailor blush and run for cover. Let’s just say the jist of it was a complete characterization of him and his business practices as a total POS and a warning to never set foot on my property or speak to me ever again.

The bonus was that after he left, the neighbor a few doors down that is using this guy for landscaping services stopped a few minutes later and asked what it was all about. I told him the story and he pulled his phone out and called the POS and cancelled his contract on the spot.

He explanation to the guy was that since you f’ed my neighbor...I’m not going to give you the chance to F me too.

Time for a beer...or 3.

20190504_142937.jpg
QA1 suspension all in and just about ready to take the old girl to work and paint her. Life is good time for a cigar and a drink.

No drinkee for me. I got scalded last night. Bumped my head into something in the garage, lost my glasses and broke the whiskey bottle. I was in bad shape. I'm still not feeling too chipper now. :BangHead: Even this little guy makes my head hurt. :lol:

No drinkee for me. I got scalded last night. Bumped my head into something in the garage, lost my glasses and broke the whiskey bottle. I was in bad shape. I'm still not feeling too chipper now. :BangHead: Even this little guy makes my head hurt. :lol:
You'll be fine in a day or 2 then we'll drink..

Well, no victory goes unpunished. While I finally got a new lawn service, they did this to my sewer cleanout/vent and cap in the front yard. I guess they didn’t see it under the quite tall grass that hadn’t been cut this season yet.

06D65AC4-398A-4079-A66C-7DEE2A5CB3BE.jpeg

To their credit, the lawn guys notified the owner of the damage and he contacted me saying he would fix it.

I told him it wasn’t necessary since I had already done the repairs (took 15 mins and cost about $10 for an extension sleeve and a new cap). But, I said, if they fubar it again, I will take him up on the offer. He laughed and thanked me for being understanding.

Standing in my garage, looking at all the crap, hoping it would clean itself. But damn, these beers taste good on sunny Friday afternoon after a shitty work week. Welp, I guess this stuff isn't gonna move itself.. maybe I'll do a bit with one hand... need the other for a beer :)

The lawn guys showed up today and took extra care to avoid the newly repaired sewer vent/clean out. I guess they owner told them not to wreck it again!

All stocked up for marathon part install weekend. Couple of buddy’s thought they might stop by to “assist”...

D7A7F888-DE90-4E25-8E0E-BBC8E15E2B35.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back