"street" outlaws tonight

-
None of them can beat Kye Kelly:D:D he owns them..
I saw Daddy Dave beat Kye Kelly on a past episode in the S10. Kye's car is a really light weight Pro Mod car that used to be owned by a local racer around here with a Blown Chevy in it and it would barely make the field at our local pro mod races. He sold it to Kye and bought a Blown Hemi Pro Mod Studebaker that runs in the 3's in the 1/8. The camaro use to run high 4's with the blown chevy motor.

Was that the studebaker in a recent episode? It has a blown hemi. Smoked the tires and lost to the elco i think.

Was that the studebaker in a recent episode? It has a blown hemi. Smoked the tires and lost to the elco i think.

No, There are several Blown Hemi Studebakers around here. Most of them are 3 second cars.

I read on another forum that Chuck knocks somebody's teeth out at cash days. I wonder if they are going to show it on the show tonight.

I read on another forum that Chuck knocks somebody's teeth out at cash days. I wonder if they are going to show it on the show tonight.

he did and it was a sucker punch. I like the show, but not the punks.

For in depth discussion I refer you to the "yellow bullet" forum. Some of the show participants post there. Be ready for adults only language and photos.

Just watched Monday's show. Pretty crazy stuff. I'd figured that Kyle would take it. He's a great racer with a fast car.

I didn't know that they race 1/8 mile. Can't tell on TV.

I don't get N02. Is it really worth the risk? I'd rather have a NA or turbo/supercharger. Seems like less headaches and no bottle to fill.

Yea really, three cars two almost burned to the ground due to back fires. I personally never cared for nos but nothing against those that like it. Just very touchy stuff

You aren't likely beating any of those cars NA. Not gonna happen.

Pick your power adder. A bunch of guys had no real issues. Every one has it's risk. Adding power does the same thing to the engine.

Dave's Vette would have beaten Kelly had the trans not started taking a dump in the second round. That silver El Camino didn't hit the tires hard enough and lost, that thing would have handled ANYBODY there had they got a hit on that road to tune it a bit. Those test hits the guys made helps a ton on set up.

If you want to beat guys like Kelly, 2300# cars with good HP with a 3300# car, good luck. That's why those guys are getting into light cars. Kelly can outrun the heavy cars with 2/3 the power. Chiefs car with the crow mill is going to be very quick at 2300-2500#

I think Shawn is having a full tube chassis car built as well. Things are headed more pro-mod, former pro stock chassis on that show.

You don't normally see that many nitrous problems.

Everyone was crankin' it to 11 for the big payout

Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

I don't get N02. Is it really worth the risk? I'd rather have a NA or turbo/supercharger. Seems like less headaches and no bottle to fill.

Much more complex tuning on a turbo car. N/A isn't even an option at that level.

Yea really, three cars two almost burned to the ground due to back fires. I personally never cared for nos but nothing against those that like it. Just very touchy stuff

At the level they are at, yes. 3 HUGE kits on every one of those NO2 cars and a single kit on most of the turbo cars. It isn't really touchy on lower single stage power levels unless you disregard some very simple guidelines. I.e. timing, plugs, fuel requirements etc.

he did and it was a sucker punch. I like the show, but not the punks.

This is one instance I sided with Chuck. You don't throw coffee at a bunch of people and then physically attack a known injured man. He needed to be taken out immediately.

But aren't we missing the point >> Street cars "??? if they all start going pro mod... i might as well watch NHRA...

There were a few times on this show they had guys with no radiators running. That's a bit too far from a "street car". Their cars are not street cars. Notice it's trailer to the race, no exhaust, slicks, no passenger seat. Sorry, these aren't street cars but at least they can drive to the starting line, race and back to the starting line on their own power.

Don't like what's going on, don't watch the show.

I had a street car in the 80"s. 14x32, 3 kits, ran low-mid nines, plates, insured, drove it to work a few miles from the house. Would I go on vacation in it, NO. Oh yeah, It was on a trailer to just about every race I ever had.

Go on tim mcaims facebook and see a pro mod car is being built for murder nova,will the rest follow with pro mod cars being built or them buying pro mods to keep up

Before you know it .. they will be running on a prepped track ??? then end is near

Go on tim mcaims facebook and see a pro mod car is being built for murder nova,will the rest follow with pro mod cars being built or them buying pro mods to keep up

I think the show is near its last season and they know it. I just see the new pro mods as them getting ready for lots of match races and paid public appearances after the show.

I think the show is near its last season and they know it. I just see the new pro mods as them getting ready for lots of match races and paid public appearances after the show.

I'd Guess again there....they just Promo'd a 2nd street outlaws in New Orleans with Kye Kelly as the front man...

Don't like what's going on, don't watch the show.

I had a street car in the 80"s. 14x32, 3 kits, ran low-mid nines, plates, insured, drove it to work a few miles from the house. Would I go on vacation in it, NO. Oh yeah, It was on a trailer to just about every race I ever had.

I like the show. I like it a lot.

What you described having is a street car meant to race. Their cars are straight up race cars. Nothing more. There is nothing street about them other than where they race them.

I trailer mine to the race track because of the potential breakage. Other than the farm truck, these guys couldn't drive to a race if they wanted to.

I'd Guess again there....they just Promo'd a 2nd street outlaws in New Orleans with Kye Kelly as the front man...

And it's also been stated by an insider in OKC that the producers are having an issue with them not wanting to race as much anymore - takes time away from their lucrative tour schedule and it's wearing out their cars. The second show might be just to take some pressure off the OKC guys so they can have a life again, but who knows...

-
Back