"street" outlaws tonight

-
Several ran faster than 3.96 at the Georgia race in September. The record was 3.90 on the new 29.5x10.5 radial slick.

I agree, and was being sarcastic. My point was just because your fast one way doesn't mean you just set up different and your fast that way as well.
If you are going to beat Kye Kelly or chief you had better bring a 4.30 to the street and make it work every time.

I agree, and was being sarcastic. My point was just because your fast one way doesn't mean you just set up different and your fast that way as well.
If you are going to beat Kye Kelly or chief you had better bring a 4.30 to the street and make it work every time.

If your going to beat Larry you better be prepared to drive your car from track to track towing a trailer.....

hell nooo. small tire big difference than a promod tire. prep is different from a radial vs the world race and a dragweek prep race. waaaaayyy different.

Agreed.. Went to a Famoso prepped,for a PSCA weekend. I saw so many empty 55 gallon barrels of VHT out back,it was hilarious...Saw 10.5 small block Camaros ,killing Strange Fab 9" rearends, 10 second Chev truck( 10 second street combo,no less..), shear leaf spring perch centering bolts off.. That was a crazy weekend for a fan, much less a racer.Jesus Christ!!...(.2011-12?..)

yea seems like no one ever gets it,street outlaw cars are STREET RACED cars,not street legal cars

"The 405 has the fastest street cars in the nation"

And that's where the line becomes blurred and the discussions begin.

For in depth discussion I refer you to the "yellow bullet" forum. Some of the show participants post there. Be ready for adults only language and photos.

Where is the street outlaws thread on the Bullet ?

Some of the Street Outlaws stuff is crap, but it's more entertaining to me than 99.5% of the rest of shows on TV.

Saw an episode the other day where big chief got pulled over laugh my *** off,got a warning for going 50 in a 40 zone..really how about the open exhaust slicks ect ect..everything about that show is staged/fake...

Saw an episode the other day where big chief got pulled over laugh my *** off,got a warning for going 50 in a 40 zone..really how about the open exhaust slicks ect ect..everything about that show is staged/fake...

That would be fake in the northeast. Not elsewhere in areas where cops have souls and don't get sued for talking too strongly. I got "talked to" years ago when I was recorded on radar going 54 and then 80 in a 50 during a race. The officer thought it was just me because I was so far ahead of the other guy. The cop pulled out in front of my opponent so he just slowed and drove past us down the road. The officer made it a point to illuminate the "NOS" decal on quarter glass. I was given a ticket for a taillight and told to go straight home and not test on RT 83 again. I did go straight home that night. But that was in 1989.

Somebody that I know that was there during the Cash Days race said the trans in the vette that Dave was driving was slipping worse every pass he made. They were thinking about taking the trans out of the Reaper camaro but Dave said he thought it would make it. I guess he should have. Monte said Kye would not of had enough for the vette if the trans would of lasted.

Mopar, are you from the Northeast? NY by chance?

Here the cops have no souls. Currently the state police have a ticket quota of 8 tickets per day.

There was no street outlaws last night ?
oh my opinion, it's just entertainment.

That would be fake in the northeast. Not elsewhere in areas where cops have souls and don't get sued for talking too strongly. I got "talked to" years ago when I was recorded on radar going 54 and then 80 in a 50 during a race. The officer thought it was just me because I was so far ahead of the other guy. The cop pulled out in front of my opponent so he just slowed and drove past us down the road. The officer made it a point to illuminate the "NOS" decal on quarter glass. I was given a ticket for a taillight and told to go straight home and not test on RT 83 again. I did go straight home that night. But that was in 1989.
Back in the day it was different then it is now . The boys in blue used to pull over anything that had mag's and was a little loud . I don't know how many times I got pulled over when I had my Charger and get written up for things like modified exhaust , obstruction of view , over sized tires , etc. The funniest one was drag racing and speeding and at the time I was just sitting at a red light . But the cop said that at some point that night I would be doing both so he's righting me up now . But at our race spot they used to pretty much leave us alone and every once in a while they would just cruise thru and tell us over the PA "OK boy's and girls it's time to go home" . Like I said , time's have changed and luckily I haven't had any issues with the law in my Warlock yet .

-
Back