"street" outlaws tonight

-
The reason you did'nt have many wrecks years ago is the cars ran 13 and 14 sec in the 1/4 mile.Now its not uncommon to have a 10 sec car on the street a lot can happen with a ten sec car on the street.

we knew how to drive, where to race with no spectators. not so now, most guys now don't know how to work on the cars, and can't drive. but they are cool, look cool. lmao

The KC guys. This is a TV show, use the remote to change the channel. The racing 1/8 mile is due to the speeds. 10.5, 275, 235, 8.5 class's all race 1/8 mile for safety reasons.

Ray

nope. they didnt invite them as those guys came from hours away from kc. the only street racers you actually seen was skinnystt and train wreck aka freight train. the others didnt street race at all. the ones that did got dodged and ducked. hence the our cars arent here bs. they knew they didnt bring anything but a tv crew to call the shots.

i assume the 1/8th mile for some of the others who dont get the short 660ft reasoning. i assume because they have never been 4s to see how serious the mph is at the short distance. race is over the rest is just to check durability of a mans wallet or lack there of.

nope. they didnt invite them as those guys came from hours away from kc. the only street racers you actually seen was skinnystt and train wreck aka freight train. the others didnt street race at all. the ones that did got dodged and ducked. hence the our cars arent here bs. they knew they didnt bring anything but a tv crew to call the shots.

i assume the 1/8th mile for some of the others who dont get the short 660ft reasoning. i assume because they have never been 4s to see how serious the mph is at the short distance. race is over the rest is just to check durability of a mans wallet or lack there of.

It's the same everywhere they go. People from a group pic the cars. Ask the Ca. guys. The show is about people that street race. How often do you think Chuck Davis street raced. before the show with his car? A lot of people are put on the show that really are not street racers to keep it interesting. Not a lot on TV is real.

Ray

Its funny how years ago OKC and DFWSS put out the word but nobody showed up but a few. Discovery rents roads everyone wants to street race

It's the same everywhere they go. People from a group pic the cars. Ask the Ca. guys. The show is about people that street race. How often do you think Chuck Davis street raced. before the show with his car? A lot of people are put on the show that really are not street racers to keep it interesting. Not a lot on TV is real.

Ray
lol, yea ok chucky (his real name is brian fwiw)street raced before the show. grudge racer as well. grusge racing has been around for 18-20 years at least. i know cuz i was doing it in 2001 at moroso in south florida.

lol, yea ok chucky (his real name is brian fwiw)street raced before the show. grudge racer as well. grusge racing has been around for 18-20 years at least. i know cuz i was doing it in 2001 at moroso in south florida.

Yes I know. My point is they want people that are street racing today not 5-10 years ago. Pretty much almost everybody starts on the street. The SoCal guys that were on the show still street race. That was my point. Tuff, Brian, Mike Murrillo are not currunt street racers, but did it for the show. Hope you are feeling better, read you were sick not feeling well.

Ray

Its funny how years ago OKC and DFWSS put out the word but nobody showed up but a few. Discovery rents roads everyone wants to street race

Yep, and been doing it this way for a long time.

Ray

Yes I know. My point is they want people that are street racing today not 5-10 years ago. Pretty much almost everybody starts on the street. The SoCal guys that were on the show still street race. That was my point. Tuff, Brian, Mike Murrillo are not currunt street racers, but did it for the show. Hope you are feeling better, read you were sick not feeling well.

Ray
ahhh ya that makes sence but they couldnt and still wont find much to want to run that crowship enterprise.

my health is not well but im still fighting the good fight for now. thanks for asking ray. greatful to hear some concern from anyone. makes fighting worth while.

Kye Kelly's car is a carbon fiber pro mod car also. It does not have to have the stretched nose like Chiefs car because the camaro come that way from the factory.

Kye Kelly's car is a carbon fiber pro mod car also. It does not have to have the stretched nose like Chiefs car because the camaro come that way from the factory.

no chiefs car is stretched by like 18" and kellys is still stock wheel base. the iroc body is actually quite aerodynamic

That is why it is not stretched.... Chiefs car was done that way so it would also be aerodynamic.

That is why it is not stretched.... Chiefs car was done that way so it would also be aerodynamic.

no it is not stretched because its a chassis from the 90s. lots of improvements and advancements have been made since that iroc was built.

ahhh ya that makes sence but they couldnt and still wont find much to want to run that crowship enterprise.

my health is not well but im still fighting the good fight for now. thanks for asking ray. greatful to hear some concern from anyone. makes fighting worth while.

Hope you get better soon. Justin will be doing some other stuff besides street racing.

Ray

What car are you saying is a chasis from the 90's. Kyes car is a carbon fiber light weight pro mod that was racing in pro mod at my local track. Kye bought it from a local guy.

If you go to Kennedale Tx No Prep this weekend, some of them will be there.

Ray

What car are you saying is a chasis from the 90's. Kyes car is a carbon fiber light weight pro mod that was racing in pro mod at my local track. Kye bought it from a local guy.

how long ago do you think that car was built? that car has had many a owners of it. it kay ha e been a promod a one time but an older one nothing like chiefs of todays design and technology advancements. carbon fiber body is just a phone call away fwiw. you want one for your a body? not hard to make a mold and produce carbon fiber cars man if one really wants it. im sure with money hes taken from chief alone he could make it happen a few dozen times be carbon fiber bodied. the chassis under it isnt anything new like chiefs titanium rail beast. but dont sweat it kelly is already building another or so the rumor is...

Kye Kelly is a better driver, big chief LOL can't buy or build a car to beat him.

I like watching the show even though I know it's fake, the cars aren't streetable , it's on a closed course (which they have announced since season two at the beginning and of each episode), and all the other bs involved. I like the antics they play on each other and the racing at the end of each episode. I watch any and all drag racing I can possibly see. NHRA, Pro Mod, Street Outlaws. The only thing I don't care for is Pro Stock Motorcycles. It is always fun to watch the guys who drive an hour or more to the track, flog the cars all day, and drive home. The heart and soul of the sport. And Drag Week is the s#*t! Jeff Lutz would probably school a lot of the guys on the show if they tried that route. He only lost because his car was setup for the 1/4 mile. He ran with no testing and after, what was it 3 runs, he was on his way towards catching the 405 guys.

I like watching the show even though I know it's fake, the cars aren't streetable , it's on a closed course (which they have announced since season two at the beginning and of each episode), and all the other bs involved. I like the antics they play on each other and the racing at the end of each episode. I watch any and all drag racing I can possibly see. NHRA, Pro Mod, Street Outlaws. The only thing I don't care for is Pro Stock Motorcycles. It is always fun to watch the guys who drive an hour or more to the track, flog the cars all day, and drive home. The heart and soul of the sport. And Drag Week is the s#*t! Jeff Lutz would probably school a lot of the guys on the show if they tried that route. He only lost because his car was setup for the 1/4 mile. He ran with no testing and after, what was it 3 runs, he was on his way towards catching the 405 guys.

do you realize the cars jeff lutz races he didnt build??? if you did not know that. ya do now. not many have respect for jeff lutz. let alone many many others he has screwed over and ripped off. including but not limited to using liquid hardner on non welded roll cages/chassis and faking a cert tag sending it out the door calling it good. then taking no responsibility immediately after being called on it. there is a lot most if not all of you are missing from quite a bit of this show. i dont watch for many reasons, but id like to see real street cars plated and insured getting down to boogy on the street. it is difficult to watch a production from a crew who dont have a ******* clue to what really goes down. would open the world back up to hotrods amd race tracks for family activities to be had again in america.

Man,some of those guys they show are OLDDDDDDD....and i find it funny that the whole family shows up to watch a street race,are you kidding me they need to get lives:D:D:D

do you realize the cars jeff lutz races he didnt build??? if you did not know that. ya do now. not many have respect for jeff lutz. let alone many many others he has screwed over and ripped off. including but not limited to using liquid hardner on non welded roll cages/chassis and faking a cert tag sending it out the door calling it good. then taking no responsibility immediately after being called on it. there is a lot most if not all of you are missing from quite a bit of this show. i dont watch for many reasons, but id like to see real street cars plated and insured getting down to boogy on the street. it is difficult to watch a production from a crew who dont have a ******* clue to what really goes down. would open the world back up to hotrods amd race tracks for family activities to be had again in america.

If the show was run your way it would be boring and die. It has to be spiced up and fill in all the dead spots of real life. and they call it Reality TV. Love the show. Some can relax and be entertained, and some can't put down the microscope.

Man,some of those guys they show are OLDDDDDDD....and i find it funny that the whole family shows up to watch a street race,are you kidding me they need to get lives:D:D:D

Someday you will blink you eyes, and You will be OLD too! THAT I CAN ALMOST PROMISE! :D

If the show was run your way it would be boring and die. It has to be spiced up and fill in all the dead spots of real life. and they call it Reality TV. Love the show. Some can relax and be entertained, and some can't put down the microscope.

Someday you will blink you eyes, and You will be OLD too! THAT I CAN ALMOST PROMISE! :D

This is true but trust me my wife and daughters have better things to do then hanging out on a deserted road in the middle of the night,much more fun/comfortable coming to the track hanging out in the tent watching legally sanctioned racing..:D:D

This is true but trust me my wife and daughters have better things to do then hanging out on a deserted road in the middle of the night,much more fun/comfortable coming to the track hanging out in the tent watching legally sanctioned racing..:D:D

I get to race against a GPS just outside of town. I can tweak my car, go test, pardon me, make a "hit" and be back home in 5 minutes. Tweak again and go repeat. I'd love to go to a track but the nearest one is at least 2 1/2 hours away. If I wreck it's just me and my pride. I love living out in the country. I can't get my car up to 100 in a metropolitan area safely unless it's 2 am.

i dont think it would be boring but it would be more likely to pull those who dont know what they can do with their own. what they can do and what is out there in the go fast in a strait line world. you put those promods on and its over quickly. remember this and writing it down take a picture of it. people dont want fantasy racing anymore. they want real **** they can compare to what they have seen before drive past their house once before. or what their neighbors got in the garage a few doors down.

Plenty of people race a car they didn't build.

I'm not concerned about Jeff Lutz's personal life, I was just saying his car was catching up after tuning for the conditions.

It's "reality" tv, which means most of it is staged/faked/not real. I get that, that's not why I watch the show. All the drama before the races can be entertaining, but the races are why I watch it.

I'd love to see streetable cars racing on the show, but the executive producers/discovery channel don't think that sells ad time, so we get crazy unstreetable cars, and now on to pro mods.

I don't think having my POS running (and losing) to someone else's car is going to make more people get cars and bring families out to tracks. People know and participate and go to events. It's not for everyone the same way it used to. The bigger track near me expanded their sportsman schedule and made the big events bigger when the new owners, people who cared about racing and not the bottom dollar, took over. Well before any tv show came along. And on any given day with an overload of channels to choose from, I d my think one show is going to influence that many people that don't ha r some sort of interest on cars or racing in the first place.

-
Back