Stroker- want more ponies

-

Reaction score
I've been running a 408 for a few years and of course want more. I've been seriously considering a newer hemi but just can't seem to pull the trigger. Can I get another 40-50 hp out of my current build and still run pump gas

360 bored .040 over for 410 cubes
Fast efi
Rpm intake port matched to ported rpm eddies
1.5 roller rockers
Lunati voodoo 705 hydraulic flat tapped. Can get numbers if anyone requires
Forged Pistons 10:1
Cast crank
Stock windage tray
Car is a street brawler that sees the track a few times a year
So is there any room here ?

What's it run in the 1/4 now?Need info on t.converter,rear gear ratio and tire size.Maybe a solid roller cam in your future.

I can't do power adders with the fast efi. I was curious about a roller cam so here is some more info. 3:55 gears, 3000 stall, 27" tires, runs low 12"s .
As far as a wideban tune, I don't know what to say to that, I guess I would need to know what is considered a good tune ?

I can't do power adders with the fast efi. I was curious about a roller cam so here is some more info. 3:55 gears, 3000 stall, 27" tires, runs low 12"s .
As far as a wideban tune, I don't know what to say to that, I guess I would need to know what is considered a good tune ?

Low 12's is what I run in street trim with my stock stroke pump gas 360. You have a lot of room, something seems a little off being that you have a good intake and heads that are "said " to be good, I'd make sure the heads have a good valve job, use a thin no thicker than .039 gasket. A cam in the 570 lift area with about 244 to 250 @.050. Don't know much about the efi, but a nice holley 950hp will work great.

If it's the 1st gen FAST system, they're intended to be used on 550hp or less...the version 2.0 is supposed to be able to support forced induction and more hp...

Doesn't seem like there's to much room for improvement
A bigger roller cam is the only thing I can think of.

Which cast crank?
What level are the heads ported to?
What mph does it reach, and what's the car generally like?
Whose convertor is in it?
What diameter is the convertor?

According to Lunati's page thats a decent cam
Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 284/292
Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 242/252
Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .533/.552
LSA/ICL: 110/106
Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd
RPM Range: 2500-6600
Includes: Cam Only

Part Number: 10200705

As Moper asked What MPH are you going thru the traps at?
Is the 12.2 on street tires or slicks? 60' times?
Exhaust system?

"Car is a street brawler that sees the track a few times a year. So is there any room here ? "
IMO 12.2 is a pretty good street brawler
To get more power, you will have to spin it higher,which will require a bigger cam, which will take away its street brawler status,and make it more into a track car. That current cam is pretty big already.
But you didnt give us much to work with: where do you want this 50 hp? And why? Do you want it off the line? Or through the midrange? or at redline? ET doesnt say much about your current Hp. Mph is a much better indicator.

12.5-13.5 depending on where it makes it's power at. I'm assuming you've set your timing curve up to be the best it can be.

If you can't live read what AFR your FAST-EFI is putting out, an inexpensive wideband is a good idea, AEM UEGO, Innovate LC-2; nobody wants to make WOT power at 14.7:1

It just might change your life! :D

This question required the cam specs and head flow numbers off the bat. Your wasting everyone's time as they "Guess" & shoot at the pitch black dark to hit a similar target.
All of the cars infomation should be given. (Not over sized bearing info.)

As far as power requirements go, your 12.2 is a respectable one. To help you understand, members here have there small block engines (stroked or not) running as much as 3 seconds quicker.

How fast to you want to go?
How much time improvement do you want?
Is there a limitation to this endovor?

Put some "real" gears in it..3.91's or 4.11's...i'm running that same cam in a "stock stroke"360 going 11.80's..you got room to go quicker..

Your car may like more gear and converter as is and pickup .2-.3 easily.

I would think having the heads cnc ported(if they are stock)would yield a big gain.More compression wouldn't hurt either(should be doable with efi and aluminum heads).

A custom ground hyd roller cam from someone like Brian at IMM or several other credible guys would likely enhance the cylinder head work.

Go back to basics and tune what you have first.

Better converter

11 flat or better engine in a 13 second chassis. Probably 60's on the 1.7 or worse range

My bad - searched 702 for some reason. It was early

On a side note, editing your huge photo down in size would be a huge help. Don't you have to "side scroll" the page on here? Thanks

9u0qqg.jpg

n5q2k2.jpg

Put some "real" gears in it..3.91's or 4.11's...i'm running that same cam in a "stock stroke"360 going 11.80's..you got room to go quicker..
This ∆. I think if you do much else the cast crank may be an issue. You could up the compression one point with the Eddy heads.

This ∆. I think if you do much else the cast crank may be an issue. You could up the compression one point with the Eddy heads.

Cast crank should be fine ran one in my 416 same heads and cam he is using never had an issue with it..

Hey Stroked, whatcha running on the stroker in the 1/4?
The OP has what seems to be a great base package poised to go quicker.
Though the finer details are missing I think.

-
Back