Stupid Scammers

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Ive been texting over the past couple of hours with a Scammer that wants the pistons I have for sale. I have them listed on other sites as well and I believe this person got my number from Racing Junk. You know the typical I'll send you a check, and you send me the parts etc...

Anyways, all the obvious signs of a scam are there so I figured what the hell, its time to mess with this person. My record for keeping them strung along was 2 days, before they stopped returning my texts.

This scam has been around long enough you would think that these guys would work on there English and communication skills.

So far, this is how our conversation has gone.

Them-Do you still have the (copy and pasted from the add) pistons

Me- Yes I do

Them- Im ok with the condition and price, I'll give you $50 extra, Let me know your mailing details etc... so I can send you the check.

Me- Check for what

Them- They paste in my exact title for the pistons again.

Me- Well I hope your OK, with only 5 new and 3 used, V10 pistons. I think the turbine will run fine without the other 4 sprags

Them- Good so do get back to me with your full details to mail out the payment

Me- Will do, curious how many CC's is your Schwinn and what color?

Them- What color do you have?

Me- I dont have mine anymore but when I did it was a 4x4 model and was army green, very very rare.

Them- Love that right, do get back to me with your details

Me- Im curious the color of yours because that determines the rotation of the pistons. They have to rotate oblonged to maximize the effect. The color determines that. I would hate for these to not work for you...

I just tell them to send me a check and then I turn all their information in to the local PD.
(Which I'm pretty sure they promptly throw away)

I just tell them to send me a check and then I turn all their information in to the local PD.
(Which I'm pretty sure they promptly throw away)

I thought about that, but I enjoy messing with these type of people.

How many have actually sent you a check?

It is fun to waste their time a little. I like the telemarketing calls. Ask a bunch of questions to get all the details then cut them off. One of the best features of Bluetooth in my truck. I talked to one for my entire 30 minute drive home. Gave him all false information to key into his system.

Him: Sir this address is coming up as in invalid.

Me: I know, because its fake... I am just deliberately wasting your time to keep you from harassing someone else.

Him: excuse me....?

Me: yeah that's right

Him: F - you

Me: have a nice day!

I used to be the "world champion" (no, I wasn't) messing with back when we had landline telemarketers.

Guys calls, I don't know, "insurance"

I tell him "Can you hang on a minute, my wife was just talking about this the other day"

"Sure, be glad to, etc"

So I push that out, 1, 2, 3 minutes

"Still with us?"

"Sure."

"Sorry, she took longer than expected. She'll be here in a minute."

"OK"

So I push THAT out, 2, 3 minutes

"Hello?"

"YES?"

Sorry this took so long. Look, man, I'm terribly sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. I'VE NEVER BEEN MARRIED AND HAVE NO WIFE!!!!"

and hung up the phone.

==========================================

wow! you guys are just mean!!! ha

years back, the poor guy trying to make an honest living selling vinyl siding over the phone. 3-4 times a week, there was one. so as I sat at my desk doing all the paperwork stuff, I would just ask question after question, string the poor guy along for 10-15 minutes, then ask WHY do you guys keep on trying to sell me this stinking stuff, my house is a barn and and has metal siding.???..... I am ashamed. BUT.... they finally quit calling.....

I lived in a house once that had a recycled phone number and it just so happened that the person who had that number before me didn't like to pay his bills and creditors were calling about every other day

at first I was very polite, but eventually I got tired of it, and rather then explaining the whole thing I just told them "yeah, hes here, but he cant come to the phone right now, hes passed out drunk in the back yard"

well, one day I get a call for a Melissa
id never heard of her, so I gave my standard reply, "yeah, shes here, but she cant come to the phone right now, shes passed out drunk in the back yard"

the guy calling me went crazy
he was very mad I "let his 14 year old get drunk"

my favorite move with telemarketers is to tell them "yes --- is home (usually me), hang on I'll go get (me) for you" - set the phone down, yell upstairs for (me) - -go back to phone, "yea, Mike will be right here, hang on" - usually get an "ok, thank you" - set the phone back down and wait to see how long it takes for them to hang up.. sometimes I will carefully pick up the phone so I can hear what they are saying on the other end... :D:D Mostly though, we ignore them - TV shows caller ID when the phone rings - nope, don't know anyone from there either..

wow! you guys are just mean!!! ha

Well, it's not like they are some normal guy trying to make an honest living or anything.
(Scammers, not telemarketers)
Telemarketers usually get a No thanks and an immediate hang up.

I thought about that, but I enjoy messing with these type of people.

How many have actually sent you a check?

Two.
One for 1,500 so I could give his drivers their overdue pay, and another for a CL add that I checked for funds instead of just cashing or depositing.
Both went for a visit to the PD.

Anyone stupid enough to try and send you a check in the mail and expect you to accept it is a scammer, 99.999%.

Straghtlinespeed: cool story, bro! I love to f**k with scammers.

My best one, and it went on for several days, was when I gave him my address to send his phony check to but it was actually the name and address of the Dallas County Sheriff. I chose it because the texts were from a Dallas area code. I do wonder how that turned out.

Straghtlinespeed: cool story, bro! I love to f**k with scammers.

My best one, and it went on for several days, was when I gave him my address to send his phony check to but it was actually the name and address of the Dallas County Sheriff. I chose it because the texts were from a Dallas area code. I do wonder how that turned out.

Did you notify the Dallas County Sheriff?

That is a good one.

I did not. Hmmm....so the Sheriff, himself, may have tried to cash it. Sad, so sad.

It is fun to waste their time a little. I like the telemarketing calls. Ask a bunch of questions to get all the details then cut them off. One of the best features of Bluetooth in my truck. I talked to one for my entire 30 minute drive home. Gave him all false information to key into his system.

Him: Sir this address is coming up as in invalid.

Me: I know, because its fake... I am just deliberately wasting your time to keep you from harassing someone else.

Him: excuse me....?

Me: yeah that's right

Him: F - you

Me: have a nice day!

I got one like this a couple of weeks back - caller ID came up Montana - I know one person in Montana, and they would FB message me.

So the conversation went like this:

Me: "Heellllloooooo Montana, you're our next contestant!"

Him (heavy accent - sounded Indian): <pause>, yes, hello sir, I'm calling to...

Me: "You don't sound like you're from Montana..."

Him: "Lis-ten-here-you-mother-f#*%&3r!" <click>

I cracked up, picturing (in my mind) an older Indian man wagging his finger at me and his boss cutting the connection mid curse.

It's my new favorite thing to say to people :)

Many years ago when I would get calls trying to sell me windows, siding or roofing I would tell them I was renting, when the calls were for chemlawn I told them I was in an apartment. One time after saying I was in an apartment the guy responded "what, there's not supposed to be any apartments on this list!"

Way back when a siding salesman called my friends house at mealtime, his father answered, acted interested, led the guy on for ten minutes or so, then asked him, "how are you going to fasten the siding on to my brick?"

-
Back