Subframe connectors

-
Installed similar to post 7 and 15 in my Satty. No need to spend big $$$. Added beefy sway and HD torsion bars too. She corners flat now like a modern car.
DO IT!!!!!

Yep! Did mine for $36 in steel and a steel cutting blade for my circular saw. Money well spent IMO.

Pat

Subframe Connectors.jpg
3.jpg

I just got a 64 Valiant, 170, 3 on the tree. It's GONNA get US CarTool frame connectors, even if it stays stone stock.
You Triple R? Of all people? Your going to buy frame connectors? Please tell me it ain't so?!
For the same price as those $209 frame connectors I could probably get an $89 cheap Air flight round trip to Georgia and a $79 Harbor Freight welder in $30 worth of metal and maybe come down and do it for you! And leave the welder for you.
Buy frame connectors!? Unbelievable....

Oh yeah? Steel scrap is going for about $.80/lb these days.
Assuming there's about 3000lbs of steel in a Hellcat Challenger, you could practically build one $2400. Just add in some extra for the glass, aluminum and plastic. ;)
I will sell every vehicle I have for $80 a pound.
lol I missed the decimal point.

Last edited:
U S Cartool if available for A Body. Amazing transformation. Warmed up the 440. First romp cracked the windshield. Should have put the connectors in first. Look factory to the untrained eye.

The photos above are Hotchkis part number 4014. The way it mounts it spans the distance between the front cross member and the rear frame. It doesn’t attach to the floor pan and you may not have to remove your sound deadner.

Hotchkis Sport Suspension Weld-On Subframe Connectors 4014

This subframe connector may not be as stiff as the US Car tool version or as stiff as the the DIY version of
2” X 3” tube that welds to the floor but you will get the majority of the Benift of the connector. If your worried about stiffness one member tied the connectors together and incorporated a drive shaft hoop in the process....pretty slick install. See pictures below and the OPs comments.

View attachment 1715273559 View attachment 1715273560 View attachment 1715273561 View attachment 1715273562

$277 though.. i think at the time my DIY ones cost like $25 in material..

I just read about some engine bay sheetmetal that we’re added to cars ‘74 and older. Would there be any stiffness or suspension benfit from adding the engine bay braces to older cars to tie the fenders to the firewall like mentioned in the article below or building like the custom three point bracing in the picture below

Those dumb cross bars in the engine bay, why

DD395AFF-B156-4B63-A5D6-EE5B6A3B96DE.jpeg

From bergmans website. Stock
Picture found on Bergman Auto Craft - Home of the Modern Muscle Car

Last edited:
People always neglect to mention the additional safety connectors add in the event of a crash. Especially those welded to the floorpan. They add a great bit of structural integrity. That's useful in racing, sure. But there are other benefits.

Last edited:
If your frame and undercarriage are in excellent condition and you are
running a street tire they'll just break loose and you won't gain much.
...iIf you are using slicks, have lots of torque and your car hooks they
will help but then you'll start breaking things and need more upgrades.

-
Back