Summer Race Announcement...This Will Happen

Who will win this race???

• jpar with his home built wonder 408 stroker

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • yellow rose with his check book built little 340

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • the spectators who come to watch

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • there will be no race as jpar and YR are as full of poop as a Christmas goose.

Votes: 56 62.9%

• Total voters
-
Me?!?!

Well that’s a negative ghost rider!
Ummm, your about ready? Correct?

YR? Sorry, yes, but his talk is good but talk is cheap. And I’ll be dead honest! I’d love to see it happen.
Why not. This all sounds great.

Action! Speak louder than words.
Yeah I'm just about ready I mean really I just got to get this stupid timing cover back on and I think I'll have it whipped.

Oh yeah and I have that funny angle someone was saying coming out of the bottom of the new radiator but I don't think that's going to be a big challenge for me.

Good! Good! Good to hear it! Progress!
Wish I could make some...:(

Tomorrow it’s a rear axle seal... I think...

Everything on the front of the car is all Easy, Clean, new, and Plug & Play. Really I'm just taking my time playing with my fun project.
RATS! I just remembered I will have to go under the car to change the oil. I knew something was going to be difficult. LOL

WOW! 22 pages! The foreplay has gone on sooo long the chick got bored and went home!

1) Is this really about the “built vs. bought” argument in regards to which performs better?
One doesn’t equal the other
2) Which performs better stroked vs. stock stroke argument?
One doesn’t equal the other.

The only positive I can take from this is I like the idea of a FABO race. That’s what the poll should be, Who would go to an FABO race? but here’s my vote. This race is not going to happen. If I’m wrong at least I’m on record and It wouldn’t be the first or the last time. The two have been dancing so long they didn’t notice the music stopped months ago.

WOW! 22 pages! The foreplay has gone on sooo long the chick got bored and went home!

1) Is this really about the “built vs. bought” argument in regards to which performs better?

The only positive I can take from this is I like the idea of a FABO race. That’s what the poll should be, Who would go to an FABO race? but here’s my vote. This race is not going to happen. If I’m wrong at least I’m on record and It wouldn’t be the first or the last time. The two have been dancing so long they didn’t notice the music stopped months ago.

Nope. It will happen.

I think it's funny how people fail to realize that it's me mostly probing yellow rose. It took the first year of this time just to get him to agree to race. And this all started with yellow rose out here giving all this great drag racing technical advice on how to adjust ladder bars and how to shave Lower Side of the bowl and your heads and all this crazy stuff and yet no Time Slips? You see this race really started for my curiosity of why someone could be so technically Savvy yet have no time Slips? Records will clearly clearly show that I do drag race often and have drag race hundreds of times literally since this thread started. Anyways I guess if yellow rose finally runs out of excuses and finally gets his stuff together and finally get someone to put it in for him we might finally might have a race LOL
Still completely boggles my brain and the only thing I can think of is just plain old the internet bonjour I'm a supermodel as to why he even has more than one vote?

Because the use of a camera is not his style....

Nope. It will happen.
We should give them some kind of Trail teaser of some sort LOL I mean they should take into consideration how much money will have to spend to make this happen? We do live 4 hours away from each other and someone will have to trailer back and forth. I can't imagine how much gas money that would cost? Also are entry fees for the day? Also are gas For the race? We sure will be doing a lot for the entertainment of a bunch of people who can't seem to do nothing but doubt and put us down? Maybe there should be some kind of reimbursement of some kind for us since we're spending so much time and money? I mean do you have a for a bodies only t-shirt? I don't? Do you have a gold membership? I know I don't. Would the Forum have us representing them without gold memberships in without official t-shirts?
Certainly nobody will be paying an entry fee or actually driving to go see it or flying to go see it or anything like that?
Sounds like a massive expense for the two of us ?

Oh Lord! You guys should be arrested for
“Bait and Switch!”

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh Lord! You guys should be arrested for
“Bait and Switch!”

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I'll put my $2 in on it I bet if everybody who voted put in $2 it would be no problem. Switch and bait? I mean switch all of our Cash & Time for the ability to entertain everyone? LOL

Also don't always think of what you have to give but what you're going to get. You would have a lot more leverage to put pressure I mean could you only imagine what Outkast we would be as gold members with swag and not racing!

I think it's funny how people fail to realize that it's me mostly probing yellow rose. It took the first year of this time just to get him to agree to race. And this all started with yellow rose out here giving all this great drag racing technical advice on how to adjust ladder bars and how to shave Lower Side of the bowl and your heads and all this crazy stuff and yet no Time Slips? You see this race really started for my curiosity of why someone could be so technically Savvy yet have no time Slips? Records will clearly clearly show that I do drag race often and have drag race hundreds of times literally since this thread started. Anyways I guess if yellow rose finally runs out of excuses and finally gets his stuff together and finally get someone to put it in for him we might finally might have a race LOL
Still completely boggles my brain and the only thing I can think of is just plain old the internet bonjour I'm a supermodel as to why he even has more than one vote?

I have many time slips. You said they are too old. As for the rest of it, a day at the track is a punishment for me. I've spent my time there, dealing with idiot customers who are too stupid to use a timing light or even know how to make the first adjustment to a chassis or read a plug.

I just don't enjoy being at a the track any more. It's why I sold the race car.

Plus, after an hour on the phone, Holley has now decided that my can never shipped. It is apparently sitting on the bench waiting for paint. Which, as I pointed out is quite queer since on July 3rd, THEY called ME and said it was done and I quote "the brown truck is sitting here and I going to get it loaded up right now" and then took my money. Which BTW was taken out of my account July 5th.

And, the best they can tell me now is it will ship sometime this week and this time they will email me a tracking number.

I suspect they lost my can and now they are on the scramble. I will know if they are sending me a can that isn't mine. I'm one of the few guys in the country running an A body with a stick and Hooker 5303 headers. I had to modify the can to get the headers to fit. If it comes back I modified I'll know they changed cans.

I have many time slips. You said they are too old. As for the rest of it, a day at the track is a punishment for me. I've spent my time there, dealing with idiot customers who are too stupid to use a timing light or even know how to make the first adjustment to a chassis or read a plug.

I just don't enjoy being at a the track any more. It's why I sold the race car.
I agree the RaceTrac does suck a lot of times I mean is so hot especially at Woodburn and all that all day long for three passes? I do like the cool evenings at PIR late in the summer or early fall and you can go off on your own and just kind of be with your friends and then go line up with your friends and race. Not be part of a big crowed.
You know just cruze down there on a nice cool uncrowded evening and have a nice relaxing glass of ginger ale and squirt and when we feel good and darn ready we toss on our helmets and take a few passes and have one of our old ladies just get the best shots they can and yes with their cell phones.
IF WE FEEL LIKE IT!

Plus, after an hour on the phone, Holley has now decided that my can never shipped. It is apparently sitting on the bench waiting for paint. Which, as I pointed out is quite queer since on July 3rd, THEY called ME and said it was done and I quote "the brown truck is sitting here and I going to get it loaded up right now" and then took my money. Which BTW was taken out of my account July 5th.

And, the best they can tell me now is it will ship sometime this week and this time they will email me a tracking number.

I suspect they lost my can and now they are on the scramble. I will know if they are sending me a can that isn't mine. I'm one of the few guys in the country running an A body with a stick and Hooker 5303 headers. I had to modify the can to get the headers to fit. If it comes back I modified I'll know they changed cans.
This really all for it to be certified? I mean you did say you could cut the hole but it wouldn't be certified below 11/5.

This really all for it to be certified? I mean you did say you could cut the hole but it wouldn't be certified below 11/5.

Yep. All for that. I wanted to be able to adjust counter weight and not just base pressure. I could have drilled a 1 inch hole in the face where the trans bolts up and adjusted base pressure and still be legal quicker than 11.50 so it sent it in for the window. The gearbox is already out, and since it came out we've had two fires get close enough to the property that we could see flames.

I explained to the guy at Holley the car can't move as it sits. If a fire comes over my property, the car will go down with the house. So not only will I lose my library, I'll lose the car. Both are insured against fire but it would be a damn sight better to just move it and skip the hassle.

I had the factory bell on there, and then I saw the disc failure the guy had on moparts and said piss on this. I've been running a scatter shield since 1981. I was going to chance it and then I pussed out. What a royal PITA.

We should give them some kind of Trail teaser of some sort LOL I mean they should take into consideration how much money will have to spend to make this happen? We do live 4 hours away from each other and someone will have to trailer back and forth. I can't imagine how much gas money that would cost? Also are entry fees for the day? Also are gas For the race? We sure will be doing a lot for the entertainment of a bunch of people who can't seem to do nothing but doubt and put us down? Maybe there should be some kind of reimbursement of some kind for us since we're spending so much time and money? I mean do you have a for a bodies only t-shirt? I don't? Do you have a gold membership? I know I don't. Would the Forum have us representing them without gold memberships in without official t-shirts?
Certainly nobody will be paying an entry fee or actually driving to go see it or flying to go see it or anything like that?
Sounds like a massive expense for the two of us ?

Ok, let's see if I have this straight........... you want us to reimburse you for a for a race you instigated, haven't set a date for or place of action; THAT'S FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's like a Craig's list scam..........send me money then I'll race.........
How are we supposed to get this re-imbursment to you?? I can't even get an address to send you that fly swatter you keep cryin' for
"T" shirt?? several months ago I offered you an exclusive "T" shirt, you never even responded to my PM, how rude

Ok, let's see if I have this straight........... you want us to reimburse you for a for a race you instigated, haven't set a date for or place of action; THAT'S FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's like a Craig's list scam..........send me money then I'll race.........
How are we supposed to get this re-imbursment to you?? I can't even get an address to send you that fly swatter you keep cryin' for
"T" shirt?? several months ago I offered you an exclusive "T" shirt, you never even responded to my PM, how rude

That's the plan...get you guys to fund this for us. It's the American way!!!!

That's the plan...get you guys to fund this for us. It's the American way!!!!

This is turning into a farce of epic proportions..........we didn't even instigate the race and now we have to pay for it??!!!!??????
I feel a Geraldo Rivera commin' on along with "Jack and Diane", P.T Barnum has come back to life...............

This is turning into a farce of epic proportions..........we didn't even instigate the race and now we have to pay for it??!!!!??????
I feel a Geraldo Rivera commin' on along with "Jack and Diane", P.T Barnum has come back to life...............

LOL. I have to pay for the widow in my can somehow.

BTW...I forgot to ask if we are running mufflers. If we are, I may be on the limit for delta park. I can make the cut until 10 PM and then they cut me off.

If you want to run open headers we have to do Woodburn or Yakima.

-
Back