Summer Race Announcement...This Will Happen

Who will win this race???

• jpar with his home built wonder 408 stroker

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • yellow rose with his check book built little 340

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • the spectators who come to watch

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • there will be no race as jpar and YR are as full of poop as a Christmas goose.

Votes: 56 62.9%

• Total voters
-
I'm disappointed, lol I figured YR being a top notch engine builder as he claims, He'd be all over it, getting something
together just to spank jpars butt at the track. BECAUSE isn't that what most of us would try to do.
jpar would be easy pick'ns. as we all know what he has and what it runs.
YR still remains a mystery. THE MYSTERIOUS ONE !

Hey the truth doesn't hurt me I could dig it out maybe then I only say maybe because I probably hung onto it somewhere where I shouldn't have and it's not in my monster stack of Time Slips but my best one so far is an 11.485. full Dragstrip attire.
I believed at that point I could have tuned it down to an 11.2 had I persisted with that combo. With a couple thousand dollars in rear suspension parts I probably could have got it down to a 10.9 to 11 flat. And on down to probably mid-to-low 10's with aluminum heads and the big single carburetor with a nice 4 Barrel manifold. I mean isn't that the normal progression?

I'd lend j par my 950 but he is a bad *** and runs twin carbs.

(Even if I don't like his carb choice)

Twin carbs out the hood make up for there slow time with there bad assnes

I'd lend j par my 950 but he is a bad *** and runs twin carbs.

(Even if I don't like his carb choice)

Twin carbs out the hood make up for there slow time with there bad assnes
Today I call the Edelbrock Carburetor tech line just trying to get some baseline ideas on carburetor Theory when operating two carburetors at the same time. Oh boy, so what I got was a guy telling me which carburetors I should buy but I'm telling him I've already got carburetors and which ones they were and he assured me that I couldn't run those. I assured him I've been running them very successfully for 4 years and was looking for some operation Theory when running two together. He didn have a clue....
I felt like I called sales support not tech support.

Your carbs are great for the street and the price was right.

They not so great for setting to "full kill".

And I hate them.

:)

Not to mention your combo could run more carb. Put a true 1200 CFM on top and DAM that girl will run.

Your carbs are great for the street and the price was right.

They not so great for setting to "full kill".

And I hate them.

:)
I just thought they would have some Theory on or working knowledge of how two carburetors Edelbrock carburetors interact with each other when on one motor. Should I shut down 1 idle circuit and just run one? I just would like to ask some Theory questions not get someone to tune my carburetor over the phone.

I just thought they would have some Theory on or working knowledge of how two carburetors Edelbrock carburetors interact with each other when on one motor. Should I shut down 1 idle circuit and just run one? I just would like to ask some Theory questions not get someone to tune my carburetor over the phone.
Indy cylinder head puts dual carbs on motors all the time. Call them.

hemi2x4.jpg
Likely they use Holley's.

Not always

Today I call the Edelbrock Carburetor tech line just trying to get some baseline ideas on carburetor Theory when operating two carburetors at the same time. Oh boy, so what I got was a guy telling me which carburetors I should buy but I'm telling him I've already got carburetors and which ones they were and he assured me that I couldn't run those. I assured him I've been running them very successfully for 4 years and was looking for some operation Theory when running two together. He didn have a clue....
I felt like I called sales support not tech support.
JPar, I have a "full kill" AED carb I only used for one season. It is built to support 630 HP on my stroked 440. It is a pure race rig as it has no provision for choke of any kind. I took the plunge and switched Cuda to EFI ( smartest thing I have ever done) the carb sits on shelf useless to me. Should you decide to go to a single carb I would send it to you free for just cost of frt. we are firing up all the sleds ( snow mobiles) up here in Fargo now. It is 36 degrees as we speak. I am experimenting with a custom Stainless steel box I built attached to exhaust pipe to keep a sandwich warm. Alpha test total fail, smoked sandwich not enough spacing!
Sublime!

I would think you would want to run both idle circuits. If not the distribution at idle and through
transition will be off. A 6 pack idles off the center carb in an attempt to even distribution. Two 4’s would be the same or worse

I would be VERY surprised if you could call any large manufacturer and ask them any REAL technical questions. Once you get off the catalog page they are lost.

JPar, I have a "full kill" AED carb I only used for one season. It is built to support 630 HP on my stroked 440. It is a pure race rig as it has no provision for choke of any kind. I took the plunge and switched Cuda to EFI ( smartest thing I have ever done) the carb sits on shelf useless to me. Should you decide to go to a single carb I would send it to you free for just cost of frt. we are firing up all the sleds ( snow mobiles) up here in Fargo now. It is 36 degrees as we speak. I am experimenting with a custom Stainless steel box I built attached to exhaust pipe to keep a sandwich warm. Alpha test total fail, smoked sandwich not enough spacing!
Sublime!
I think here they are called hot doggers, but those might be smaller, I've also heard stuff called a muff pot but from what I can gather that's bigger than the hot dogger.
Oh man and thank you for that extremely kind offer. I do like to dual quad so much though. I call my car the anti sleeper! I mean really gold dual quads sticking out of a car that says the Scrapper on the side of it? Think about it....
Headers going into very old long worn out cherry bombs kicked out the side, it's like straight pipes. Most of the kids in their little Honda cars don't even think about trying it and the ones that do or think about it when I hit second gear and start roasting the tires and leaving them and that Loud pipe is banging on their door they just give up and let the old man have his victory.
I figured I better start talking a little Street smack now since apparently there's going to be no race time?

Last edited:
It's also nice to see he is firmly in the lead of a race he didn't show up to before the end of the summer lol

It's also nice to see he is firmly in the lead of a race he didn't show up to before the end of the summer lol
STOP!!!!!! Stop reading polls like CNN reads them!!!!!
It's ok to accept the truth. Look at the polls and the data collected. Now, take ALL the data. YR is NOT firmly in the lead! It is plain to see there are 47 votes that show folks did not believe this race would ever happen. They voted this way early in the summer. These voters were firmly in the lead the whole entire time. These voters were correct! These voters are the winner! :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
STOP!!!!!! Stop reading polls like CNN !!!!!
It's ok to accept the truth. Look at the polls and the data collected. Now, take ALL the data. YR is NOT firmly in the lead! It is plain to see there are 47 votes that show folks did not believe this race would ever happen. They voted this way early in the summer. These voters were firmly in the lead the whole entire time. These voters were correct! These voters are the winner! :D :D :D :D
What's the CNN? Isn't that a machine that makes the billet wheels?
And that's just the hater vote anyways.

-
Back