Should FABO have a forum for BO29 & LO23 Hemi A-Bodies

• Yes

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
At the time I weighed it she had about 10 or 11 gal of fuel in her tank so that would put her about 65lbs extra. Very cool stuff right there. Bob Trozzi will be at Spring Fling this year so I have a few question I can ask him personality. 😋

That is one awesome looking Dart Troy, nice job.
Can you advise what brand/ size of bias ply tires you are running.

Thanks Gary

tumblr_lif2rsawup1qcdxvpo1_1280.jpg

Evidently this was a 69 M code Dart with a 440 to start out and it was replaced with a Hemi....It has been found and a Hemi is going back into it with the same carb set up...

That is one awesome looking Dart Troy, nice job.
Can you advise what brand/ size of bias ply tires you are running.

Thanks Gary

Funny you should ask!! This is the first car that I know of that left the factory with a 14" in the front and a 15" in the rear. Here is the labels that came off the tires.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 197
Lol...that many oddities left the factory you never know what you will find.
Looking to put some tyres on the Keystones for the Barracuda, cannot hurt to have that authentic look, just like the original tyres were removed and put on the mags....and maybe grew an inch in the process.
I know the WO's had Powercushions but wasn't sure with the A bodies

Speaking of these cars------anyone know what the correct radio/heater delete plates for the Darts are worth?

Not sure, but I need one... SS/AFX sells reproductions. If you are interested in parting with yours PM me. Thanks.

Still no word on whether or not there is going to be a dedicated forum?

Guess the diecast and model forum must really be burning up all the bandwidth...

You do realize that nothing has to be taken away to add something, right?

And Joey has announced that the software is going to upgrade and soon?

I don't get you guys who think something has to go in order to add something... :roll:

No, I haven't even looked at the car. I've been travelling on business. The 1st two weeks in March look like more of the same. Being retired keeps me awful busy!!!!

:glasses7:

Just curious if you have made any progress in the Cuda?
Love these cars!

Just curious if you have made any progress in the Cuda?
Love these cars!

I'm very sorry to say this ; but no. Between helping a few old customers with their paint processing issues (which involves a lot of traveling) and my adult children needing my undivided attention to their various requests the Cuda still sits untouched. My schedule for the next month or two is fully booked. My "honey do list" is growing too and momma ain't happy.

Don't look like it!!!!!!!!! The HEMI cuda has been removed from the upper right corner if that's a clue????

hey dave...

drop me a message on your M-Code parts when you get a chance. i don't know if i will be able to find or operate the "message" section under this new format but if you do send me a note, i'll try to find it.

i'm not getting a "warm and fuzzy feeling" about the "new" FABO site/format. i suspect that the owners/administrators of this site are not interested in really hard-core mopar stuff but with the "internet statistics and performance" of this site. a really tame comment i posted yesterday was "edited" - i guess the "monitor" thought the comment was unkind or threatening or something. that kind of "censorship" never ends up well as far as the popularity and success of web sites where the majority of members are over 50.

i would certainly read a forum on hemi cudas and darts... great idea dave..

Rare Photo's of the following BO 29 Barracuda Race Hemi's

* James A. Thomas and Milton E. Updyke ........ Tyronne, Pennsyvania
Note > "Updyke and Thomas" ~ SS/BA

* Al Ramsey ................................................. Frederick, Maryland
Note > "Mr. Greenback" ~ SS/BA

* Town and Country Chrysler-Plymouth ............ Phoenix, Arizona
Note > The just delivered 'BO 29' hanging off the Car Hauler {The right-rear of the body 'smashed'}
Note > The BO 29 was an 'Automatic'

* Washburn Plymouth ..................................... Shreveport, Louisiana
Note > "Washburn Plymouth" ~ SS/BA

* Larry Todd .................................................. Jacksonville, Florida
Note > "Sawtooth" ~ SS/BA

Rare Photo's of the following BO 29 Barracuda Race Hemi's

* James A. Thomas and Milton E. Updyke ........ Tyronne, Pennsyvania
Note > "Updyke and Thomas" ~ SS/BA

* Al Ramsey ................................................. Frederick, Maryland
Note > "Mr. Greenback" ~ SS/BA

* Town and Country Chrysler-Plymouth ............ Phoenix, Arizona
Note > The just delivered 'BO 29' hanging off the Car Hauler {The right-rear of the body 'smashed'}
Note > The BO 29 was an 'Automatic'

* Washburn Plymouth ..................................... Shreveport, Louisiana
Note > "Washburn Plymouth" ~ SS/BA

* Larry Todd .................................................. Jacksonville, Florida
Note > "Sawtooth" ~ SS/BA

Sir, my father was working at Washburn Motors in Shreveport at the time they had the SS/B Barracuda. He was a transmission man among others on the car. (retired from Chrysler has a mechanic) Sure would like to have photographs of the vehicle as well as know the whereabouts of it now.

Last edited:
Sir, my father was working at Washburn Motors in Shreveport at the time they had the SS/B Barracuda. He was a transmission man among others on the car. (retired from Chrysler has a mechanic) Sure would like to have photographs of the vehicle as well as know the whereabouts of it now.

A neighbor of mine had an original SS Dart that was purchased in chicago (i believe) that him and his partner ran match races at US 30 and Union Grove for a while under the Coke a Cola Banner. After that time it remained in red paint w/no banner and centerline wheels. Out of all the pictures I've come across I haven't seen any of this car. Have you seen it.

It would be a much better forum than other things on here!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my hopes up as well.
There is no go to place for A body 426 Hemi build tech.
A printed guide that has some errors is the only easily found source I know of.
The class racer site is more of a who's car is this
or remember where this picture was taken. Cool, but not so much help for car builders trying to put together a hemi A body.
We have slant six, small block, big block, magnum, new hemi, and several other forums here to satisfy
everyone's A body Mopar engine build niche.
None for 426 Hemi which requires tech just as specialized as the other engine choices.
Fingers crossed.

-
Back