Should FABO have a forum for BO29 & LO23 Hemi A-Bodies

• Yes

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Can't wait for show and tell on the driveline waiting to go in it!!!!

Fantastic work!!!! I bet you are just dying to drive it soon!

Can't wait for show and tell on the driveline waiting to go in it!!!!

Fantastic work!!!! I bet you are just dying to drive it soon!

Thanks

No not really, this build has taken a lot longer than anticipated but I get a bigger kick out of the build than driving them. This one was fun as I wasn't trying to build a show car.

I'm happy with the way the paint turned out because I painted it in my garage. It's clean and smooth and that's what counts. Plus my neighbors didn't complain about odor or overspray because I took precautions.

The drivetrain has changed direction 3 times so far. You'll have to wait to see what eventually goes in, but it will have to be "streetable". O:)

I found a guy (by accident) not too far from me who pinstripes and does hand lettering. I'm going to check him out in a week or two.

Stay tuned.

:glasses7:

Attachments

• X_brace.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 390
  • 017.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 440
Like the cross bracing on the under chassis. Do they do that on true SS cars that still race?

I would be itching to drive it! I would love to do body work and paint but, don't have the room, time or patience for it.

Patiently following!

Like the cross bracing on the under chassis. Do they do that on true SS cars that still race?

I would be itching to drive it! I would love to do body work and paint but, don't have the room, time or patience for it.

Patiently following!

For the SFI 25.5 spec'd cars they do. These pics are of a previous build.

It does take some major patience to perform good body and paint work. If you hurry it shows.

Later

I love these cars. I have restored many Mopars in my life but when I decided to build my own....the way Hurst built them, I was all in. Here is my toy. LO23 clone.. I did everything I could to make it original looking but very drivable. 472, aluminum heads, 11 to 1 compression, auto with 3:55 gears. The side glass is there, mirror delete, seat belt window regs, battery, shifter, seats and brackets. I wanted to enjoy this car. It's has been up and running for 5 years now with no signs of slowing down.

I hope this thread keeps going. Many people have no idea these cars were ever built. Half the time I'm explaining to people what the car is and yes, they did leave the factory this way.

Thanks for everything, Troy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 383
Second photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 411
Thanks for everything.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 381
Second photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 389
attachment.php

Where did you obtain the blue coil? Thanks.

Home Depot. ;-). It is a MSD Blaster coil painted blue. There is a very long story about the original ignition system that went into these cars. I had all the parts except for a good working coil. Without the blue Prestolite coil the system will not work well. I have the Prestolite box under the dash and stock points in the distributor and that coil and it runs perfectly.

Thank you for your explanation. The further I get into building my clone the more I realize I don't know what I am doing! One step at a time I guess.

Damn Son....Thats sharp......!!!

Thanks

That last shot is of the passenger side. I hadn't water-sanded or polished it yet when I took the picture. It's a little smoother now.:D

I have the hood, tops of the front fenders, and header panel left to do and I'm done polishing.

Later

OK boys and girls........where is this REAL one today????????????

Attachments

• '68 HEMI Dart ebay '02.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 322
Thanks, that pic just gave me a little jolt of energy.

Did you get your motor done?

Yessir...

I got it all done and back in the car. I still have to fiddle with it some. Trying to get it cranked initially, it back fired a couple of time and I need to replace the garb/intake gaskets and reseal the top plates on the intake. Other than that, it is ready to go.....

Yessir...

I got it all done and back in the car. I still have to fiddle with it some. Trying to get it cranked initially, it back fired a couple of time and I need to replace the garb/intake gaskets and reseal the top plates on the intake. Other than that, it is ready to go.....

Glad to hear it.

Every time I see a picture of your car it gives me renewed energy and incentive to move my *** on mine.

Take care.

Speaking of these cars, anyone have one & is using the newer Mopar X-ram? I have one on my car & can't seem to remove either valvecover . Yes, the motor is where it should be, I used the trans as a guide to position the engine and yes, I have the MC set-up to be removable. I've had two VERY experienced people in these cars tell me two different stories about using this thing in a stock inner fenderwell car so despite this being my 3rd Hemi Dart I'm kind of at a loss as to a solution.
One person, not seeing the car, said I should have no problem. The other said its height, & width is greater than the original x-rams so it won't work. Any ideas/suggestions?

I owned the Max Hurley Demon about a decade ago, I sold it to someone at Carlisle, I think it went to Baltimore. Here it is when I owned it, still had the Motor Wheels on it as he was sponsored by them.

Attachments

• IM000416 - Copy.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 272
  • IM000418 - Copy.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 239
Speaking of these cars, anyone have one & is using the newer Mopar X-ram? I have one on my car & can't seem to remove either valvecover . Yes, the motor is where it should be, I used the trans as a guide to position the engine and yes, I have the MC set-up to be removable. I've had two VERY experienced people in these cars tell me two different stories about using this thing in a stock inner fenderwell car so despite this being my 3rd Hemi Dart I'm kind of at a loss as to a solution.
One person, not seeing the car, said I should have no problem. The other said its height, & width is greater than the original x-rams so it won't work. Any ideas/suggestions?

Might want to contact Greg Fernald at SS/AFX as I know he used these and may have a trick or two. You can probably just go over to see him at his shop in New River.

Hey. Everyone has some skeleton's in the closet. Sox & Martin started out in another brand that started with a M.

Oh no, Ronnie ran a chev before the Comit, even before he and Buddy Martin joined forces which I think was also a Chev. Don't think any of the GM cars were factory backed.I also think this site could use a section for the 68 Mopar super stock Darts and Cudas. There are a lot of us who have had a part in the history of them and would be very interested in any info that could be gained by doing so.

Might want to contact Greg Fernald at SS/AFX as I know he used these and may have a trick or two. You can probably just go over to see him at his shop in New River.

Actually, I did. He was the one that told me to get a new manifold!::sad11::

-
Back