Susie R/T

-
this car is going to make a transformation from a woody 500 to an R/T (what if the factory did it) type project......

Yeesh! Don't say you're gonna weld up all THOSE trim holes too, are ya?

Here's some pics of my '70 Satellite wagon after a very quick and cheap transformation. I had less than $1000 into it at this point! Yes, that's Home Depot stick-on fake wood. :jocolor: I was on strike from my work and desperate, so had to flip it quick.....and cheap....to a local Mopar Resto guy. And here it is today.....still a little sad about it, I'm tellin' ya. These are like my children! *Oops, I'm sorry, didn't want trample on your thread.....sorry*

Look -----> http://www.ssmoparmuscle.com/ourcars/70wagon/

Attachments

• DCP_0375.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 605
  • DCP_0376.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 594
  • DCP_0377.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 598
Yeesh! Don't say you're gonna weld up all THOSE trim holes too, are ya?

Here's some pics of my '70 Satellite wagon after a very quick and cheap transformation. I had less than $1000 into it at this point! Yes, that's Home Depot stick-on fake wood. :jocolor: I was on strike from my work and desperate, so had to flip it quick.....and cheap....to a local Mopar Resto guy. And here it is today.....still a little sad about it, I'm tellin' ya. These are like my children! *Oops, I'm sorry, didn't want trample on your thread.....sorry*

Look -----> http://www.ssmoparmuscle.com/ourcars/70wagon/

the way you cleaned up that wagon just gave me motivation to get on this coronet. all i can say is WOW

thanks for posting your pics ...that is what this is all about to share on these cars that we all share an interest in .......fantastic!!!

got excited and i went out tonight to see what lights work and what dont work in the dark.

only one out of four markers works.
low beams and high beams work
taillights work.
all dash and dome lights work
the front turn signal markers in the bumper dont work ....no idea why

i used the camera flash to see the cargo area ...theres my rally dash frame and set of magnum wheels.

this is sooo awesome .... i love it ...i love it ...i love it....LOL

Attachments

• CIMG2368.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 574
  • CIMG2367.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 578
  • CIMG2369.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 576
  • CIMG2376.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 581
  • CIMG2370.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 569
So no epic toolbox setup using hearse equipment? :(

Oh well, still in it to see how she comes out!! :happy1:

Looking good so far!

- CK

This thread is really going to make me wish I'd have hung on to my New Yorker wagon that I had years ago ! I'm in on this one for the duration !

I love the Coronets, i've had a few over the years. (Still have a couple of 4 doors left.)
The great thing about your station wagon is that there is lots of space in the back so it would make a great parts chaser too!
The 4 speed would be awesome!

Rani! What a great wagon you have!! Love it! Keep the pictures coming. She needs a good cleaning and some new "woodgrained side decor" Can wait to see the result!

did more parts gathering today and put parts with the car

i cant believe how handy the dual action tail gate is LOL

i pulled a date coded 68 four speed out of the parts shed and my cousin helped me get it in the back of the car .....holy moly those are heavy

also found a better steering wheel than the standard number that came with the car

and found some headers for big block for B-body .....i can get used to the extra room under the hood.

Attachments

• CIMG2378.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 537
  • CIMG2379.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 544
  • CIMG2380.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 537
  • CIMG2381.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 548
  • CIMG2382.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 541
Alright Alright !!!! today was like a mini-christmas ....got a whole bunch of parts in the mail.

a box from JEGS came with my wiring harness ....wow they ship fast.

got all the parts together for the electronic ignition conversion ...

POINTS BE GONE !!!! LOL

now i need to plan out a good place to mount the ECU and regulator so that it makes sense and looks factory.

Attachments

• 20130313_183540.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 511
  • 20130313_184618.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 533
  • 20130313_185459.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 528
Awesome wagon Rani!! I spent quite a bit of time in a 68 500 wagon in high school. It had a 383 hipo (H code) and factory tach. I still dream about that car!

After you get it running and driving, the second thing it needs is a good bath!
Then it'll be easier to work on........
Are you going big block or running the 318 for awhile?

You ought to hide it and make it look all original . Mount it under the dash , or behind the inner fender , where the splash shields will still protect it . Factory appearance , and you are the only one who will ever know . Well , besides FABO members , of course . My 2 cents .

when i look at later B-bodies like a 72 charger with electronic ignition i get a general idea on location for the electronic ignition stuff and i think i will duplicate it.the only thing im not sure of is to tilt the ecu so that it goes with the contour of the firewall seam or mount it low enough that the ECU is mounted level and undisturbed by the coutour of the firewall.

it seems that later B-bodies have an E-body looking firewall

Attachments

• 1972-Dodge-Charger-SE-400-engine-Photos-1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 499
  • 20130313_185459.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 473
i still have to go back and "pretty" up the wiring ....but for now i dont want to shorten the coil or distributor connectors bcoz most likely this car is getting a big block. and i really really dont want to mess the 904 so i am going to see what i can do to make the swap happen sooner than later

Attachments

• 20130315_180844.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 463
i still need to get used to this youtube thinger .....but this is with electronic ignition and the first time Suzy has ever talked to me at all.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVQf8y7a2Pg&feature=youtu.be"]20130315_180311 - YouTube[/ame]

2 or 3 pumps, then crank it.....LOL Sounds decent! That Mopar starter sound warms my heart! :D

i didnt plan on it today but i ended up snagging my shirt on a piece of chorme that was sticking out and on the car with a wood screw.

that upset me so i ended up de-trimming the whole car.

i am not a huge fan of the woodgrain but i would have left it if the chrome was good. the driver side was the worst .....almost every piece had wood screws drill through and were dented and messed up........the driver front wheel lip piece was in three pieces and held together with silver tin tape.

i really like the clean look ....i think it will look cleaner once its in a uniform color.

i think i really like the change and i like the clean look. the woodgrain looks like it was painted over with brown paint....proof that some ppl should not be allowed to work in body shops. i cant wait do un-do all the body work crimes commited to this car.

Attachments

• CIMG2389.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 409
  • CIMG2391.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 415
  • CIMG2393.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 411
  • CIMG2394.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 415
  • CIMG2397.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 399
-