Tach location

-
I used a hose clamp but I have a tach, oil pressure, and volt gauges!

leaves 003 (Small).jpg

I think I responded to some one's thread already but here we go!
toolmanmike

Not the best picture but I put mine in the ashtray of my '65 Barracuda. If I ever don't want it I just replace the ashtray.

HPIM1444.JPG

heres mine, i liked how the half sweep went with the dash, couldnt mount it on the column properly because of the shifter indicator, just reversed the mount and made a spacer and turned out just right i think

heres mine, i liked how the half sweep went with the dash, couldnt mount it on the column properly because of the shifter indicator, just reversed the mount and made a spacer and turned out just right i think

Looks great. Wanted to install my tach in the same position,but have a column shift as well.

Can you show more pics of the mounting system you did ?

Thanks.

will try and get some over the weekend for ya. i just shaped a piece of wood around the colomn and used the supplied large hose clip.

Duster don.

I think we have had this convo before but the time is near for us.

You made up a bracket that you secured the rear to a screw by the windshield ..how did you attach in front ?

How did you hide the wires ?

I mounted mine under the ash tray with a hole that was already there. Found an unused female connector on the harness under the dash that had a 12v key-on so wired it without cutting, splicing or running wires everywhere.

IMG_2259.jpg

How about placement suggestions for a tach on my 4 speed 340 Duster, 1972. Pictures will be appreciated.

Thanks folks.

I used the lower screw mounting point from the windshield pillar trim piece. No new holes drilled.

I dont mind a hose clamp on the column but with a colunmn shift auto there was no way to get it done the way I wanted. I made a small bracket and cut up the tach mount, welded it together, painted flat black.... done. No new holes and I can see all my OE gauges to....

Lol

Attachments

• old.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 417
  • THREAD-IS-OLD-2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 437
this is the place where ive just fitted my tacho (its in a 78 aspen) ive tidied up the wiring now and taped over the hose clip, i cant seem to move the little red pointer? when i do move it, where should i set the limit at, the engine is a standard 318 smog motor, sorry the picture is a bit blurred, also i noticed theres quite a few of these sunpro tach ll gauges in this thread, are they a good gauge?

Attachments

• sunpro tach ll gauge fitted.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 395
The dodge..

Sunpro used to be the "standard" .. my friend's '69 Charger R/T had all of them ...very classic..

An Aspen in England ? :) Mind you, I had a '59 Vauxhall Victor for a couple of years.

This may be an old thread but it is a timly topic..

Ian.

thanks for the info on the sunpro tacho, this is the 2nd aspen ive had , my first mopar was a 77 dodge aspen r/t supapak,
wasnt the vauxhall victor like a tri chevy but smaller - both engine and body

Attachments

• 78fourdoor.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 377
I apologize for the hijack....

You are correct. The car came out in '57 and had a tremendous amount of chrome on it. In '59 (mine) they cleaned up the shape. It had a wrap around windshield, was a unibody and had sincro on the first gear. It was sold through the Pontiac high performance division because it was the most powerful (52 hp) of all cars of it size. The full title of the car was Vauxhall Victor Delux Series II. The Delux was a Canadian model only. A far as I and the Vauxhall l club could acertain, it was one of only 2 of this model to be on the road when I owned it.

What you see is (except for the tire, battery, windshield wipers and one headlight) how it left the show room floor. I bought it when it had 17,400 miles on it and had been in storage for almost 40 years. Absolutely no rust. It drew crowds where we went.. absolutely reliable..we put 20 hours of driving on it in a 4 day period without a hiccup. My wife hated it...she preferred my '71 'bgt. I sold both cars a couple years after my accident. I had the 'bgt 29 years. Oddly enough, both cars went to owners about 2.5 hours away from me but only a half mile away from each other.

Ian.

VauxhallVic-XL.jpg

on this cool old thread

Attachments

• Picture 184.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 349
-
Back