Taking my valiant to local track tomorrow night for first time

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got a wild hair with wife out of town and decided to end season with a bang by taking valiant to our local 1/8th mile track Friday night then hitting areas largest fall car show Saturday. Have only taken her on two quarter mile passes before ( best of 15.8 @ 90mph )during a car show fun run so should be awesome. Hopefully I can get into 9's and not break anything. Looks pretty cool with my cuda's drag radials on her. Will not be a fast couple of passes but I'm excited & sure she will make 273's proud.

Oldschoolcuda

Attachments

• parts 666.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 355
  • parts 667.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 338
I love that car................................:glasses7:

Good luck! Are you allowed to leave the wheel covers on the front while racing?

Thanks Keith & yes I will have to take the hubcaps off the front to make it thru tech. but driving down with em on.

Oldschoolcuda

NICE little Valiant!! I actually like the body on those more than the Cudas of the same era.

Thanks 67. The 65 valiants are very attractive IMHO especially the signet's with no window post.

Thats one nice Val oldschoolcuda fly the flag for the 273! enjoy your weekend.
icon14.gif

v nice ride love the color 64/65 rock i have 4 really nice hubcaps 4 yah

Attachments

• Snapshot_20120830_14.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 277
  • Snapshot_20120830_19.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 282
  • Snapshot_20120830_20.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 273
Nice looking Valiant, good luck at the track!

Attachments

• amber2.gif
    22.2 KB · Views: 262
Did not reach goal of 9's at our local 1/8 mile track but got three runs in, met some cool mopar folks and had a blast. Ran a best of 10.04 @ 71mph on first pass ( had bog issues on next two passes so shut her down for evening)and did not break anything. Not to shabby IMHO for a basically stock 273 commando.

Oldschoolcuda

Okla,don't matter.YOU HAD FUN!Good to see you workin the mojo.

Did not reach goal of 9's at our local 1/8 mile track but got three runs in, met some cool mopar folks and had a blast. Ran a best of 10.04 @ 71mph on first pass ( had bog issues on next two passes so shut her down for evening)and did not break anything. Not to shabby IMHO for a basically stock 273 commando.

Oldschoolcuda
Wow!! I have been busy and missed this great day
Very respectable run, That is a beautiful Valiant :rock:
So happy to see you got out and had a great day :thumbrig:
Sounds like a great event put together :cheers:

-
Back