Thank you for a great site.

-

Rogue

Reaction score
My wife and I were looking for a project car and found a 74 Scamp to be the car to work on. Once we got it home and drove it around with the built up /6, we realized that we want a big block under the hood. My wife and I have found a 383 that was $250 and in good shape. We've started tearing the 383 down to inspect the journals, walls, bearings, lifters to find that it is in excellent shape on the inside. The outside is caked with so much crap (2 inches worth in some areas) that we've made a big mess just trying to get the block numbers visible.

Anyway, we're excited to be working on this and I'm glad that I have a wife that wants to get dirty with me. Here are pictures of the car as bought.

PICT3215.jpg

PICT3216.jpg

PICT3217.jpg

Thanks again for a great site!
*Rogue

Nice people like you all make this site so great....thanks for staying around...Nice car...what kind of rims are those...

Nice people like you all make this site so great....thanks for staying around...Nice car...what kind of rims are those...

Thanks for the kind words Chasduster. The rims are actually from a Mustang (they were on there when we bought the car).

We get compliments on it everywhere we go in it. We know that it needs some body work as there are some dings and a little bit of rust to the exterior. The floor pans and and chassis all look to be in great shape. My wife wants the car to be no less than 400hp but not much more then 450hp as she doesn't want to be afraid to drive it. In most aspects, this is a car we are working on for her and I'm just loving the time and fact that she wants to do this.

I must confess, this in my first American vehicle that I've worked on for myself. I've built up some many Honda's/Acura's and my last car was an 88 CRX HF that was pushing 487hp. I just wanted a car that is a beast, not a mouse with a loud bark. haha, so I went American.

*Rogue

Welcome to FABO.Looks like a nice car and sounds like a fun build and where did you find your wife and are there anymore like her.Your a lucky man.Keep us updated.8)

Welcome to this great site Rogue.
Keep in mind that there are some /6 folks here when you take it out :happy10: Jump on in and enjoy :cheers:

Welcome to FABO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have headlight bezels if interested that will fit your car (Driver Quality) in either black or silver argent color, and some other misc parts. PM me if interested. Really Cheap!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to this great site Rogue.
Keep in mind that there are some /6 folks here when you take it out :happy10: Jump on in and enjoy :cheers:

I'm originally from Chicago and I moved to Lake City for a few months. I have family in Jonesboro, Leachville, Manila and Cherry Valley. I will be parting out the /6 along with the trans. I have paperwork for the car that heads were ported, has and Isky cam and many other things done to it.

Welcome to FABO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have headlight bezels if interested that will fit your car (Driver Quality) in either black or silver argent color, and some other misc parts. PM me if interested. Really Cheap!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm interested in many things for the Scamp, though I don't need a headlight bezel, I just needed to replace the adjuster screw, so that is why the picture doesn't have the bezel. PM Sent.

Welcome to FABO.Looks like a nice car and sounds like a fun build and where did you find your wife and are there anymore like her.Your a lucky man.Keep us updated.8)

I met my wife freshman year in High school. We were always good friends, then she moved to AZ, I missed her so much that I married her. Well, not quite like that. There are more out there, you'd be surprised how many out there actually enjoy cars and working on them.

Thanks all for the welcomes. I'll have to get the camera booted up to my computer so I can post pictures of the 383.

*Rogue

No, thank you! Welcome to the site, nice looking project! All this talk about your wife....did you know there is a Hot Mopar Babe thread?? :toothy10:

Good luck with your car! :cheers:

Welcome to FABO.
You are correct, this is a great site. Everyone is helpful and they all look out for each other.
Check out the gold member info. As I found out, you may not take advantage of the perks, but the biggest perks are the site itself and the members.

Welcome aboard! Nice to see that you're wife is into the project 100%. I have one here who wants me to keep the car in about the same ballpark on HP and keep it auto (all the rest are stick) so she can drive it. The stipulation for her, though, is she has to help get hands on with the resto to be able to drive it.

Did you know there is a Hot Mopar Babe thread?? :toothy10:

My fear is that I'm not a great looking guy and one of you studs will steal her from me and I can't let that happen, can I?:toothy10:

Welcome to FABO.
Check out the gold member info. As I found out, you may not take advantage of the perks, but the biggest perks are the site itself and the members.

I've checked it out and will become a gold member once the Christmas bills and the car bills are under control.

Welcome aboard! Nice to see that you're wife is into the project 100%. I have one here who wants me to keep the car in about the same ballpark on HP and keep it auto (all the rest are stick) so she can drive it. The stipulation for her, though, is she has to help get hands on with the resto to be able to drive it.

She is very much into it and it is good to hear that yours is as well. I wonder if our wifes will get to the point when they look at us and say, did I say 400hp? Why so little, I want 800!!!! Then we smile.

Thanks again and I'll be asking many questions.
*Rogue

:toothy10:

She's a keeper. I have a feeling that 400 may not be enough HP for her {crossing fingers}

*Rogue

Welcome aboard.

Build her a 500 HP engine and lie about it.:toothy10:

You know you've really got her hooked when she says that enough horsepower is enough, but too much is just right. :-D

Rogue, welcome to FABO. You're going to have fun here!
Keep us up to date on your build with lots of pics because :worthles:

Rogue, welcome to FABO. You're going to have fun here!
Keep us up to date on your build with lots of pics because :worthles:

OC, I'll post some more pictures just because you said that this thread with worthless. :-D

PICT3280.jpg

PICT3282.jpg

PICT3288.jpg

This motor sat for 23 years in the back of a bus. It is filthy and this stuff is caked on. In some parts, the gunk was about 2 inches thick.

I'll be making custom door panels shortly. We're going with the Electric Life window regulators and will mold the switches into the panel.

*Rogue

Welcome and thanks for sharing some great pics. Looks like you got half the farm stuck on the 383. Time to break out the scrapers!

Welcome to FABO Rogue!Did you mean under the bus?LOL!Man that is some nasty crud on there!:angry7:

haha, It was literally in the back of a bus, were the back seats would be in an old military transport bus. We had to build a ramp to 'slide' it out. haha, it was a fun time. They knocked money off the asking price because it was so "fun."

Welcome and thanks for sharing some great pics. Looks like you got half the farm stuck on the 383. Time to break out the scrapers!

It smells like the block has the WHOLE farm stuck on there.. hahah.

Thanks for the welcoming.
*Rogue

-
Back