South Florida Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• dodge-barracuda-return.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 387
  • dodge-barracuda-return2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 377
alfa Romeo and barracuda in the same paragraph is the first sign of a huge embarrassing failure.

sounds like they are fixin to drag another American icon through European sh$t.

Um, that is clearly NOT a convertible, which calls the veracity of the entire item into question.

Those are pics of the 1999 Charger R/T car show prototype.

Those are pics of the 1999 Charger R/T car show prototype.

I thought I'd seen that "concept" swimming around out there in the murky depths of the internet, occasionally surfacing once every few years, ever since the new style Charger came out many years ago. I think some young automotive writer has been duped, or perhaps it was just a slow news day?

Oh hell no looks like a cheby even though that is old pic if they do remake the barracuda it should be retro styling. That is what is selling modern performance cars.
just look at sales of Challenger, Mustang and Camaro

No offense to the OP but how many more times is this old picture going to be used over and over. This is like the third barracuda remake thread we have isn't it?

You have to go to the link and read it closely; it says the new Barracuda's styling will be "inspired" by that Charger concept. Supposedly using a Fiat "platform." Which looks like a swelled-up tin can to me. I'm not holding my breath...

A 4 door convertible with the Barracuda name is as bad as tits on a bull....

They should name it "Caitlyn"....

Trying to capitalize on past glory without doing the proper styling to match will just water down the reputation of the Barracuda name.

At least the new Challenger looks pretty close to the old one. If you are going to resurrect/tribute the car, do it right...

You have to go to the link and read it closely; it says the new Barracuda's styling will be "inspired" by that Charger concept. Supposedly using a Fiat "platform." Which looks like a swelled-up tin can to me. I'm not holding my breath...

Exactly. Just passing on an article dated: August 27, 2015
Thought it might interest some people who would take the time to read it.

It also says: "Alongside the new Barracuda, the new Charger will also use the Alfa Romeo Guilia (pictured below) as a base."

Attachments

• Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-9.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 268
The top picture is a concept Challenger.

How said that Fiat is bastardizing another classic MoPar name.

I, for one, am not impressed, not enthused, and certainly not looking forward to another euro-boat, assuming a classic American car name

Fiat can't engineer electrical for cars so if this thing is built I would expect it to have the same issues my wifes "Jeep/Fiat" Cherokee Trailhawk has. I've taken it in for the U connect 8.4 inch display blanking out and the hatch control close not working right. Well that hatch problem was a connector that gets water in it and burns up the control module to the hatch, car fires you know : ) So there's the first recall, I expect there will be more.

The top picture is a concept Challenger.

Sorry rob, you are incorrect. I have an old copy of automobile magazine with an article on the prototype show car in the top pic. Magazine is dated from 1999 in fact. Mattel even made a hot wheels car of it. That also says 1999 charger R/T. Chrysler was calling it a "Charger R/T". Not a challenger. The article also had a 69 and 70 chargers posed with it so you could see the simularities in the old cars with the new one. Back then chrysler wasnt even thinking of a new challenger. This prototype was made by metalcrafters of detroit using most of the cabin area of the the current at the time intrepid. According to metal crafters it was a royal pain making it RWD and V8 because it was to be a working prototype.

-
Back