The budget Dart is on the road

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
I drove the Dart around for about an hour today and it ran good. It's a nice feeling to hop in and drive. I pick up this abandon project as a shell over a year ago. It had some hokey things going on that I tried to the best of my skills to correct. I also finished up the mini tub project and welded the spare tire well back in the car. Still a lot of trim and detail items to be worked out yet, but it's a running driving car once again.:D

Attachments

• college 3.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 217
  • college 9.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 210
  • college 10.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 223
  • college 12.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 214
  • college 11.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 203
sweet dart. Around here you wont have much time left. Snow's gonna be here soon.

The wheels are replica bullit for a late model mustang. 18X9 front and 18X10 rear.

The shell was already painted when I started. I'm into the car for around $4,000 as it sets plus lots and lots of my own labor. Still needs lot of little work including interior put back together. The quality of paint and body work is ok but not super nice.

My idea was to see if I could build a cool little car on a budget. Maybe inspire others including the young guns to get there's done and running. I see to many people including myself have big dreams and tear a car apart and never finish them because money and life gets in the way.

Here is the link to most of the build and it has itemized expense in there.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=197095

Looking good, Nothing wrong with the stock 318. I think to many people get bit by the more power bug and forget they will only cruise the car around once in a blue moon.

One more back from the dead!

Buy yourself a beer!

...and I drive mine at least once if not twice a week...and am thankful the 318 gets 15 MPG!

-
Back