The Building of the Blue Mistic

-
It has not been put on a Dyno. The only one around me has a chassis dyno. I am guessing 375-400hp at the flywheel.

Sounds about right to me! That thing ought to be plenty of fun! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this one progress

I just talked to Digi-Tails about fitting their 72 Dart LEDs into my 70 tails. They told me that they are going to have the LED Digi-tails for the 1970 Dart/Scamp tails ready in early May.

:cheers::cheers::blob::blob::burnout::smilebox:

Yay! I'm about 95% likely to buy them-even if I'm serving away from the mainland, I'll be buying some of those and sending them to my Dad for storage until I come back. That's awesome! Thanks for calling!!

Just received a quick reply from a fella named Sebastian at Digi-tails. He said expect a 189-199 retail, and a possible 15% discount with free flasher relay for interested members. After seeing that, I decided to price all the pieces without a discount...$333 for all LEDs and electronic flasher relay, all the way around to include the marker lights. Even if the 15% discount only was applied to the lenses, and a free flasher relay was included, that's still $50 off the top...very tempting indeed!

I believe they sell them as a pair for that price ($189-199). That is how much the 71-73 Darts are per pair. I also talked with Sebastion. He was quick to reply to me also.

I have figured out my driveshaft finally. I originally bought a conversion U-Joint that went from the factoy A904 driveshaft (7260 style) to the Ford 8.8 style (1330 style) U-Joint. This would have worked fine, but I found another alternative. I have discovered that my old issued Police car was getting junked in two days. This has an aluminum driveshaft with beefy 1350 U-Joints.... and mancini's has a 1350 Style yoke for the A904 for $100. Now all I have to do is shorten the Crown Vic shaft to the length I need.

Here is the easiest way we found to pull the driveshaft out of a Crown Vic :cheers:

Attachments

• DRIVESHAFT.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 935
I was very excited today. I loaded the wife and kids up in the Dart today and went for ice cream and a small cruise. Had a great time and driving around, everyone loved the car, giving thumbs up.

Just pulled the rear diff out of the car to put the new rear in. Installed the DoctorDiff spring offset kit with polyurethane bushings. The new rear is an 8.8 with rear disc brakes that are drilled and slotted, 4.10 gears, limited slip with carbon fiber clutches.

Attachments

• right rear.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 892
Here is the car with the new rear end in. It has hotchkis leafs in the back and the Doctordiff spring offset kit. So the rear is lowered a total of 3.25". I turned the torsion bars down to match:

Attachments

• lowered.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 3,987
I also redrilled the spring perches and the shock mount plates forward 1.25", which makes the rear sit 1.25" further back. With stock wheel wells, I think I can get 9" wide wheels with 4.5" backspacing. When I first put the car back down, the 8.8 cover just barely rubbed the gas tank so I clearenced that with a strategerly placed dent.

I think I'm going to get me one of those Crown Vic driveshafts.

Just need someone to stop traffic long enough to flip it over and take it out.

love the stance now she just needs some wheel covers or rims and it'll really set her off

I am going with these. 18" in the back, 17" in the front:

Ridler%20695%2017x8%20Gray.JPG

I think I'm going to get me one of those Crown Vic driveshafts.

Just need someone to stop traffic long enough to flip it over and take it out.

LMAO, just bring a skinny friend to get under there with a 12mm wrench. I had access to about 4 of them about a month ago. After I moved the rear back 1.25", I had to shorten the aluminum Crown Vic shaft 1 7/8" and everything slid right in. There is a place on car-parts.com that will sell you one $80 shipped. I did not need to re-balance either.

I got to drive the car a bit today. It is amazing the difference that the 4.10 gears make. Before I would get on to the 318 a bit and it would go. Now, at full throttle, it chirps posi going into 2nd gear and leaves little 4-6' skid marks.

Very nice Dart and great build. Love the wheels too. Best man at my wedding back in the day had a 70 340 swinger, in your color combo with white bumble bee stripe. Keep the info and pics coming.

-
Back