The Building of the Blue Mistic

-
Very nice Dart and great build. Love the wheels too. Best man at my wedding back in the day had a 70 340 swinger, in your color combo with white bumble bee stripe. Keep the info and pics coming.

I had contemplated painting it silver and black, but the longer I have this car, the more I am in love with the color. I still can't bring myself to keep the vinyl top though. It will most likely stay B7 Blue, no vinyl top, and black painted on bumble bee stripe.

WOW i'm glad someone else does that, I wasn't going to mention that LOL glad someone younger does it :D

So your going to run the Combo Joint in the Rear and then get the new 1350 Yoke for the trans? Your not going to change out the rear pinion yoke to 1350? I might have missed something. :banghead: Lol

I used my stock 904 yoke (7260), then the combination joint to 1350, then the rear joint is a 1350 joint. When extra money comes up, I plan to buy a 1350 yoke.

I used my stock 904 yoke (7260), then the combination joint to 1350, then the rear joint is a 1350 joint. When extra money comes up, I plan to buy a 1350 yoke.

Oh ok hought I got it wrong...... I got it Bassackwards!! Haaaaaa

Thanks for the information!

Here is a pic of the new headlights I put in. They are glass front ANZO's with a Halo CCFL ring. As you can see, I am building a garage, so my money has been going there for the moment. I am also in the process of pulling the motor/trans, and all the front suspension to make room for the HemiDenny K-frame.

Attachments

• headlights.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 932
cool,coming along good!

Thanks. I picked up a set of Twin scoops today from a guy that had them bolted on a 1965 Chevy truck. They definitely looked weird on it.
At first, I was just gonna resell them, but the longer they sat on my hood, the more I fell in love with them. Here is a picture of them just set on the car.

Attachments

• DSCF2242.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 921
A little update, I just picked up a 2006 5.7L Hemi with 60K miles. I got the 340 for sale now to fund the extra money I will need to spend on a hemi build.

I just ordered a 545rfe 5 speed auto transmission to bolt behind the Hemi. I got it on car-parts.com. It is from a 2007 Hemi Ram and has 80,000 miles. I paid $350 shipped to my door from TX to NY.

Also, talking with Chris Squier from hotwireauto.com about the wiring harness and computer. the Harness is $995 and a flash computer used for $300 (did not want to spend $700 on a new one.

Man, I do wanna say that is one sweet dart you got there, its one solid car to build for sure... That blue rocks too!!! Love it!

Contacted HemiDenny, just ordered the new mounts through him to put the 5.7 Hemi in. Pulling the engine on the wrecked Magnum on Friday night.

Do you have your wheels n tires yet? Should be an awesome look.

I just order the rear two from Jegs (price match for $130 each) a couple days ago. I have not heard anything yet of when they will be shipped:
18x8"

7996mh2_27.jpeg

:thumblef:

Diggin it. Do you plan to modify the hemi at all, or just some headers and be done?

-
Back