The Building of the Blue Mistic

-
Just ordered this from Hotwireauto.com, Chris Squires was very helpful. It was $1,330 shipped to my door. It is the complete wiring harness and a programmed computer to run the 5.7 Hemi and 545rfe truck 5 speed auto trans in my 70 Dart. It has all of the relays and fuseblock for the set up. Motor mounts from HemiDenny should be on the way soon.

HemiHotRod.jpg

Pulled the Hemi from the 06 Magnum R/T tonight and brought her home. I have the AWD transmission still hooked to it.

How'd dropping the rear 3.25 inches go? Stance is what I'm planning on going with and I've been looking at the hotchkis leafs as well. They only lower the car 1'' though right?

Yes, they say 1", but is closer to 1.5-1.75". Plus I did the Doctordiff spring offset kit, which has a stock height or lowered mount hole. I used the lowest setting. Combined once everything settled it was about 3.3" lower than stock.

what are you planning for exhaust manifolds/headers?

I did a mock up w/ jeep manifolds and they cleared.....some are just too wide and do not hug the block close enough

You have a great build going! I recommend 18's all the way around though. It just allows for more backspacing in the front so you dont have to compromise in width.

I did a mock up w/ jeep manifolds and they cleared.....some are just too wide and do not hug the block close enough

I have heard that Jeep Manifolds work best. I will look into that a bit further. I am going to try the Magnum manifolds first and will let you know the outcome.

Wow. What a great build underway. I'll have to come see it. Do you go to the Thursday evening car shows in Oneonta??

Wow. What a great build underway. I'll have to come see it. Do you go to the Thursday evening car shows in Oneonta??

That would be great to come up and see it, of course when it gets a little further along so we can take a ride. I went a couple times this year. Car is down now with the engine out. My buddy goes with his bright green AMX.

That will be cool when its done, I always like the look of the new Gen in an A body.

Are you going with power steering? If so, do you know what is needed for a pump?
I need to sort that out. Denny says the power rack needs a low volume pump. I suspect he meant low pressure.

Are you going with power steering? If so, do you know what is needed for a pump?
I need to sort that out. Denny says the power rack needs a low volume pump. I suspect he meant low pressure.

I am running a manual rack, so I do not have to worry about that. I would look into an older Dodge Dakota power steering pump as they use the single grove pulleys and R&P steering.

I just ordered a TCI Saturday Night special torque converter. I had it price matched for $396.99 shipped. That will give me around 500 rpm's over stock. I think it will be perfect for a stock Hemi and stock transmission (may put in a shift kit).

OK thanks. Found out the Ford rack want 7-800 psi. I'll look into the Dakota pump or just the relief valve.

I may have a friend that has an extra Dakota pump if that works. I will check with him and let you know.

[ame]http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/beep/PUMP_IT_DOWN-re-v1.4.pdf[/ame]

Thanks but I just found this article which shows how to lower pressure on any Saginaw pump with a simple shim change.

FedEx came today. I also price matched these through jegs at $130 a piece with free shipping. They are 18"x8":

Attachments

• IMG_0328.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 759
  • IMG_0330.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 739
They're going to transform the car in a good way.

-
Back