The Building of the Blue Mistic

-
We are all glad to here that you are on the mend.

Now and more importantly, Deputy Sheriff? Can you fix your own tickets?

I've heard of those garage door springs causing serious injury. Hope everything heals up nicely.

Thanks to everyone. Started physical therapy today so the tendons do not heal together. Just going through the healing process now. I was luck that it is a clean with tendons and muscle only, no nerve or artery damage. Now I get a couple months off from work.

It's pretty bad when your a Deputy Sherriff building a hot rod Mopar and you get taken down by a garage door spring . Yah see , I keep telling my wife that me doing work around the house is to dangerous . lol Hope you get better soon and that green is "wicked" !

Thanks to everyone. Started physical therapy today so the tendons do not heal together. Just going through the healing process now. I was luck that it is a clean with tendons and muscle only, no nerve or artery damage. Now I get a couple months off from work.

Piano wire the tendons back together?.....that's the way they did it in the 70's anyways.

It's pretty bad when your a Deputy Sherriff building a hot rod Mopar and you get taken down by a garage door spring . Yah see , I keep telling my wife that me doing work around the house is to dangerous . lol Hope you get better soon and that green is "wicked" !

That is the other thing it cut, my honey do list in half. It was actually nice, a few friends and neighbors came over and finished my garage door install. And then came back a couple days later and finished enclosing my garage for me for the winter. It came out nice, I will post a pic.

Piano wire the tendons back together?.....that's the way they did it in the 70's anyways.

They used disolvable stitches in the tendons and 13 regular stitches across my wrist.

If I had seen this first I might not have added a turn to my shop door springs yesterday! Glad you are healing well. I got er done and doors lift much easier now.

I actually went to the garage where my engine is. Decided that I did not like the heads being plain aluminum on the Gen 3 Hemi, pulled the intake and valve covers. Painted them Hemi orange and set back together. I need to clean the dust off the rest, but it looks pretty good.

Here is a year ago-ish before pic:
attachment.php

and the dusty after:

Attachments

• hemi.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 504
Ordered a 22" Aluminum Radiator with inlet and outlet on the passengers side for the Hemi. I also got a bolt on aluminum shroud with a 16" single electric fan. It is a 22" 3 core, says it is designed to cool up to 800HP.

Attachments

• radiator.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 462
Healing well, Ross, thank you. Still not able to close my hand yet, but they will let me attempt it next week. Hopefully it will be a fast process after that.

So glad the wrist is coming along and no permanent damage! That radiator sounds pretty stout!;) who makes that radiator? Looking forward to the finished product! Then again, are they ever finished? Lol!

So glad the wrist is coming along and no permanent damage! That radiator sounds pretty stout!;) who makes that radiator? Looking forward to the finished product! Then again, are they ever finished? Lol!

Thanks Carl, I posted the link, but it got deleted during the FABO crash. It is a Champion 3 core. You can get a direct fit for $219, I paid $295 because I had the inlet moved to the passengers side for a Hemi swap. Here is the link I posted about it:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=292829

Thanks bro:) gonna look into it:) just picked up a Taylor battery relocation kit. Gonna try for tomorrow or next weekend to get it installed:)

Great build nice work! Hoping to do a lot of the same things to mine So I'll be watching.....

-
Back