The most interesting thing you know...

-

DadGum_Teen

Reaction score
Okay I lied, it doesn't have to be THE most interesting thing... But post a fact that is not commonly known that you think is a cool piece of knowledge for the back of your head.

I'll start off with one I learned tonight.

Nitromethane Used in top fuelers isn't near as combustible as gasoline, but has a stoichiometric air/fuel ratio of 1.7:1, which allows a heck of a lot more fuel to be burned at once when compared to gasoline engines.

A top fueler will run the 1/4 mile and the motor will turn the crank less than 750 revolutions in a full pass.

Most plastic explosives dont have plastic in them. It a paraphin wax
A block of C-4 isnt a pound it's 1.25 pounds.

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he's never cried.

Ha, Just kidding.

Cigarette lighters were invented before matches.

You have to be a real man to drive a taxi in Rome. You use one hand to shake your fist at other drivers when they cut you off. The other hand is used to wave at pretty girls, and to steer......well, you have to be a real man to drive a taxi in Rome.............!

Here's another for you. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave. How's that for random thought.

I can explain that one. Bats fly in formation, kind of like geese flying in a "V" shape. The formation of the bats causes the inaudible frequencies to be directed to the right of the bat. This tells a bat that there is a object to the right of it. The bats responds accordingly and steers to the left upon exiting the cave.

I really had you going didn't I... :-D

That is a great looking dog by the way!

I can explain that one. Bats fly in formation, kind of like geese flying in a "V" shape. The formation of the bats causes the inaudible frequencies to be directed to the right of the bat. This tells a bat that there is a object to the right of it. The bats responds accordingly and steers to the left upon exiting the cave.

I really had you going didn't I... :-D

That is a great looking dog by the way!
Hey that's as good an explanation as I could have come up with. That's Baron in the av. He's double that size now and growing as I type.

do you know why one side of the "V" in a flying geese formation is longer that the other?
answer below

Because there are more geese in it!

Theres a greater population living in the state of New York than all of Canada. (They are really cool people, I just don't understand French.)

New York City is made up of 5 counties & 3 Islands, then theres the rest of the world.

If you broke off the 2 boros called Kings (Brooklyn) and Queens , put them aside, to compare, they would be the 3rd and 4th largest cities in the U.S.A.

It'll take you about a 1/2hour to travel south to north on long island, but over 2 hours west to east. No traffic conditions.
Yep, it's reallllllly long. Ruffly 25 X 120 miles.

The Island would rank 96 as a country & 12th in state population, if it were a state with approx. 8 million living on this sandbar. Beachs are wonderful.

Click this for a time wasting read about where I live.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island

If ya ever wanna come on over, the Island goes from True city life to farms of potato's Horses and vineyards that have bested the best in world compotion. (Ha ha ha a on the French)
Click this; http://www.longislandtourism.com/default.asp

-
Back