The other rmchrgr got a job!!

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Sooooo... big things happening for me for me. I was offered a job at my local Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Hyundai dealer today as a C-tech. I start on Dec. 1st.

This represents a huge change for me and my family. Between going back to school and being a stay-at-home dad, I have not worked a regular job since May of '07.

We're a bit anxious about child care for our son Jake since he requires some special care being born with a heart condition. However, He's doing about as well as anyone thought so it's about time I got back to work. We'll figure it out!

I have to say that I sort got of used to this lifestyle of child care and being at home all day, surfing the net and watching Sesame Street. I'm a little sad too, my boy is my best friend. It's rare these days when a parent, especially a dad gets to spend so much time with their kids, it's been really great to watch him grow.

So yeah, lot's of oil changes, tires, cabin filters and serpentine belts in my immediate future. Finally get to put my training and tools to work. Good to be playing for the home team too! Wish me luck guys!

Best of luck with the new job.You will adjust and it wil be that much sweeter when you come home at the end of the day to see your boy.8)

This is going to be a great day for you rmchrgr :cheers:
I am very happy for you and your family :happy10::happy10::happy10:
It will be a big change for you I beet after being a home father for quite awhile
I wish you well and enjoy your new Job rmchrgr and so glad you are with the home team to cool :cheers:Good luck with everything :cheers:

Great News, Congrats I just got a call back for a Town job myself !

Good luck to you. You'll feel better after you go back to work and start using tools again. There is no way I could stay home.

Good luck man, maybe they can send you to school and put you on line after a while.
My automotive career started through the Chrysler apprenticeship program and I learned soooo much about cars.
It came with an associates degree too.

I liked working on Chryslers, but the place I was working had no room to grow and too many nebby jerks who got pissed when you got a job better than them.
I guess every shop has a few.

Well, enough of my life story, good luck on your new job rmchrgr.

Good luck man, maybe they can send you to school and put you on line after a while.

The service manager said that if I stick around they'll put me through their training program. I hope I get to that point, I'm planning on being in it for the long haul.

Thanks guys, I've enjoyed reading all the encouraging words here.

And Scott/pettyblu - I'm gonna need to stay away from the parts department. It'll be like a ****** addict at a smack convention...

Congratulations, and hang in there for that promotion. When they realize what they've got ( a genuine, dyed-in-the-wool, MoPar man), the sky's the limit!!!

You go, guy!!!O:)

The service manager said that if I stick around they'll put me through their training program. I hope I get to that point, I'm planning on being in it for the long haul.

Thanks guys, I've enjoyed reading all the encouraging words here.

And Scott/pettyblu - I'm gonna need to stay away from the parts department. It'll be like a ****** addict at a smack convention...

Definitely take advantage of that.

congrats man, i just got a confimation call on a job today too, its pretty exciting!!
good luck

Well gang, made it through my first week at the dealership. I did a TON of stuff, everything from changing out window regulators and modules, differential service, brake jobs, parking brake repair and what seems like about 700 oil changes and 'multi piont' inspections. I even managed to sell some work!

Like any other place of employment, there's a bunch of characters around (me included) to keep things light. Surprisingly, the service manager was asked to take a week off for tangling with the parts manager. An old friend of mine from tech school showed up - he actually had worked with the guy who is training me, kind of made me feel like I belong.

All in all, a pretty good week. I surprised myself and managed to do most of things I was asked to do without too many mishaps or grievous mistakes. I think I learned more in a week than I did at school. I also think
I'm gonna be broke because I'm definitely lacking in the tool department.

Thanks again for all the encouragement. Feels good to be a working man again.

-Greg

Sooooo... big things happening for me for me. I was offered a job at my local Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Hyundai dealer today as a C-tech. I start on Dec. 1st.

This represents a huge change for me and my family. Between going back to school and being a stay-at-home dad, I have not worked a regular job since May of '07.

We're a bit anxious about child care for our son Jake since he requires some special care being born with a heart condition. However, He's doing about as well as anyone thought so it's about time I got back to work. We'll figure it out!

I have to say that I sort got of used to this lifestyle of child care and being at home all day, surfing the net and watching Sesame Street. I'm a little sad too, my boy is my best friend. It's rare these days when a parent, especially a dad gets to spend so much time with their kids, it's been really great to watch him grow.

Which one?

Don't worry about the kids. They'll cherrish you more when you come home and play with them. I'm lucky to work nights and spend all day at home.
Full time job plus Mr. Mom!

(Dang I'm tired!)

-
Back