the things we do for love

-
well i went and picked up the fenders yesterday. and they are really nice too. i will get some pics tomorrow of the doors and fenders, some before kind of stuff. iwould say that there is a slight frontend issue to go along with the bad stuff on the body. he(my brother)has put just a couple hundred miles on it, and it has chewed the left front tire nearly slam off of it. i will post some tire pics and we can all guess what the problem is before i take it apart. aw come on, it'll be fun! anyways, pics to follow! here i go again!!!

fenders

pokes dart sport 379.jpg

pokes dart sport 380.jpg

pokes dart sport 406.jpg

pokes dart sport 407.jpg

well the fun stuff has begun again. began the sandblasting this morning. i'm going to try to get the biggest problems fixed first. blast and repair the doors and fenders first, then start pulling the old sheetmetal off. it is kind of like a birthday present. you don't know what you have till you unwrap it! i'm suspecting about the same scenario as the rear. the only thing was, the rear was all visible. but i'm not too worried. the plan "was" to put the entire car in a good black primer. and let it go at that. but the "new" plan is, to return this car back to stock body configuration. so B-5 it is. while it is down this time, the car will probably come completely apart up front, so the entire body gets some attention.

pokes dart sport 421.jpg

pokes dart sport 425.jpg

pokes dart sport 423.jpg

pokes dart sport 424.jpg

moving right along. the patch is ready to weld in now, sorry, no pic right now. i will ge welding the patch in the morning. por 15 all over the inners first.

pokes dart sport 429.jpg

pokes dart sport 430.jpg

pokes dart sport 432.jpg

pokes dart sport 436.jpg

pokes dart sport 434.jpg

that was too weird. i posted an update 20 minutes ago and it just now went through.

should have held onto my 73 sport and finished it guess I will have some redemption working on my dads duster

mopardrt, you mentioned the "things we shouldn't have parted ways with" and man i understand. i've had a couple of B bodies that are worth big dollars now, that i couldn't give away. my wife calls me a s#*t hoarder now, cause i won't part with anything. ramenth, whatchwerkinon now? heres some pics of todays progress.

pokes dart sport 457.jpg

pokes dart sport 459.jpg

pokes dart sport 460.jpg

pokes dart sport 463.jpg

pokes dart sport 464.jpg

pokes dart sport 465.jpg

pokes dart sport 468.jpg

Movin' along nicely. Do I see light at the end of the tunnel?

As for me, (since you asked :-D) I'm working on my Dip in between the mechanical work comin' in.

it´s going fast forwart for your project

what it´s the very nice Truck at background of the pic

if this is early d 100 ???

I hope my next project is a Truck

well ramenth, at least you are buisy. that has to be good for something.the truck in the background is a 1949 ford f-1 Uli. factory flathead v-8. all original. 59,000 original miles. really nice truck. if you look in the members restoration forum for a thread titled, "i know i know, not a dodge", some of the other trucks i've done are there too. a couple of cars are there too. i'd like to thank you for adding to this thread. i'm as guilty as anyone here for this, too often i "graze through the threads", and like what i see, and fail to add to the thread. as we all are, i'm so buisy that, i don't post too much. i hope i am as entertaining as i sometimes feel when i update. i don't add too many comments with my posts, cause i try to allow the pics to say it, as they are always worth a thousand words. just not mine. i can and do try to answer any specific questions that anyone may have, but again, the pics say it better than i can. i will say this though. the front and of this car is like a different car, than the rear. if i didn't know better i'd say they were two different cars.for instance, opposite ends of the same rocker!

pokes dart sport 003.jpg

pokes dart sport 489.jpg

You're work is very admirable!

I'm going through the same process with my '70 Charger and it is overwhelming at times. What's bad is when you know the project is rough.
Then you dive in to find that it is really really rough!!

I could have bought one done cheaper, however I could not afford a near completed one. I will also know what I have when I am done.

I'll keep my eye on this thread.

-
Back