Think inflation/ gas/ groceries bad? Try pricing used pickups!!

-
I might add the fact that duallies are also useless in anything slick. Seems like a single wheel gets better traction.
Stepson has to have a 4 x 4 pickup just so he can unload/load his bass boat on these steep boat ramps! Why these Texans make them that steep I don't know. LOL

They make them that steep so when the lakes dry up you can still launch. But then the trailer falls off the concrete at the bottom edge and you are really screwed. Those ramps get really slick too.

Well let the thing warm up before you leave. And I’m very surprised your 2wd Cummins 5spd didn’t come with a limited slip. Limited slips were standard in the Dana 70 and 80 that went behind the Cummins. Did you buy this truck used?
Also, you can get a limited slip easily for them
Limited Slip is an option even today once 2500 but it’s standard on a 3500.

Maybe I should list this one for 10k and see if I catch one. But I really like it.

B723568B-D1E4-41D1-980D-77DE87898239.jpeg

They make them that steep so when the lakes dry up you can still launch. But then the trailer falls off the concrete at the bottom edge and you are really screwed. Those ramps get really slick too.

My Pontoon trailer came off the concrete last summer. That was a humbling experience. I ended up having a guy beside me who had it happen and jumped right in (literally lol) to get it back up on concrete. That was no fun at all....

JW

I might add the fact that duallies are also useless in anything slick. Seems like a single wheel gets better traction.
Stepson has to have a 4 x 4 pickup just so he can unload/load his bass boat on these steep boat ramps! Why these Texans make them that steep I don't know. LOL

i actually prefer a narrower tire on slick stuff (i even run a narrower then stock tire on my plow truck)

in slickness you need pressure, which is measured in PSI, so two ways to get traction are by upping the P (adding weight) or lowering the SI (narrower tires)

a dually would be counter productive there

It ain't maybe what you can get for your old ride, BUT what you have to pay for the new ride!!!!!
Everything is relative!
Or as they say in horsetrading, its the BOOT that matters!!!

When it comes time to build my rear ends, a spool always seems to fit the budget.

:thumbsup:
I got this one for 65 shipped. Hell, even the lunchbox lockers are 300 plus. And they're a spool in a straight line or around a turn under power. The only time they break the axles loose is around a turn with very light accel or coasting. So screw all that. Spool baby. lol I got the bearings pressed on tonight, but I need some shorter ring gear bolts, because the stock carrier is thicker on the flange and the bolts bottom out in the ring gear.

Last edited:
It ain't maybe what you can get for your old ride, BUT what you have to pay for the new ride!!!!!
Everything is relative!
Or as they say in horsetrading, its the BOOT that matters!!!
I just got 2790 for my 2000 Jeep, not a damn thing for lost wages... I've added to that, basically skinning myself alive, and all I can find is 4.7s and 3.7s in trucks, miles are over 200k, and of course, maintained how, by who. I can tell people are trying to cash in, I've seen a few w/ ticking, needs a head gasket, just needs rod bearings, no engine, Transmission needs work..ect. all around 3k. I'm Blessed to have 4.5, and I'm not seeing anything I wanna play with. I've never had an issue scoring a killer running, good looking Dodge or Jeep.. this is insane.

I just got 2790 for my 2000 Jeep, not a damn thing for lost wages... I've added to that, basically skinning myself alive, and all I can find is 4.7s and 3.7s in trucks, miles are over 200k, and of course, maintained how, by who. I can tell people are trying to cash in, I've seen a few w/ ticking, needs a head gasket, just needs rod bearings, no engine, Transmission needs work..ect. all around 3k. I'm Blessed to have 4.5, and I'm not seeing anything I wanna play with. I've never had an issue scoring a killer running, good looking Dodge or Jeep.. this is insane.

State ******* Farm?

State ******* Farm?
******* Progressive. Instead of sending someone out, they had it picked up by AIA ( auto insurance auctions, si senior, hehe) strung me out till the 11th hr... said they get the #s by " replacement value" they said only could find 3... HMMM. I should have asked WHERE? I see no 4.0's for sale. They have been meat slamming me. Now, my Gal was driving, I wasn't in it. She got 3500.. I'm not entitled to lost wages, because I had no possible liability claim on them for the ambulance chasers... F'N bottom feeding slime, making a living off screwing the Lil guys

It's not uncommon here lately for 15 year old trucks with over 200,000 on the clock being advertised at 12 to 15 thousand. When I bought my Ram it was 4 years old and had right at 100,000 on it and it was only 13,000.

I bought a decent '94 1500 V6 2wd a couple years ago for $1500.
So you're telling me I can turn a profit on this truck?

@Ironracer

I have had Progressive for over twenty years with zero claims.

My car got hit by another progressive member.

3,500.00 damage. (Cheapest estimate out of three.)

I received 500 bucks.

My car was parked.

At my house.

In my drive way.

I will tell everyone i care about not to buy their insurance for the rest of my life.

******* Progressive. Instead of sending someone out, they had it picked up by AIA ( auto insurance auctions, si senior, hehe) strung me out till the 11th hr... said they get the #s by " replacement value" they said only could find 3... HMMM. I should have asked WHERE? I see no 4.0's for sale. They have been meat slamming me. Now, my Gal was driving, I wasn't in it. She got 3500.. I'm not entitled to lost wages, because I had no possible liability claim on them for the ambulance chasers... F'N bottom feeding slime, making a living off screwing the Lil guys
State ******* Farm did the same thing. It should have been cut and dried it was "her" fault. This was a nice low miles truck should have been top dollar. "They know" that for the say, 2K difference they screwed me for, I could not hire a lawyer. They wanted to tow it I said no it sits in my yard. When they finally got me down on the floor they wanted me to put the title in a mailer and send it in, then pick up the truck and "mail me a check." I said FU if I have to I'll trailer it to your agent and he/ she can hand me the check. In the end they finally DID pay before they picked up the truck from my place. I still lost 2-3G in what the truck was worth. Bunch of assholes A "team" of nameless voices on the phone, no local help at all

When I told the Lady at Progressive that I was gonna call the state insurance commissioner, she straight up said.

"Good luck."

They know we cant afford to sue them so they **** you over.

Insurance is the biggest scam going in our society.

State ******* Farm did the same thing. It should have been cut and dried it was "her" fault. This was a nice low miles truck should have been top dollar. "They know" that for the say, 2K difference they screwed me for, I could not hire a lawyer. They wanted to tow it I said no it sits in my yard. When they finally got me down on the floor they wanted me to put the title in a mailer and send it in, then pick up the truck and "mail me a check." I said FU if I have to I'll trailer it to your agent and he/ she can hand me the check. In the end they finally DID pay before they picked up the truck from my place. I still lost 2-3G in what the truck was worth. Bunch of assholes A "team" of nameless voices on the phone, no local help at all
Crooked Bastards

Daughter n Law, nurse, hydroplaned 2 weeks ago or so. Totaled her like new 9 month old Ford SUV or whatever it is. Thanks God no one was hurt.
Here's the stupid part. The adjuster finally got around to her case. He makes settlement offer based on photos and it was not even her vehicle!!!! lol
They did not want to pay for rental car as there are none to rent. She "rented" a car from her mother. They might pay some on that, maybe.
Their initial offer was $10,000 less than what they paid for it 9 months ago.
I wonder what thy will have to pay to replace it IF they can find one!? Sad

I wouldn't wipe my butt with State Farm or Progressive policies. :lol:

In August I drove 2 hrs to get a 06 Chrysler 300 SRT8 from my daughter's friend.I was driving my 09 ram quad cab 4x4 and pulling my car trailer.A young girl 17 yrs old turned into me on the drivers side,I drove it home towing the 300 on the trailer.long story short,state fing farm was both ins companies,they paid for a 2500 Cummins for me to tow the duster to molar nats,then they paid for a ram 1500 hemisphere 4x4 for 3 weeks till they decided my frame was bent and they totaled my truck.I got enough from them that I only had to add 3,000 to get the 12 Laramie longhorn, hemi 4x4 that I now have.sometimes it works out(rarely) but I am kind of satisfied................jeff

When I told the Lady at Progressive that I was gonna call the state insurance commissioner, she straight up said.

"Good luck."

They know we cant afford to sue them so they **** you over.

Insurance is the biggest scam going in our society.

I am convinced that in Idaho the State Insurance commission is simply an office door with a sign, and a coffee pot inside

-
Back