Thinking out loud..

-
It should be a hair under 3200 with me. As for springs I'd have to check again but I believe they are 140 #

Ok, on the phone with him. He is a chassis builder and tuner.

1st thing he said you need to do is slow down how fast the front end lifts and transfers the weight to the rear of the car. Front end is lifting too quick and it is hitting the rear too hard and unloading the tire.

2nd thing..... He says he has never had any luck with QA1's in the Rear........ He said sell the QA1 Shocks and get some Strange Double Adjustable's then Up the springs to a 150lb.

He says it will stand that car up on the bumper next time out! And welcome to the low 5's club after you wick up the boost!

He told me all of this stuff and then said go to Alston and print out this tuning guide. I attached it here.... It starts on Page 5

Attachments

• Drag Tune.pdf
    364.3 KB · Views: 438
See that's what it should be doing!! Thanks Louis! I'll see what I can do! and thanks for the link.

This is all fine, but no need to be condescending about it, shows lack of character.[/QUOTE]

Not being conceited it's just you come into my build and say it sucks then you come inot here and say basically the same thing.. do you just feel goI'd putting down other people's builds?

Well I did some adjusting and tweaking. I got the ladders at 2* down pinion is at 2* down and I stiffened the rear shocks a bunch. It hooks much better on the street than it ever has so hopefully the track will hit harder. I also noticed my rear springs are 130-250 variable. I cant afford double adjustables right now so I may just try to get the 140 or 150 springs.

Well I did some adjusting and tweaking. I got the ladders at 2* down pinion is at 2* down and I stiffened the rear shocks a bunch. It hooks much better on the street than it ever has so hopefully the track will hit harder. I also noticed my rear springs are 130-250 variable. I cant afford double adjustables right now so I may just try to get the 140 or 150 springs.

Some good news! I too would play with what you got. How you have it set now should tell you that you are going in the right direction! Good thing is springs are pretty cheap and you can use the on the new shocks when you can get them.

car was hookin yesterday. 7 clicks stiffer on the rear shocks 10 psi in the tires. Ran a best of 5.80@ 124

I will probably try a degree more downforce with the wing. Its still skating down track..

Sweet! Is that the best run so far?

How did you launch? Foot Brake, TB, RPM any boost?

Yes best pass so far. 3800 on the trans brake. No boost launch. 10 psi max .. lots left. 32* timing pulling 1.5* per pound. So lots to play with.

Its coming around for sure. Hoping to get it to a good track in a couple weeks and get my license passes done..

wish I had some cash laying around..

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-ENGINE-59-DEGREE-R3-SIAMESE-SMALL-BLOCK-W9-HEADS-ROTATING-ASSEMBLY-OIL-PAN-/131244864683?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e8ecdb4ab&vxp=mtr"]Dodge Engine 59 Degree R3 Siamese Small Block W9 Heads Rotating Assembly Oil Pan | eBay[/ame]

Long time no see! Havent changed much other than scaled the car its a heavy ****. 3550 with driver. LMAO. Ive got it to the 5.70 range at 138 mph still hazing the tires. Ive got my license but it has traction issues at the better track too. In the process of swapping to a powerglide and probably adding a 9" and pulling the dana 70. That could be part of my traction issue the posi is getting loose. Might take the year off from racing it and do some other upgrades. we shall see

-
Back