This one almost got away.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was cutting gas and after I finished was walking towards my shop and this sucker went running. Usually they don’t stop once they see or hear me so I walked the 300 feet up to my house and went on my back deck and I could just see him. I grabbed my open sighted 22 and went back on my deck and he took off toward my drainage pipe. I had about 3 seconds on a 150 foot shot but I got him. This makes around 6 for the year. Besides the damage they do digging they ate the wiring on two vehicles so it’s open war on them.

D5AC8DD4-846C-4626-801B-0B5FE19C8EC5.jpeg

FF451A8C-581E-4588-8734-9A8049773F79.jpeg

Surprised he was able to survive you "cutting gas". :)
He must have been upwind?

But, good shot anyways! :thumbsup:

Surprised he was able to survive you "cutting gas". :)
He must have been upwind?

But, good shot anyways! :thumbsup:

He came running from the direction of my neighbors shed. I was shocked when he stopped. I was even more shocked when he didn’t take off from me walking across my gravel driveway heading to the house. My neighbors are both widows and both want them dead. She had visitors once and I was shooting one and they said what’s that. Ohhh that’s just John killing another groundhog. Sit down and relax. You should have heard them when the Coyotes came through. All three widows were saying call John

Last edited:
He came running from the direction of my neighbors shed. I was shocked when he stopped. I was even more shocked when he didn’t take off from me walking across my gravel driveway heading to the house. My neighbors are both widows and both want them dead. She had visitors once and I was shooting one and they said what’s that. Ohhh that’s just John killing another groundhog. Sit down and relax. You should have heard them when the Coyotes came through. All three widows were saying call John
My dad use to shoot them out the bedroom window when we lived in Jersey.
Every other weekend we'd go to grandpa's and dad would do his duty.
They loved grandpa's garden. Turned out to be their garden of death. lol

My dad use to shoot them out the bedroom window when we lived in Jersey.
Every other weekend we'd go to grandpa's and dad would do his duty.
They loved grandpa's garden. Turned out to be their garden of death. lol

I think there was only one time that I had to Chuck the body into the woods. Something will drag it off before I get home from church tomorrow.

These two 5hrs apart, a 3rd before 24hrs were up, added another day and a half later...the first two like they were never there...lol!!! The woods are alive, & the turkey vultures are hungry.

20220923_134209.jpg

We have a hay field behind the hunting cabin the farmer allows us to shoot into. shots range from 100 to 300 yard with a hill behind it. great practice with the AR.

We have a hay field behind the hunting cabin the farmer allows us to shoot into. shots range from 100 to 300 yard with a hill behind it. great practice with the AR.

I bought an AR-15 and an AR-15-22 and haven’t taken either one out yet to site them in. Kinda fun shooting with this old open site bolt action 22.

For the range I'm usually workin' in, 30-70yds., the Henry Survival w/CCI Velocitor is perfect. And I'm thrilled shitless I can still drill 'em with the peep sights, lol!!!

My late Uncle would carry marker flags with Him when He was up in the field, stuck one next to every hole He came across. Retired guy that lived on the next hill would spend his afternoons with a scope waiting......

I bought an AR-15 and an AR-15-22 and haven’t taken either one out yet to site them in. Kinda fun shooting with this old open site bolt action 22.
That's what dad used, it was an old WW11 training rifle, a Savage 22 single shot bolt action.
Dad was a firearms expert in the corps, he lived by the 1 shot 1 kill motto.

-
Back